Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2014, 10:54   #46
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea- A company repainted 'new' car ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranger View Post
Many of the cars from late 2009 & early 2010 had the same issue but it was limited to the bumper. The bumper had the maroon color on the insides with the car color sprayed over it right from the factory and the dealers had nothing to do with this. I doubt the doors have such irregularity. Can you post some pics for better clarity?

Gentleman , pls evaluate the above post , lets not start a company /carbashing thread without valid evidence . I would ask the thread opener to post pics of the same and also have it evaluated by a competent mechanic.
Old 17th April 2014, 10:58   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Are we jumping the gun a bit too early? I suggest you find the VIN and check for the details. This should give you the actual color of the car as well. Once it's confirmed that the color is NOT white, then you should go for the next steps.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2014, 11:00   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Also as far as i am aware (please excuse me if i am wrong), any change in colour from the original factory painted colour as declared to RTO requires an endorsement in the registration certificate - so there potentially may be a legal angle here as well.
If it was already repainted to white before registration, the "colour as declared to RTO" would be white and there would be no legal angle there.

If it was registered with RTO as maroon, there is no way it can be sold as a new car to the current owner. If any malpractice happened, it is very likely that it happened before the RTO registration.

Since Oranger confirms that many Fiat cars of that period had similar maroon paint underneath it, there is a chance that dealer was not even aware of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruising Buddha View Post
Recently when the car suffered minor scratches on the bumper and doors, I found out that the car's original colour was maroon which was painted white by Fiat.
BTW, is it possible that the primer paint for the bumpers is maroon?

Last edited by zenren : 17th April 2014 at 11:04.
Old 17th April 2014, 11:08   #49
Senior - BHPian

Is the maroon colour only visible at the bumper or at other places too? If its just bumper then I guess that the original White bumper might have been damaged and in order to complete the delivery the maroon bumper (picked up from another vehicle, test vehicle) might have been painted to white and sold. As other suggested, check the RC for the colour mentioned. If mentioned white then the above might be the case. If not then this is a serious goof up by the dealer and needs to be urgently brought to Fiat's notice.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2014, 11:10   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
Gentleman , pls evaluate the above post , lets not start a company /carbashing thread without valid evidence . I would ask the thread opener to post pics of the same and also have it evaluated by a competent mechanic.
Sir, probably you took my post in the wrong sense. We both are indicating towards the same thing! As far as the bumper thing is concerned I have personally gone through many such instances, been working for the auto insurance industry. No one, at least here would post anything without proper knowledge and home work. So please keep calm and let the thread owner post photos.
Old 18th April 2014, 01:21   #51

Re: Dealer sells a repainted car as "new"!

I would like to thank you all for giving your valuable inputs. As suggested I had the car looked at by Torrent Motors, Andheri. The bumper was maroon and had been painted white but as for the rest of the car they weren't sure. The service centre folks said that they have never come across a case like this in which the bumper had been painted over.

The scratch on the door turned out to be paint from the other car and was easily removed by polish. As suggested I searched the VIN and found out that the car was manufactured in May 2010 and registered in Sept 2010. The colour mentioned in the RC book is white. Should I be concerned about the five month gap in the date of manufacture and delivery?
Cruising Buddha is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks