Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 01:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VINAYSREENIVAS View Post
My only humble request to all is, please help the society buy making the people aware of this kind of threat. Nobody else should be victim like me.
Orale! Kudos to you for fighting the case. I agree on the part that many more should be aware of such scams. Imagine paying lakhs through the nose and getting this.
Old 13th July 2010, 01:17   #17

captain, first i would like to thnk u for the blog..
rite now the car is with me only

captain, i'm planing to do awareness campaign by displaying the content of the banaglore mirror banner on my car for couple of days..
please suggest me..

Captain, first i wud like to thnk you for the blog.
rite nw the car is with me..
i'm planing to do awareness campaign by displaying the content of the banaglore mirror as banner on my car for couple of days..
please suggest on ths..

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th July 2010 at 01:35. Reason: Please read the note in your post very carefully, thanks
Old 13th July 2010, 01:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

While it is indeed unfortunate that this happened, from the list of parts mentioned, the car seems to have been involved in a weird sort of a shunt (left and right fenders, and rear door?).
On the other hand, I completely agree with Dadu's post. This happens with all dealers and car makers. While it doesn't make the issue less grave, I think it underlines the importance of a thorough PDI.

I want to actually see the document/court order on this thread before making any further comments.

Of special interest is the place where Concorde Motors agrees to repainting the car in the areas mentioned.
Old 13th July 2010, 07:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

While I'm sorry with Vinay's experience, I would like to know what is the total cost of changing and repainting the concerned parts?
Old 13th July 2010, 14:24   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Unfortunately, the onus of ensuring a clean car lies with the customer. That's precisely why we insist on every car buyer using the PDI Checklist. With the highest discipline. 60 minutes on the PDI can save you 60 cumulative days in the courts.

@ Vinay : I don't see Fiat being mentioned anywhere in the news article. Did you contact them, or ask for their help? If not, you should.
Old 13th July 2010, 14:48   #21
BHPian

Quote:
My only humble request to all is, please help the society buy making the people aware of this kind of threat. Nobody else should be victim like me.

Please feel free to revert.
Hats off to you boss. Its a really bold move from your side. Most of the people wants simple solutions to problems and finally end up compromising on many aspects.

And posting it here in T-BHP may even make Concorde motors come back with an apology (May be I am a bit too ambitious here) as they know it will badly affect their reputation. I sincerely hope that your voice will be heard by the right people and you will get justice.
Old 13th July 2010, 20:18   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
[i'm planing to do awareness campaign by displaying the content of the banaglore mirror banner on my car for couple of days..
please suggest me..
There is nothing to get suggested. please go ahead and do it & do it in a bold way.

i had seen somebody in this forum doing the same though i don't properly remember the car brand.

Your are lucky, got a decision from the court, my friend is still fighting his case against the Mahindras for the defects his logan has from the day the car was delivered.
Old 13th July 2010, 21:27   #23
BHPian

If I were in the market for a new car and wanted to avoid this kind of incident then how would I know if parts of the car have been repainted? What should I be looking for?
By the way Vinay, it was good going on your part. How long did the entire process take until judgement?
Old 14th July 2010, 01:58   #24

we are doing a road show on saturday through out bangalore city with banners and pomplets those who are interested can please join us.

Iinterested participants can contact me on 9880010477 by thursday evening.

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th July 2010 at 18:39. Reason: Merging consecutive posts.
Old 14th July 2010, 12:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Vinay,
awareness campaign is fine, but don't you want to solve your problem first?

Did you try contacting Fiat India directly? Fiat would not want their image to go down like this. Please send them an email with pictures and other documents along with a link to this thread at team-bhp.

I would suggest you try and contact Fiat email/phone them, whatever it takes.
If it doesn't work then maybe you could consider the awareness campaign and maybe take up a bit more.
Old 14th July 2010, 16:58   #26

Captain,
I agree with your point. but i tried contacting Fiat India via email & phone but they are not ready to take up any step regd ths issue & also never showd any interest towards the issue.

Fiat says its a dealer mistake they dont have anything to do with ths issue.

Ths has been already discussed face to face with Fiat Representatives with no result.
Old 14th July 2010, 18:41   #27

Message Displayed on the banner of my car for Saturday road show goes like this -

BEWARE!!!
CONCORDE MOTORS SELLS REPAINTED CAR
Dear All, I purchased a Brand New Car Fiat Palio from Concorde Motors, Bangalore. Later it was found that the car has been repainted in Rear Left Side Door & Door Handle, Left & Right Side of the Fender, Under the Bonnet. So beware when you purchase brand new car from Concorde Motors, Bangalore. For more details please read BangaloreMirror dated July 12, 2010 page No.7
-Owner of the Defect Car

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th July 2010 at 18:42. Reason: [FONT] and other tags removed. Please see the thread regarding this problem in the ANNOUNCEMENTS section. Thanks.
Old 14th July 2010, 18:50   #28
BANNED

Quote:
I purchased a brand new car Fiat Palio on 23rd August 2009 from Concorde Motors, Mysore Road Branch, Bangalore.
Can you post the complete 20 Character VIN , just to check whether its a brand new car or not .
Old 14th July 2010, 21:35   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
we are doing a road show on saturday through out bangalore city with banners and pomplets those who are interested can please join us.
I am sure I cannot change your mind, but like someone else said, you need to some more to the dealers/FIAT before doing this. I thought that the dealership offered you a good deal, in fact, if you had bargained for a complete 4-year free service package from them, that would have been good.

Dealer margins are wafer thin on each car, they'll have to sell close to 15 cars to break even. Like Wildon mentioned, give us the VIN#, and kindly share the photographs too, along with the legal documents that show that Concorde agreed that they had repainted the panels. I do not wish to sound skeptical, but this data is important for this thread.
Old 14th July 2010, 21:43   #30
Senior - BHPian

Chassis no appears to be MCA17888F08072967DPZ from
Fiat Palio Stile - Consumer Report, Consumer Review, Consumer Complaint for India - Consumerdaddy.com

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks