Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2010, 20:16   #31
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Is there a rule on how old the car can be for registering? When it comes to registering a BS3, I have heard from many that the major metros wouldnt register them if delivery happened post April or May. So, it means it can be registered elsewhere in outskirts. Again, the dealer said since the Palio delivered would be BS3, they would register it outskirts and give to me. Happens only in India!!
When i was taking my new car, i too asked if it was BS3 or not and i was told- how can we register a car older than April( in June) since its against the rule. Do not know how old can a car be to register. My only point on this issue- what has the manufacturer done in this case, did they come to know and if so, are they doing something. If not- sad and means, anyone can do whatever they want and get away(read in this case-FIAT dealers)
BTW i am sure this board now has almost all manufacturers viewing and hopefully someone takes notice.
Old 24th July 2010, 20:22   #32
Senior - BHPian

MKH: This raises another question for me. Can vehicle manufacturers still manufacture cars that are of BS3? When I initially read news about RX 135 closing down and Maruti 800 closing down, I was thinking like RTO will not register it and also the car maker should stop manufacturing it. Is there any rule that stops car makers from manufacturing BS3? If yes, how come Fiat is still manufacturing the BS3 Palios.
Old 24th July 2010, 21:01   #33
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

I would always advice that you never buy a car that is being phased out. The offers from the dealers may look tempting but it reflects the actual drop in value of the car. Eventually parts start getting expensive, you start having problems on your insurance renewals and claims over a period of time. Fact that the car is being phased out reflects that the model is well past it's prime and it is time for your head to start ruling your heart.

On the BS-3 registration, adjustments can be made in the RTO. I would not be surprised if the RTO records show this car as BS-4!. Remember the Dec models were registered in Jan reflecting the new year as the date of manufacture. That is why you will see Temp registered vehicles running in Dec!

With respect to Prerana, I remember a very bad experience. I am Banker and we had funded a new Safari. The borrower was in default and when we repossessed the car we found that an old demo car had been sold as a new car! I had then written to the Head-Cars at TATA Motors and was going to take legal recourse. Unfortunately, I got transferred and my successor did not pursue the case as there was some sort of settlement.

Cheers

KPS
Old 25th July 2010, 09:15   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
When i was taking my new car, i too asked if it was BS3 or not and i was told- how can we register a car older than April( in June) since its against the rule. Do not know how old can a car be to register. My only point on this issue- what has the manufacturer done in this case, did they come to know and if so, are they doing something. If not- sad and means, anyone can do whatever they want and get away(read in this case-FIAT dealers)
BTW i am sure this board now has almost all manufacturers viewing and hopefully someone takes notice.
Well if my knowledge is correct , in India , there are cities which are under BS 4 and others which are in BS 3 . Government implements the rule on a phased manner so that both the manufacturers and the customers are not getting impacted on a very high level due to the new norms .
The offer that is mentioned here is happening with the knowledge of the company if we look at it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
MKH: This raises another question for me. Can vehicle manufacturers still manufacture cars that are of BS3? When I initially read news about RX 135 closing down and Maruti 800 closing down, I was thinking like RTO will not register it and also the car maker should stop manufacturing it. Is there any rule that stops car makers from manufacturing BS3? If yes, how come Fiat is still manufacturing the BS3 Palios.
Not so sure about this . Because not all cities come under BS 4 . In that case manufacturers can sell the BS 3 ones to the non BS 4 cities until the whole country comes under the same norm .
RX 135 and M800 , were removed in again a phased manner .

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
On the BS-3 registration, adjustments can be made in the RTO. I would not be surprised if the RTO records show this car as BS-4!. Remember the Dec models were registered in Jan reflecting the new year as the date of manufacture. That is why you will see Temp registered vehicles running in Dec!

With respect to Prerana, I remember a very bad experience. I am Banker and we had funded a new Safari. The borrower was in default and when we repossessed the car we found that an old demo car had been sold as a new car! I had then written to the Head-Cars at TATA Motors and was going to take legal recourse. Unfortunately, I got transferred and my successor did not pursue the case as there was some sort of settlement.
Date of manufacturer as per my knowledge would always give the actual date even in the RC book . Mine is 2000 December model Zen , registered in 2001 Jan . So its clearly mentioned in the RC Book . I dont think even they can tamper with BS3 / BS4 stamping .

All that I am wondering is why FIAT - TATA is not taking an action / why they are not having an inspection kind of thing with all these dealers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks