Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2010, 12:27   #16
BHPian

Ram,
Pm ed you the details.
The issue is still not sorted out .We are not getting a proper date .
Old 30th July 2010, 13:04   #17
BHPian

Update from the dealer,
The SE, informed that there is a white Vxi loaded and is in transit , will probably reach here by 10th . And we need to pay the full amount now and make the invoice. However my friend insisted that he is not ready to pay in full unless he sees the car . But the dealer is insisting that either pay up in full by tomorrow(31st) or he will pass the car to some one else.He also added that this will be case in future as well . ie, We have to pay in full when the car is loaded for shipment.
Even though my friend told that he will pay some cash now and rest will be paid when the car arrives, these guys are not willing to give in.
What could be done ?My friend so dejected by his first time car buying experience.
Old 6th August 2010, 18:23   #18
BHPian

My friend had paid 3.5 lacs in advance out of which 3 lacs, which is the loan amount was withdrawn by the delear from the bank.Now they want to pay full amount and make the invoicing done else they are threatening that they will sell it to some one else. Mean while Maruti has hiked the price by 4k.
He is saying that he wont pay up the rest of the amount unless he sees tha car. If nothing is happing he is also thinking of approaching consumer forum.
I'm posting all these experinces here as i hope that my friend would get some advice from you guys (he is reading although not a member) ,but i'm sad that all i got was an infraction.
Old 6th August 2010, 18:55   #19
BANNED

ok Past is past now..

1. Is the car arrived at the dealership?
2. Do recording of conversation with dealer either in audio/video.
3. Never sign any papers in advance unless you are satisfied with the shown vehicle.
4. My advise is don't pay until you see the vehicle.

If you have booking receipts try to file a complaint with all supportings to Maruti .
Old 7th August 2010, 13:49   #20
BHPian

@wildon,

1.They are saying it is on transit.will reach delearship by 13.
2.Not done yet.
3.Only initial booking and loan papers were signed.
4.They are not willing to give/show the vehicle unless full amount is paid.

They are mails sent to maruti as well as several calls made.no response yet.
Old 13th August 2010, 19:53   #21
BHPian

Update.
After long struggle, many phone calls and many non-reliable promises , finally we saw the car in flesh today .Yup, finally the blue eyed boy arrived and is in the stock yard of the dealer , bathed in slush and mud.
We did a quick check of the car, the body could not be checked as it was covered with mud.Paid all the amount and waiting to take delivery on 17Aug.
Even though the dealer has promised some freebies now they are not ready to offer all. They have agreed (written) for teflon but is not ready to give any warranty certificate or any proof that teflon coating is done.
The dealer offered seat covers (OE leather ) including steering cover for 6k .Is this a good quote.
Old 13th August 2010, 20:16   #22
BHPian

My bro booked All-New-Wagon-R VXi on 25th June.
Initial delivery date promised was 45 days. It's already crossed and yet not even commitment on the delivery date (or atleast week).
This at ABT, Guindy, Chennai.

@bullboy, how long did it take for the delivery?
Old 13th August 2010, 21:27   #23
BHPian

@iamswift ,it will be 84 days - booked on 24 may and delivery date 17 Aug.The dealership experience was pathetic

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks