Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2010, 09:26   #1
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

My experience at VW, Toyota and Mitsubishi in Madurai

A friend of mine was interested in buying a new car armed with a 10 lakh budget. Since he is a photographer, his priorities from the car were space, comfort and enough boot space to carry his equipments and luggage for a week. He also wanted his car to give a proper driving dynamics with great ride and handling. So the search began.

First the obvious choice was a Innova or a Xylo, but both didn't had the dynamics he wished for. Next was i20, Figo, Punto and SX4. But somehow these didn't click for him.

23rd July 2010:
We went to check out the Polo and also inquire about the Vento from VW Madurai and Etios from Anaamalais Toyota, Madurai.

Volkswagen:
The pinnacle of German engineering. The sales staff at VW Madurai were a bunch of unimpressive folks. They constantly insisted us on test driving a petrol version as the diesel version didn't had a TD car. Also they wanted us to believe that VW has service stations every 70-100 kms aross India. The sales guys didn't even had a basic idea of English, let alone fluency. Common VW is this the way you treat a customer? Surely the experience at VW Madurai was pathetic. I remember being at VW Kolkata a couple of weeks back and the sales people were very impressive and friendly. But I think VW needs to rethink about the VW Madurai dealership. Being a global leader, they cannot afford to pay such people who have no interest in selling their products.

Next we moved to Anamalais Toyota.

Toyota:
The people were friendly and as expected they didn't reveal much about the Etios. But they gave a good idea on the Innova and the Altis D4-D. The experience was way better than VW Madurai.

Confused, my friend did not had any clue which car to buy. Then we saw a Mitsubishi dealership and straight away went inside.

Mitsubishi:
The experience at Mitsubishi was fantastic. The sales guys were really friendly and rather than pure exaggeration, they gave an in depth knowledge about their products, the Lancer and the Cedia. I myself fell in love with the Cedia. The folks at Mitsubishi's Madurai dealership were a great bunch. Now my friend has almost zeroed on a Cedia Sports, even though it exceedes his budget by a good 1.5 lakhs. Perhaps that is the essence of an impressive sales team.

Now I'm quite tempted to get myself a Cedis Sports too. IMO Mitsubishi's deserves to sell more. The warm behaviour of the people there deserves a thumbs up.

Good Work Mitsubishi !!

Last edited by //M : 25th July 2010 at 09:28.
Old 25th July 2010, 12:52   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm extremely glad to know about your experience in HM-Mitsu showroom in Madurai. Very rarely do we hear about such experiences. Offlate, a good number of questions to sales persons end up here,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...alerships.html
Old 29th July 2010, 08:45   #3
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

I was in for a surprise when the SP told me that they sell 10 Lancers compared to just 4-5 Cedias in a month. And I used to think that the good old Lancer will be discontinued soon.

Last edited by //M : 29th July 2010 at 08:46.

Most Viewed