Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2010, 20:16   #1
Senior - BHPian

Sunrise Hyundai - Photography not allowed "verna" you will be kicked out!

Guys, remember sunrise hyundai?

Haan wohi apna pyaara sunrise hyundai whose tagline is "reach your destination"?

Yep..the same dealership which I had constant fights with due to their awful service standards and sheer arrogance of service staff. This was the same dealership from where I purchased the santro in september 2006.

Now, why this another "story"? tha'ts because whatever you read in the title happened to me today just some time back.

Now, some flashback:
  • In fall 2008, my car met with an accident in fog and I gave the car to sunrise for repairs. The paintwork was done disastrously, pics of which I will share below. After a big fight, the work was redone and the car was given back to me.
Sunrise Hyundai - Photography not allowed "verna" you will be kicked out!-1.jpg

Sunrise Hyundai - Photography not allowed "verna" you will be kicked out!-2.jpg

Sunrise Hyundai - Photography not allowed "verna" you will be kicked out!-3.jpg

Sunrise Hyundai - Photography not allowed "verna" you will be kicked out!-4.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-hyundai.html
  • one day before the i20 was launched, I took some pics and posted a scoop here on December 2008. The relationship between the dealership and hyundai India was in serious jeopardy as was claimed by them after I got a call from a person. They forced and pressurized me to delete the pics and even made me write an apology letter that things like this would never happen again. Point noted, pics taken off. But it was too late...
  • 2009 beginning: both my front and rear bumpers were repainted twice on complaint after paint started to peel off. again after much pressurizing them. That was to be my last visit after the service AGM told me never to come again just because of my dismal satisfaction levels wit his quality of work.
  • November 2009: An unforseen bang in front of suntise hyundai (ironically) breaks my taillight. I go for a replacement, I was denied.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/69385-arrogant-sunrise-hyundai-workshop-refuses-install-tail-light-my-santro.html

That day,I wrote this:

Quote:
I was going to connought place and unfortunately on the way to mother dairy, an elderly lady driving a Fusion banged onto my Santro from behind, causing my taillight to break and it needed replacement.

Since this incident happened just in front of Sunrise Hyundai workshop, I parked my car outside it and went to purchase the taillight for it from parts counter. First I was given the price of about Rs. 836 in counter, I was about to pay him but then on seeing me, the AGM of service confronts me and simply refuses to install the light just because:
  • I have written negative about the workshop on the internet, that is here and he feels that more customers are not coming to his workshop.
  • he says " you only feel that the workshop has more negatives than positives in the quality of wok done so why on earth have you come here?"
  • He openly shouted at me in FRONT OF OTHER PERSONS, that is customers and advisers and nobody was ready to help me.
  • When I was going to get the job card opened, the AGM told the adviser that tell him (me) that the part is not available and he should never ever see me or my car again at the workshop.
  • Final nail in the coffin: he tells security guards to not allow my car forever in the workshop premises.
As a customer, don't you think I have the right to stand for the truth and report anything bad that goes on there to fellow bhpians?

And how come an AUTHORIZED WORKSHOP dares to refuse the customer of any spare part, despite of being at the stock?

And above all, despite of my once complaining to Hyundai Motor India about the poor service standards about sunrise, why haven't they taken a necessary action against it?
  • Now, after this incident my numerous complaints with Hyundai India had really pissed them off, so much so that the AGM service dared to do this:
Letter received on December 4, 2009, at my house, perfectly scripted and twisted (which I found out later after my investigation.)

Sunrise Hyundai - Photography not allowed "verna" you will be kicked out!-scan0024.jpg

Sunrise Hyundai - Photography not allowed "verna" you will be kicked out!-scan0025.jpg

Most of the allegations are false and let me assure you, this is how a customer (me) was treated there.

I never to that place again.

Until now.

Today I went to prime Honda showroom to get a city price list, and courteous enough, some discussions about the jazz "X", I got a phone call from a friend of my dad (my dad's mobile was with me), that he want to purchase a verna transform and he wanted to finalize the silver colour.
He wanted to see a pic of the silver colour, that is how the car looks in silver.

Coincidence and fate again, a silver verna transform was in display at sunrise ground floor, just as you enter, there. I took a brochure and the minute I wanted to take a front snap, a person from the reception comes and shouts at me that

"with whose permission are you clicking the picture?"

"you were the one who clicked the i20 pics and posted on the internet, naa?"

"Do you know that you have to take permission of a senior person to click the pic..." he shouts and the whole staff and customers start to look at what the hell is happening!

Looks like the dealership still couldn't get over that rude i20 shock therepy that they got 20 months back.

He dares me that he will call the guard and chuck me out. I say, "do it".

I even ask that what objection do they have on clicking a snap of a car that is already on the roads? The sales person becomes more hot, and hotter than ever before. I ask him to stay calm. But he becomes more angry.

I stay calm. Yes, calm. And from the same person from whom I purchased the car, he tries to scare me "tera apology letter abhi bhi hai mere paas".
(your apology letter is still with me)

I say "so what?" is it a big deal anyway?

In comes the guard. The salesperson directs him and tells him "inka chehra dhyaan se dekho."
"Inki entry yahaan allowed nahi hai, aur agar yeh phie se dikhein aur is verna ka pic click karein, inko dhakke maarke bahar kar do. Samjhe?"

(translated-look at his face carefully. This person is not allowed to enter this dealership. If you see him or spot him clicking the verna pic, push him and send him out.)

I don't say anything, just give him a wicked look and go out....angry yet lekin kabhi kabhi in logon pe mujhe daya aati hai...

Moral of the incident-photography not allowed, "verna" you will be kicked out of sunrise hyundai.

And in contrast, Hyundai Motor Plaza Delhi was courteous enough to let me click pic from each and every angle of the hyundai verna and that too with a digicam and let me post it here,without any hassles if you may have seen in a thread sometime back.

here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ansform-8.html

Thank you so much sunrise. You really made my day.

I have already told that person who called me to go and buy a Linea. he is coming tomorrow, and will certainly book a linea emotion pack in silver from a Fiat dealership.

Moral of today's incident: Beware of this dealership.

Last edited by sidindica : 31st July 2010 at 20:24.
Old 31st July 2010, 20:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

So the jist of the matter is since Sunrise treated you badly, you will now tell the other person to buy the Fiat Linea when you yourself havent been happy with the quality and the service? What is the point of this thread?

Last edited by extreme_torque : 31st July 2010 at 20:31.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2010, 20:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

@extreme torque-the point of this thread is simple. In a free market where you have choices, this kind of incident and insult is simply not tolerated by the end customer.

And I don't think that I need to further explain that why I wrote this. This just dilutes the reputation of the brand as a whole, which the dealership represents.
Old 31st July 2010, 20:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
@extreme torque-the point of this thread is simple. In a free market where you have choices, this kind of incident and insult is simply not tolerated by the end customer.
If I take your word for it, yes it is. But I haven't heard their part of the story yet. If one act from you in the past jeopardized their relationship with Hyundai, they are bound to be cautious in whether they allow you to enter some areas of their premises or not.

Quote:
And I don't think that I need to further explain that why I wrote this. This just dilutes the reputation of the brand as a whole, which the dealership represents.
Every brand has good and bad dealerships but as long as Hyundai themselves responded well, we have no reason to jump the gun. What with recommendation of Fiat Linea just because you had your issues with Sunrise? To be very frank, I smell a propaganda here and I would like moderators to take note.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 31st July 2010 at 20:58.
Old 31st July 2010, 21:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

Let them take note. And why do you always smell something fishy? Just because this incident had left a bitter taste in me? or because I was anti fiat and now am telling him to look at the linea? And I told him about the entire incident before recommending him this. Now its upto him to decide.

Last edited by sidindica : 31st July 2010 at 21:02.
Old 31st July 2010, 21:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Frankly Speaking, unless the 9 cases on you are proved wrong, you have no right to bash them. You abusing and using derogatory language to others is as bad as what has been done to you.

It even states as you driving rash which IMHO , a distinguised bhp-ian would never do.

#epicfail in networking terms.
Old 31st July 2010, 21:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let them take note. And why do you always smell something fishy? Just because this incident had left a bitter taste in me? or because I was anti fiat and now am telling him to look at the linea? And I told him about the entire incident before recommending him this. Now its upto him to decide.
The first post also said that the other Hyundai dealer was very courteous and let you take all the pics that you wanted. So it would have been understandable if you had warned the prospective buyer to 'Not' buy the car from Sunrise? But telling him not to buy a Hyundai??? I am sorry? Have I missed something?
To whom do you want to prove a point? And I totally concur with Abhinav's point of view above.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 31st July 2010 at 21:09.
Old 31st July 2010, 21:11   #8
Senior - BHPian

@Sid - I don't how to put in better words, if the dealers do not have a good relationship with you, why go over there again? The best way to say good bye is with a smile & never to step in there again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica
This just dilutes the reputation of the brand as a whole, which the dealership represents
Well I would say NO because the dealer is bad not the manufacturer; if you were the manufacturer & if the dealer has a problem with some xyz person, you may not afford to close the entire dealership right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica
In a free market where you have choices
As you said rightly, you've choices, never visit these guys again. What extreme_torque says is right.
Old 31st July 2010, 21:37   #9
BHPian

@sidindica

i agree with aargee and others. if the dealership has misbehaved with you, why would you want to go there again?
i think by asking a guy to buy a linea instead doesn't make sense simply because you had been treated shabbily by "one" dealership. you could have asked him to buy the verna from some other dealership. if i was the dealership owner, and had something like this happened and "jeopardized" my relationship with the parent company, even i would have been slightly careful with the customer who put me in soup in the first place. Another thing i couldn't quiet understand was when you had been ill-treated earlier, why would you go to the dealership immediately after your tail-lamp was broken. If i was in your place i would have gone to the other dealership to get it replaced. and after being denied the tail-lamp (which ideally they can not do), and being shouted at, you still went their to click pictures of verna?!? why?!?!?

i am sorry buddy but i have to take this claim with a pinch of salt.
Old 31st July 2010, 21:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to avoid. But as I told, it was a matter of chance that the car was parked in silver and I had to just take a small shot. I just came out of honda and seen the same car (verna) in silver. But still, why this arrogance?

Last edited by sidindica : 31st July 2010 at 22:01.
Old 31st July 2010, 21:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
@sidindica

i agree with aargee and others. if the dealership has misbehaved with you, why would you want to go there again?
i think by asking a guy to buy a linea instead doesn't make sense simply because you had been treated shabbily by "one" dealership. you could have asked him to buy the verna from some other dealership. if i was the dealership owner, and had something like this happened and "jeopardized" my relationship with the parent company, even i would have been slightly careful with the customer who put me in soup in the first place. Another thing i couldn't quiet understand was when you had been ill-treated earlier, why would you go to the dealership immediately after your tail-lamp was broken. If i was in your place i would have gone to the other dealership to get it replaced. and after being denied the tail-lamp (which ideally they can not do), and being shouted at, you still went their to click pictures of verna?!? why?!?!?

i am sorry buddy but i have to take this claim with a pinch of salt.
answered in above post. matter of chance and coincidence.

Last edited by sidindica : 31st July 2010 at 22:01.
Old 31st July 2010, 22:00   #12
Senior - BHPian

@sidindica, what is factually wrong in the letter? More specifically:
1. Is it illegal to click the scoop pics which you clicked? (sorry I dont have knowledge of the law)
2. Did your really enter into the restricted areas of the workshop against their objections?
3. Did you really drive rashly in the premises?
4. Is it illegal to click pics of the Verna?

I think your case hinges on the legal aspects of these three points. I know, these things can happen when we rub some big companies the wrong way. Kinda reminds me of when one of my employers tried to threaten me into not quitting the company, by preparing a showcause notice that i had leaked confidential data, when I had done nothing of the sort! But anyone will find it difficult to believe one side of the story. If you clarify the facts behind these 4 points, it will help people understand.
Old 31st July 2010, 22:02   #13
Senior - BHPian

Guys Guys, Sidindica is a distinguished BHP'ian firstly who's scoops are extraordinary.

Just because he has posted a negative review about a service, we start doubting him is JUST NOT FAIR!

And so what it he clicked pictures of the i20 before the launch. If Hyundai wanted it under wraps and a total secret, they should have made sure it remained like that.

And treating a customer like dirt is 'JUST NOT ACCEPTABLE' ! PERIOD !

What is this 'tera apology letter abhi bhi hai mere paas", Disgusting.

Yes i agree with people here about Sid going to the same Hyundai dealership for a tail lamp, why dude ? You could have gone somewhere else. Also you could have gone somewhere else to check the Verna. It was a Verna and not an SLR that only one show room will have it.

And Hyundai on the whole is nice. A bad dealership experience agreed but 99% of Hyundai dealerships are brilliant and your friend could still go for the verna.

Anyway he wanted us to be aware of the dealership and that's about the motive.

Last edited by humyum : 31st July 2010 at 22:04.
Old 31st July 2010, 22:10   #14
BHPian

Sid,

Totally understand & sympathize with you about the high handedness of certain dealerships. In Bangalore, Whitefield Honda is one such dealer, i too had a similar type of bitter experience when they refused to make warranty replacements even though Honda had approved - can you believe it ? though, Sunrise definitely takes the cake, for their utterly ridiculous behavior !!

The letter written by that Sunrise AGM looks totally immature & baseless. Its quite evident that they're trying to cover up their own goof ups & trying to throw muck on you.

- Why should they stop you from entering their dealership ?? Arent you their customer already ?
- There is nothing so called 'illegal' about posting spy pics, what's the big deal ?

Thanks for bringing this to the notice of us all, will help to avoid such jokers !

Why dont you take this up with Hyundai directly & mail them this thread link ? It's Hyundai's reputation at stake after all.

PS : - Didnt understand your suggestion to buy the Linea - is it based on the requirements of your friend ?

Last edited by nirmaljusdoit : 31st July 2010 at 22:11.
Old 31st July 2010, 22:14   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
@sidindica, what is factually wrong in the letter? More specifically:
1. Is it illegal to click the scoop pics which you clicked? (sorry I dont have knowledge of the law)

who says its illegal? if this would start to happen, what about those so called "spy shots" that appears on the net?

2. Did your really enter into the restricted areas of the workshop against their objections?

I clicked the pics of my own santro after repair in the workshop. but nobody told me that photos of my own car is not allowed. Many people have shown the pics of their own cars under repair from the company workshops, so was this any different? After the shoddy first time work, I had to stay extra careful and wanted to see that they don't mess with my car again.

3. Did you really drive rashly in the premises?

No. Its extremely rubbish. I was made to wait for 4 hours before the so called washing happened and these peple handled my car. I was standing on themain gate. And for your information, many service people themselves drive cars rashly inside premises.

4. Is it illegal to click pics of the Verna?

Who says so? Otherwise, why would HMP not say anything when I was merrily taking pics and posted it here? For the so called sunrise...I donno. But its not. Its just that they started to hate my after the i20 saga happened and that service quality.

I think your case hinges on the legal aspects of these three points. I know, these things can happen when we rub some big companies the wrong way. Kinda reminds me of when one of my employers tried to threaten me into not quitting the company, by preparing a showcause notice that i had leaked confidential data, when I had done nothing of the sort! But anyone will find it difficult to believe one side of the story. If you clarify the facts behind these 4 points, it will help people understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Guys Guys, Sidindica is a distinguished BHP'ian firstly who's scoops are extraordinary.

please do not tag me like this. i am just an ordinary human being.

Just because he has posted a negative review about a service, we start doubting him is JUST NOT FAIR!

And so what it he clicked pictures of the i20 before the launch. If Hyundai wanted it under wraps and a total secret, they should have made sure it remained like that.

And treating a customer like dirt is 'JUST NOT ACCEPTABLE' ! PERIOD !

What is this 'tera apology letter abhi bhi hai mere paas", Disgusting.

Yes i agree with people here about Sid going to the same Hyundai dealership for a tail lamp, why dude ? You could have gone somewhere else.

I did not fit the taillamp from there. I got it done from samara later. For that I had to turn back 6 kms and my time was wasted.

Also you could have gone somewhere else to check the Verna. It was a Verna and not an SLR that only one show room will have it.

I told you that I just came out of honda showroom which is just next to it and that same time I got a call. Therefore I just walked and wanted to take a shot. why would I travel another 5 kms to click a silver verna pic? if it was not there, I would have not shot it.

And Hyundai on the whole is nice. A bad dealership experience agreed but 99% of Hyundai dealerships are brilliant and your friend could still go for the verna.

I just told him my experiance and unintentionally told him to go and buy the linea. Short temperedness. thats all.

Anyway he wanted us to be aware of the dealership and that's about the motive.
my replies in italics and bold.

Last edited by sidindica : 31st July 2010 at 22:23.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks