Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2010, 22:18   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Guys Guys, Sidindica is a distinguished BHP'ian firstly who's scoops are extraordinary.

Just because he has posted a negative review about a service, we start doubting him is JUST NOT FAIR! .
Being a bhpn or a distinguished BHP'n doesnt make anyone immortal. He has put up the facts and we are entitled for our opinion.

As for the issue itself, Our family have been with Hyundai for the past 10 years! I guess, Hyundai are one of the few companies that value customer and customer service. I agree that there are weeds in the form of dealers! It is best to avoid the dealer rather than the product.

Last edited by MutantX : 31st July 2010 at 22:22. Reason: spelling - correction
Old 31st July 2010, 22:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Sid,

Totally understand & sympathize with you about the high handedness of certain dealerships. In Bangalore, Whitefield Honda is one such dealer, i too had a similar type of bitter experience when they refused to make warranty replacements even though Honda had approved - can you believe it ? though, Sunrise definitely takes the cake, for their utterly ridiculous behavior !!

The letter written by that Sunrise AGM looks totally immature & baseless. Its quite evident that they're trying to cover up their own goof ups & trying to throw muck on you.

- Why should they stop you from entering their dealership ?? Arent you their customer already ?
- There is nothing so called 'illegal' about posting spy pics, what's the big deal ?

Thanks for bringing this to the notice of us all, will help to avoid such jokers !

Why dont you take this up with Hyundai directly & mail them this thread link ? It's Hyundai's reputation at stake after all.

PS : - Didnt understand your suggestion to buy the Linea - is it based on the requirements of your friend ?
Yes..and sometimes short temperedness. Its a natural human tendency to recommend a different car because he is pissed off, just because dealer represents a brand. One incident like this leaves a bitter impression and the minute you get another phone call to answer the request, its natural to recommend a different product.
Old 31st July 2010, 22:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Being a bhpn or a distinguished BHP'n doesnt make anyone immortal. He has out up the facts and we are entitled for our opinion.

rightly said. I am just an ordinary human being. Not any tees maar khan person that i should be in cloud 9. It was my experiance, so shared here. And I stayed calm. I did not say anything to them today. Just walked away.

As for the issue itself, Our family have been with Hyundai for the past 10 years! I guess, Hyundai are one of the few companies that value customer and customer service. I agree that there are weeds in the form of dealers! It is best to avoid the dealer rather than the product.

Maybe rightly said. But this incident should not have happened in the first place.
Old 31st July 2010, 22:37   #19
BHPian

For all you know certain dealers are rogue dealers and certain dealers go out of the way to help a customer. At the end of day, it we (customers) who have the trumpcard and ofcourse we have the final laugh.

Nowadays most people (70%+) who buy their first car begin their search on the internet to finalize what they want. Eventually and Inevitability they are lead to famous sites such as carwale, Tbhp, bsmotoring etc., after googling. I am sure this is very well known to all dealers (or most). Hence most dealers are very very careful when it comes to treating and entertaining their customer. Once bad experience from the customer would result is loss of business mounting to a few lakhs! but the long term damage would have already been done in the form of reviews that float in such online forums.

Sid, as for your experience it is regrettable. But I suggest you keep away from the dealer henceforth. Btw, what did your uncle end up buying? a Verna or Linea?
Old 31st July 2010, 22:37   #20
BHPian

It is always better to avoid a place where we are not respected. Nobody wants to be uninvited guests. Then why did you go there. Even if the tail lamps break, there is no issues right??? Very well the car can run. Isnt'it.

But seriously a behaviuor like this from any dealer is not acceptable. Are they considering customers as crap or what?? Any day you have a right to service your car in an authorised service centre, but the question is why visit a service centre which doesn't respect you.

Moreover taking snaps again is not a recommendable act, because having faced a bad incident earlier why did you do that. Any day or other in other showrooms you could have seen the Verna in silver.

Forget it. Its all in the game.
Old 31st July 2010, 22:46   #21
BHPian

@sid
I totally understand your situation.I also remember the whole tail-light and i20 picture issue that took place.
IMO i think instead of criticizing HYUNDAI as a whole,we should instead caution the others about SUNRISE HYUNDAI in particular.
I am sure that you will agree that your SANTRO (or any other Hyundai product)has been in general troublefree and served you well.
As far as Sunrise hyundai is concerned,we should escalte the matter and make sure that the AGM apologises for his behaviour.
Old 31st July 2010, 22:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
For all you know certain dealers are rogue dealers and certain dealers go out of the way to help a customer. At the end of day, it we (customers) who have the trumpcard and ofcourse we have the final laugh.

Nowadays most people (70%+) who buy their first car begin their search on the internet to finalize what they want. Eventually and Inevitability they are lead to famous sites such as carwale, Tbhp, bsmotoring etc., after googling. I am sure this is very well known to all dealers (or most). Hence most dealers are very very careful when it comes to treating and entertaining their customer. Once bad experience from the customer would result is loss of business mounting to a few lakhs! but the long term damage would have already been done in the form of reviews that float in such online forums.

Sid, as for your experience it is regrettable. But I suggest you keep away from the dealer henceforth. Btw, what did your uncle end up buying? a Verna or Linea?
first let him come in a couple of hours from now. I told you all that it was just a phone call and a matter of chance that the silver verna was parked there at the same time. Obviously, he will scrutinize the options before buying it but he was first keen on a verna transform.
Old 31st July 2010, 22:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Ok my take on this is: Let us consider the intentions. What is Sid's intention?
1. To put scoop pics. Ok, even if you question this, he agreed to delete them and gave a letter of apology. Story closed.
2. To get his car serviced.
3. To click a picture of a silver Verna, which OBVIOUSLY is not a scoop. Quite evidently he is trying to share the pic with someone to make a car-buying decision.

What is the dealer's intention? Simply put, to hold an old grudge and find new reasons for holding it, against a CUSTOMER. Not good.

Regret what happened. They have to remember, despite everything you are their customer, which they don't seem to have done.

If the guy had walked over and said, "Sir, please do not click pictures, already we have had so much of discussion about this. Let me know how else we can help you." then it is different. But threatening a customer? Bringing security into it and humiliating a prospective buyer? Disgraceful.

After all, nothing about Verna pictures to leak on the Net.

Completely off-topic, IMHO the Linea is a better car. Added to that, if the dealer in the neighborhood is an unfriendly type, then it is a factor to consider in choosing the car, so the suggestion to dump Verna and go for Linea in this case is valid.

My suggestion: Just stay away from these guys unless you happen to be a bigshot. Usually it is not the good guy who wins, even if you have all the online support in the world.
Old 31st July 2010, 22:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
@sid
I totally understand your situation.I also remember the whole tail-light and i20 picture issue that took place.
IMO i think instead of criticizing HYUNDAI as a whole,we should instead caution the others about SUNRISE HYUNDAI in particular.
I am sure that you will agree that your SANTRO (or any other Hyundai product)has been in general troublefree and served you well.
As far as Sunrise hyundai is concerned,we should escalte the matter and make sure that the AGM apologises for his behaviour.
I criticised hyundai because they did not take my matter seriously inspite of numerous calls to them in late 2009. And then the opposite happened. The letter printed by AGM and sent to my home. Is this customer care? the dealer himself is accusing me of spreading hate mails against them here. He did mention my complaint and then at last, he calls my acts as "twist of facts". Read the letter's second page and see whats written.
Old 31st July 2010, 22:55   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Ok my take on this is: Let us consider the intentions. What is Sid's intention?
1. To put scoop pics. Ok, even if you question this, he agreed to delete them and gave a letter of apology. Story closed.
2. To get his car serviced.
3. To click a picture of a silver Verna, which OBVIOUSLY is not a scoop. Quite evidently he is trying to share the pic with someone to make a car-buying decision.

What is the dealer's intention? Simply put, to hold an old grudge and find new reasons for holding it, against a CUSTOMER. Not good.

Regret what happened. They have to remember, despite everything you are their customer, which they don't seem to have done.

If the guy had walked over and said, "Sir, please do not click pictures, already we have had so much of discussion about this. Let me know how else we can help you." then it is different. But threatening a customer? Bringing security into it and humiliating a prospective buyer? Disgraceful.

After all, nothing about Verna pictures to leak on the Net.

Completely off-topic, IMHO the Linea is a better car. Added to that, if the dealer in the neighborhood is an unfriendly type, then it is a factor to consider in choosing the car, so the suggestion to dump Verna and go for Linea in this case is valid.

My suggestion: Just stay away from these guys unless you happen to be a bigshot. Usually it is not the good guy who wins, even if you have all the online support in the world.
remember linea owners bnzjon and geeash? how did they transformed concorde chennai from being worst to being the best despite their bitter experiances earlier? sunrise should have learnt this. And both fiat owners were loyal to concorde inspite of many issues.

Last edited by sidindica : 31st July 2010 at 22:56.
Old 31st July 2010, 22:55   #26
BHPian

Inocent till proven guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Frankly Speaking, unless the 9 cases on you are proved wrong, you have no right to bash them. You abusing and using derogatory language to others is as bad as what has been done to you.

It even states as you driving rash which IMHO , a distinguised bhp-ian would never do.

#epicfail in networking terms.
Dear Abhinav, I have no comments about what transpired between Siddharth and the showroom but under no circumstances can you take the showrooms letter at face value. None of those 9 fables should be accepted as the truth. Siddharth is innocent until proven guilty. I would rather trust siddarth's word than a pressurized hyundai dealer.

I say this with experience of Hyundai in Ernakulam. In my case my father and I shut down all dealings between Hyundai and the Military canteen services in Ernakulam. Thankfully the canteen service officials could not be won over by Hyundai's smooth talk and money power. On August 3rd I will be blowing the cover of TATA here on this forum and the 10 year old consumer case I had with them. Wait for the juicy bits straight from the consumer court if I am permitted to post .pdf file of the court order here. Compared to the antics of Hyundai, Maruti, Skoda and Tata; the brand FIAT before they joined hands with TATA were angels. I used to scoff/curse at minor short comings with FIAT spares before they joined up with TATA but having experienced the other companies mentioned I can only pray that FIAT get out of the alliance with TATA and once again go it alone. Presently am experiencing GM service with my Cruze and let me tell you under the creamy facade they are not as good as the erstwhile FIAT. Thankfully GM has not screwed up my Cruze during the 1st and 2nd service. Inordinate delays during service for doing nothing is the only grouse I have with them as of yet. My car was on the ramp during the second service from 9:30am till 2:15pm just to add 1/2 litre engine oil and 50ml steering fluid. In addition they tightened 2 screws of the rear tray/parcel shelf. I could see my car in the service bay and it was unattended for 4 hours. Good point is that I was not charged anything for either the oils or the service; 1st and 2nd. Thankfully service is infrequent.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 31st July 2010 at 22:56.
Old 31st July 2010, 22:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sid,

My personal opinion, I do agree the car painting was not done properly, and you have made that post already. For what ever car related problems that you faced, you have raised it already that ends there.

What happened today is rather a personal thing between you and the AGM of the Dealership. Dont think you should have used the TBHP to advertise your personal tiff.

Note dealership was mostly run professionally, its not always that an AGM would come down to write such a letter about someone.
My opinion, avoid the dealership, not because they are bad etc. But because you are not personally OK with the dealership.

One point to be noted is that the dealerships do sometimes get tempted to favour a customer and allows them to take personal pics. But once they end up getting posted as scoop, they are bound to get disgruntled, that too personally against this customer.
Old 31st July 2010, 23:00   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
remember linea owners bnzjon and geeash? how did they transformed concorde chennai from being worst to being the best despite their bitter experiances earlier? sunrise should have learnt this. And both fiat owners were loyal to concorde inspite of many issues.
Hmm sorry haven't been following the Linea threads. But have had a few experiences with Concorde and other Tata dealers in Chennai, so yes I can corroborate that - Concorde are better than the other service centers.

In one line, this is analogous to: "You buy an Airtel simcard, call customer care and yell, share the experience in Indian Broadband Forum, and next when you want to buy another Airtel simcard for your wife, Airtel refuses to give you a simcard? What-The-Heck."
Old 31st July 2010, 23:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

1) Service centers visits are mostly not good for those who are technically more inclined. Faced this with Bajaj, Suzuki and Maruti Suzuki. In case of friends, Hyundai, Honda and Tata have given similar treatment to us.

2) Sid, the first mistake you did was not reacting to the shouts of service center manager. You should have reacted in louder voice.

3) Sales person from whom you bought the car is insulting you. Well, insult him back the same way. If you dont react, they feel its their right to insult you.

I would have surely got Physical at this. Its not worth mentioning, but I have fought with Bajaj Service center manager. You have done right thing by posting the incidence and letter here.

4) Sunrise Hyundai claims that you drove roughly. For a moment, just for a moment lets believe you drove roughly. Then how do the general trained mechanics of Sunrise Hyundai drive ? In very smooth manner ?

Most of the service center mechanics drive roughly. I suggest you dont enter premises of Sunrise Hyundai but stay out of gate. As soon as some mechanic comes with customer car, start recording how he drives. This way it will be clear who drives rough.

5) Restricted area. How many restricted area are there in a service center ? One cannot photograph his own car under repair ? Why ? Camera inside service center is very frowned upon in many service centers I have visited. I dont know why. Agreed that the license plate must not be clicked, but what is wrong in taking a picture of engine bay ? Service centers hate even that.

6) Trained mechanics. The way most of them act, behave and speak make me think twice before giving any automobile for service. Trained mechanics cant paint a car properly. Good training then. The poor work done in visible in pictures.

7) OTC parts must be sold. This is a must.

8) Most of the dealers are very well connected. Prevent a fight, but when it boils down to self respect, one has to react. It would be nice if you shoot emails to as many as possible.

At the end of the day I believe that most service centers have not very good attitude and they never accept their fault. Fortunately we have overall good experience with both Maruti dealers in my city.
Old 31st July 2010, 23:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Hi Sid,

My personal opinion, I do agree the car painting was not done properly, and you have made that post already. For what ever car related problems that you faced, you have raised it already that ends there.

What happened today is rather a personal thing between you and the AGM of the Dealership. Dont think you should have used the TBHP to advertise your personal tiff.

The AGM was nowhere in the scene today. It was a normal sales executive from the reception who shouted at me. And it is not advertising my personal tiff. Its the truth that I am telling to you all. What would you do if you were in my place in today's incident?

Note dealership was mostly run professionally, its not always that an AGM would come down to write such a letter about someone.
My opinion, avoid the dealership, not because they are bad etc. But because you are not personally OK with the dealership.

One point to be noted is that the dealerships do sometimes get tempted to favour a customer and allows them to take personal pics. But once they end up getting posted as scoop, they are bound to get disgruntled, that too personally against this customer.
given my reply in bold.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks