Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2010, 22:59   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Blue Hyundai, Bangalore

Hi TBHPians,i want to share my good experiences about the blue hyundai service.I found the service to be very prompt and they listen to your problems and make a point to get it fixed properly.Especially Mr.Mahesh and Mr.Thowseef,the SA's who listened to my problems and made a point to get them solved.They are very frank and dont hide anything or misguide you.Also Mr.Prasad,the store manager clarified all the doubts about the engine oil they were using and other queries related to the parts.A true gentleman.A personal care is given to your car.I found the experience very refreshing from what i had with Advaith with my santro who were very arrogant and shabby.

I bought a i20 CRDi this month from them and after a week had problems with the driver side power window.It made a screeching noise whilst operating.The rear passenger seat also had some fitting problem and made irritating noises while driving.During the first service i mentioned these problems.The seat was fixed but the problem came back.The power window problem was diagnosed to be a faulty motor and since the part was unavailable at the time of service,the SA promised to get the part and call me back.A week later(yesterday) i got the call from them that the parts have arrived and went today and got both the seat and power window fixed.They changed the back rest foam of the seat .The car was handed back problem free.

Kudos to you Blue hyundai and hope you keep up the same quality of work in future too
Old 31st July 2010, 23:06   #2
BHPian

Good to know about this dealership. I am planning to book a i20 for my dad. I guess I will go ahead with this dealer as its closest to home too.
Old 12th August 2011, 12:15   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quality goes down

Update:

Unfortunately,the quality of service has gone down considerably from my previous experiences.Got the service done last month and a small redo this week and the experience was bitter.

During the service,wiper change was mentioned in the Job card.But later next day when i came to know about the high cost of the blades,i called up the SA and asked him not to replace the wipers .The SA acknowledged to it.But to my dismay,the wipers were changed when i went to take the delivery.He said that since you have mentioned in job card it has to be done.But they put all those nonsense engine oil additives,windscreen washer fluids blah blah even if its not mentioned in job card!

I had got the 3M coating done during the first service and had asked the SA to repaint the coating where its scraped off.But they had not done it at all.He was hesitant when i asked him to put the car on ramp during delivery so that i could check the underbody.Finally after much pestering he yielded and to my horror all the scraped places were not coated at all but in Job card ,the job was marked as done!! The SA had the audacity to say that scrapes are not covered under warranty.So i called the 3M person in charge and he said this car was not sent to him at all for coating!!I had to raise my voice to get the coating done in the scraped areas.So much so for the 3M 5 year warranty!

I had also asked them to check the drive shaft boot because i had driven over some really rough roads so that in case of any tear i can replace the boots instead of whole axle.Again the SA arrogantly said the boots will be checked only it there is a problem.I asked him what if the boot is torn and the oil leaks and the whole axle is damaged.To his he replies-"Replace the axle sir".I mean he was least concerned about the car.

Lately my dash plastic in front of gear lever had faded and there were lot of white patches in it along with plastic fading.I asked them to replace it under warranty but they cooly applied polish on it and said its gone.I tried explaining to them thats its just temporary and the patches will come back but they were not ready to listen at all! Then i was asked to check for the patches to reapper and the come back again to get the part replaced under warranty.I was said they would call me the next day to get the plastic issue resolved but no call till now.They think i have all the time in this world to roam to their center to get the work done.Morover since the service center is outside city,there is no proper transportation back into the city!

Previously ,the SA's present there were really good.They were extremely courteous and made sure that my problems were solved on time.I was very happy with them then.But they are all gone now.Think the quality of a service center depends majorly on the SA's present.

Thinking of going back to advaith or trident now.
Old 12th August 2011, 12:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: BLUE HYUNDAI,Bangalore

@Sagar,

Sorry to know that the same Hyundai which you praised a year ago is now showing its true colours. Have you tried writing to the Hyundai management about your latest experience.

I am sure Blue Hyundai must be having the customer feedback form, although not sure whether they do anything on the feedback or send it to Hyundai. But try asking one and feed in your comments.
Old 12th August 2011, 13:09   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Sagar,

Sorry to know that the same Hyundai which you praised a year ago is now showing its true colours. Have you tried writing to the Hyundai management about your latest experience.

I am sure Blue Hyundai must be having the customer feedback form, although not sure whether they do anything on the feedback or send it to Hyundai. But try asking one and feed in your comments.

Yes ghodlur,i was very satisifed with the same hyundai a year ago.Ya i have given the customer feedback form eveytime i go for delivery.The SA asks good rating even if i am not satisfied with the work.And although i have given lesser rating on the feedback form ,there hasent been any reciprocating action from their end.
Old 24th August 2011, 21:04   #6
BHPian

Got my car a routine service from Blue hyundai today and it was a pleasure dealing with them, the Mr.Shoaib the service adviser had a thorough knowledge and explained me about the repair carried out in detail. Unlike trident or advaith, people at Blue hyundai did not treat me like i was a noob and the SA explained me everything in a layman's term.

I suggest that you people deal with Shoaib the next time you visit blue hyundai for a service.
Old 24th August 2011, 23:01   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Got my car a routine service from Blue hyundai today and it was a pleasure dealing with them, the Mr.Shoaib the service adviser had a thorough knowledge and explained me about the repair carried out in detail. Unlike trident or advaith, people at Blue hyundai did not treat me like i was a noob and the SA explained me everything in a layman's term.

I suggest that you people deal with Shoaib the next time you visit blue hyundai for a service.

Good to know that you had a pleasant experience with them.Ya,i should ask Mr.Shoiab to handle my car from next time.Thanks for the heads up.The SA's i dealt with during third service and a repeat visit were pathetic.One was very very arrogant and the other was overly buttery in his talks and i could make out he was bluffing most of the time.They thought i didn't know anything about cars, don't want to mention their names here.

OT- Can u tell the cost breakup of service for your santro at Blue hyundai?

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 24th August 2011 at 23:03.
Old 25th August 2011, 19:23   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Good to know that you had a pleasant experience with them.Ya,i should ask Mr.Shoiab to handle my car from next time.Thanks for the heads up.The SA's i dealt with during third service and a repeat visit were pathetic.One was very very arrogant and the other was overly buttery in his talks and i could make out he was bluffing most of the time.They thought i didn't know anything about cars, don't want to mention their names here.

OT- Can u tell the cost breakup of service for your santro at Blue hyundai?
General paid service for oil change, oil filer, air filter etc was 3100Rs + taxes and consumables.Say roughly 3500 Rs. And I think this is standard across all Hyundai service.

I had to pay extra for a damaged speedo meter cable(680rs), 4 spark plugs(250Rs), wheel balancing, alignment, rotation(600rs) and 3M interior cleaning(1170Rs).

Total bill came upto 6150 Rs,

I could have given you a detailed break up but i misplaced the bill last night :(
akshay_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 16:48   #9
BHPian

BLUE HYUNDAI, Mysore Road, Bangalore

Recently, one of my relatives purchased an i10 from Blue Hyundai. Our experience summary:

Friday 09-Sep-2011 Morning
*) Arrived at Blue Hyundai and asked for i10 Test Drive.
*) Test drive car ready and TD commenced within 10 mins. Maintenance of TD Car seemed somewhat ok (score 6/10). Thanks to a Maruti dealership for having provided a horrible TD Ritz (score 2/10) just a few mins prior to our i10 TD.. everybody instantly concluded to buy i10.
*) Freebies offered by Dealer -> Central Locking, Teflon Coating, SRS brand Sunfilm (3M was available, but they said it cannot be offered free).
*) We refused Teflon coating and Sunfilm. After bargaining, we settled for Reverse Parking sensor kit, Leather grip for steering wheel, Fabric seat covers.
*) When I asked about manufactured date .. their reply "Sir, all cars we give now are all 2011 manufactured only. We don't have anything left from 2010."! I clarified that I was looking for a September 2011 piece. She denied saying everything in her stock is from Aug 2011. Consulting their stock list they promised to deliver an August manufactured car in the colour that we opted.
*) We booked the car and informed that we will get insurance from outside if the difference is significant. Before leaving, we arranged for a Pre-regn inspection and remaining payment to happen on Sunday morning.

Sunday 11-Sep-2011 Morning
*) Before leaving home we called the Sales Consultant to confirm the appointment and found that she won't be in but an alternate person has been arranged to attend to us and is aware of the proceedings so far.
*) At the dealership, we were shown the car in a poorly lit basement (they did switch on the lights.. yet it wasn't enough to do a PDI).
*) Noticed that the Car exteriors were not satisfactorily clean. Found some grease marks on bonnet and door rims.
*) When i asked them to unlock the car to inspect interiors they mentioned that all keys are with a certain group and nobody from that team works on a Sunday ! Furious and disappointed, we fixed another appointment for Monday for PDI.

Monday 12-Sep-2011 Morning
*) Sales consultant greeted us and took us to the car without even a hint of apology for causing a futile visit yesterday.
*) The grease marks had been removed and the car looked clean.
*) Inside the car, first thing i notice "New car smell is missing" !
*) Checked the VIN.. its a July 2011 car !!
*) I was disappointed that they lied to us inspite of explicitely being told to get us as fresh car as possible.
*) My relative didn't seem to mind the difference between buying a July Car Vs an August Car.. so he gave a go ahead to buy.

Further turn of events were even more shocking ..
*) Dealership insisted inside insurance even though the difference was 4K. After 30 mins of *discussion* with SCon and Manager.. they still insisted on inside insurance and offered to bring down the difference amount to 1K
*) My brain tried to decipher the deal: A 2.5 months old car. Been used as a Display vehicle for many weeks. Very few freebies. No cash discount. No free insurance (rather, they are charging 1K more than market price). Bad dealership experiences so far..... is this deal worth getting into !? the answer seemed to be a clear NO.
*) Advised my relative to walk out.. and start afresh in another Hyundai dealership. However, owing to time constraints and other dependencies, he decided to go ahead with the purchase.

Wednesday 13-Sep-2011 -- Registration Day.
*) Sales Consultant phoned after the registration was completed. Yet again, my relative was disappointed that they didn't call him prior to registration to check if he needed any special numbers. (Earlier they had said that the person going to RTO would call from RTO to check if any special numbers are required)

Thursday 14-Sep-2011 -- Delivery day.
*) I wasn't available. My relative asked if the dealership can arrange for a driver .. they agreed. Then they phoned to inform that they cannot send driver if the owner visits the showroom to take delivery. (i.e., its either a home-delivery or a dealership-delivery.. no mix-n-match. Seemed fair enough in my book... but my relative felt disappointed.)
*) The quality of fabric seat cover was very ordinary.. not worth all that bargaining effort.
*) The colour provided was same as car interiors (beige) even though we had explicitely asked for dark coloured ones.
*) Reverse parking kit was very basic with only the beeper. I thought they would provide a decent one with some kind of visual aid as they claimed the price of that freebie to be 4K.
*) Leather steering grip -- product seemed ok but I felt the workmanship not very pleasing.

PS: On day 1, on our way to the dealership .. we found that two cars ahead of us were involved in a road-rage incident with a lot of bad-mouthing and finger pointing. Just as we were parking at the dealership.. we noticed that one of cars involved in road-rage incident was in fact being driven by a uniformed Blue Hyundai Technician. If it was some customer's car (very likely as it was a higher end sedan).. and if that is how they would behave in a customer's car.. then i would never want my car serviced there.

Conclusion:
Our buying experience was far from being pleasant. I DO NOT recommend Blue Hyundai dealership on Mysore road. (as of September 2011)
Old 8th January 2012, 13:09   #10
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blue Hyundai, Bangalore

Yesterday I got my i10 serviced from Blue Hyundai Koramangala.

I have mixed feelings after the servicing.

Plus points
+ SA seemed knowledgeable and was polite and patient
+ SA did not try to push add-ons like additives etc
+ I am satisfied with the mechanical part of the servicing

Minus points
- I had specifically told the SA to make sure that the beige interiors are not spoilt by the greasy hands of mechanics. But he didn't take care of this point. There were grease marks on seat covers, dashboard and door panels.
- Billing computers were not working when I went to collect the car. I did not get the printed bill, it would be sent later.
- When I booked an appointment for service, I was informed that it should not take more than 4 hours for a routine service. But they actually took 8 hours, even though mine was the first car to enter the service centre.

Rohan
Old 28th January 2012, 20:12   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

I honestly feel like after visiting them for the first paid service!

I had mentioned around 10 problems in the Job card.5 of them were totally unattended!

Washing was pathetic with grease marks on the paint work.I dunno if they messed it up after washing.Had to get a rewash.

Had asked them to top up the coolant since it was near the Low mark.Told them the level increases once the engine is hot so check when its cold and top up. They didnt bother and insisted the level is proper by seeing the level at High mark once the car was warmed up after a test drive

3M interior cleaning is a robbery here. I had asked for interior cleaning but they had not even done it when i went for delivery. This after leaving the car for more than a day.
They started cleaning once i reached there.And the interior cleaning was pathetic.Attention to detail is *NILL*.They just want to finish the work and pocket 1200 bucks.There were still some marks left in the door panels even after cleaning. I had to supervise them while cleaning and point the dirty areas.When pointed to that the inside of the glove box was dirty the 3M guy got irritated and said they wont do glove box.I snapped back saying glovebox comes under interior part! I strongly suggest people to go to the dedicated detailing shops for 3M and get the cleaning done there instead of the crappy stuff here! Save your money

And the bad part is they finished the whole cleaning within 20 mins! You can imagine how the quality will be.The interior part of the glasses were not cleaned.

I had to run around the peronnel to get the things done.No SA even bothered to attend to me and get the problems rectified. I was the SA of my car for 4 hours *bangs head*

Go here only if you are ready to do a lot of follow up to get the problems rectified.They skip the complicated problems and do all easy ones .And being outside city i have to spend 200 bucks for a return trip in an Auto ! I seriously dont think i will give them my car again!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 29th January 2012 at 01:38. Reason: Post edited: Smilie usage is restricted to '2' per post. Please read the Announcements before proceeding. Thanks :)
Old 29th January 2012, 01:13   #12
BHPian

Someone said that the quality of Service depends on the SA one is dealing with; true. But let me share my experience.

We bought a Hyundai I20 from one of the dealers in Mumbai (suburbs); and were planning to get the 2nd service done. I did face a lot of problem in getting a booking, as all the service centres said that they are not willing to service car's from that dealer (from whom I had bought the car) as the dealer defaults on the payments regularly. But I did manage to convince the service centre owner! Now comes the third service. I faced the same issue with 3 Hyundai service centres, and infac one of them said that they have no booking for 1 Month. Which was utter rubbish. So I took the matter with HYundai management and sent out a strong email! My wife got a call from one person, and was quite arrogant while speaking with her and insisted that I visit the service centre, other than his, and asked her to give a call! I took the matter in my hands and called him up! He was even more arrogant the moment he came to know that it is me and he didnt allow me to speak at all! I also told him, that dude, you seem to be very inflexible and he raised his voice and conitnued talking. After a couple of seconds, he hung up the call calling me a "Stupid Idiot". It left my blood boiling and I was determined to have that guy taken to the task!
I called up Hyundai, Western region, and threatened to take legal action as it was a case of dishonour, mental torture, cheating of customers in a way of concealment of truthful information from the customer. After a couple of transfer of my calls, back and forth, I managed to speak to an "Engineer" and no senior person was ready to come and talk! Mr. Engineer tried to resolve the matter in a shabby way and said that everything has been taken care of and I can get my car serviced! But he did not mention whether the dealership person was apologetic. I smelt somethign is fishy, so wanted a conference call with everyone!
Later, I got a call from a young chap, who claimed to be that person's senior (who had earlier called me a stupid idiot) and apologised and siad that it will never happen again ever! The person who had dishonoured me was the GM of a dealer in Mumbai western Suburbs! I even received an apology email from that chap, but he did not mention the incident, but just an apology in general. I have asked his "senior" to have a conference call with that joker GM of the dealership. I shall update you guys soon! I have chosen not to disclose names as the person who called to aplogise seemed to be genuine! So may be I forgive that joker! But will update you once I speak with him over conference!

I really felt cheated, insulted on the thought that I had invested Rs. 6 Lakhs on a car, where the people who sold it have a care a darn attitude. The car is fantastic, but the people who are supposed to be the back bone, have a very arrogant attitude toward thier customers. May be the soaring sales are the culprit. Again, this is my personal view and opinion, I am sure that there are great guys, visionaries, revolutionaries out there at Hyundai and it's dealerships.

Last edited by karan1609 : 29th January 2012 at 01:16. Reason: Added more comments
Old 29th January 2012, 12:09   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan1609
Someone said that the quality of Service depends on the SA one is dealing with; true. But let me share my experience.
Well even I believed that mantra .I gave my car to one of the best SA in the dealership. But still the experience turned sour .

But I would not put the blame entirely on the SA . Its the dealership that plays the major role . The way the customers are handled. In my case no SA one came to attend me during the entire time I was at the dealership. At some point the customer relation person intervened. And work started on the car. Offering tea or coffee when a customer comes does not matter. Its the quality of work done on the car that matters at the end of the day. Period
Old 15th September 2012, 19:39   #14
Senior - BHPian

I got my i10 serviced from Blue Hyundai Koramangala. Had a very average experience.

Plus points:
1. I am satisfied with the mechanical part of the service.
2. Car was ready at 3 pm. (Other service centres don't give before 5 pm)
3. This service centre is located at walking distance from my residence.

Minus points:
1. SA tried to push items like engine oil additive and engine flush. I refused because my car has done < 20k kms.
2. The mechanics at this service centre are very negligent about the interiors of the vehicle. They always leave grease marks on the beige interiors and seats, which we have to point out and get cleaned.
3. There is no concept of feedback. There are no follow up calls for customer feedback. The feedback form is not given to customer, I'm sure they fill it up themselves with full marks.

Rohan
Old 15th September 2012, 20:52   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I got my i10 serviced from Blue Hyundai Koramangala. Had a very average experience.

Plus points:
1. I am satisfied with the mechanical part of the service.
2. Car was ready at 3 pm. (Other service centres don't give before 5 pm)
3. This service centre is located at walking distance from my residence.

Minus points:
1. SA tried to push items like engine oil additive and engine flush. I refused because my car has done < 20k kms.
2. The mechanics at this service centre are very negligent about the interiors of the vehicle. They always leave grease marks on the beige interiors and seats, which we have to point out and get cleaned.
3. There is no concept of feedback. There are no follow up calls for customer feedback. The feedback form is not given to customer, I'm sure they fill it up themselves with full marks.

Rohan
I have always had a pathetic experience at their Mysore road workshop except for the first two free services. These fellows are complete nincompoops.Their customer relationship officer is a joke who does not have any know how about how to handle issues.And on top of that the way they make you wait when you go to deliver the car for service or get it back from service is simply unacceptable. Once i had to wait for 1 hour for someone to prepare a job sheet even after taking appointment.

As usual they try to inflate the bill by adding unwanted stuff. The look on the SA's face when i rejected all the additives was priceless .And finally when he could not pull of anything , he called me up after a couple of hours
SA-"Saar, front brake pads need to be replaced".
Me- "Boss, its been just 10K since i have changed ,how can it go bad so soon?"
SA- He replied-"Saar, your car is diesel and has ABS so disk pads will come only 10K."
Me-"How longer will the existing pads go?"
SA-"1K"
Me-"Dont want"
Him-"OK"

Again after one hour

SA-"You need to replace the discs"
Me-Y?
SA-"Its gone sir, it will break if you drive at high speeds.Sounding desperate".
Me-"Smiling, Ok let it break. Dont replace"

The bill of paid service excluding oil came to 2K . These fellows go to all extent to inflate the bill. I have seen a poor santro which had run only 20K with a bill of nearly 10K for a paid service. The SA had included items left right and center!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks