Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2013, 14:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Experience with Tata Motors Ltd Dealers and Service Centers.

Just now I had shot the below email to Suraj Bijahalli CSM, Soumitra Chakraborty RCCM, Chairman's Office, Customer Care TML and marking CC to md@tatamotors.com and md@tata.com (I did not know the exact email address of Karl Sym so I shot an arrow in dark)--
Quote:
Dear Sir/Madam,
Yesterday I had sent our Tata Indigo XL Grand Dicor MH-13 AC-9798 through our office employee Mr. Gaddeppa to Achal Automobiles Pvt .Ltd. to diagnose the reason behind the Check Engine Light coming On. I had told Mr. Gaddeppa to get the Laptop connected to the car and check for the reason behind the Check Engine Light Glowing and get the Error Cleared from ECU and bring back the car. He took the car to Achal Automobiles and met Mr. Kuldeep, the Works Manager and told him what I had asked him to do.
On this Mr. Kuldeep replied “Your Sir had sent a Long and Wide Letter to Tata Motors Ltd stating that he does not get Competitive After Sales Service from Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd. Solapur. Then why has he sent the car back to Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd. for diagnosis of Check Engine Light? Now go and tell your Sir that unless we get instructions from Tata Motors Ltd to take his car for repairs we will not even touch his car leave alone providing the service. Tell your Sir to again write an email to Tata Motors Ltd stating that Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd Solapur should attend his car”.
Please see the Attitude (with a Big CAPITAL “A”) of the Works Manager at Achal Automobiles Pvt .Ltd.
Such kind of Attitude and Arrogant Behaviour of Works Manager can be expected only from Tata Motors Ltd. Authorised Service Centre/Dealer.
Regards,
Sudeep Dantkale
In fact such kind of behaviours are Cementing my Decision of Turning my back to Tata Motors Ltd vehicles and buying another Brand's vehicle-- Mahindra since I have no problem with our Xylo E8 ABS which is going strong even after 1,65,000+kms in 38 months or Maruti.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 16:31   #32
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Mahindra since I have no problem with our Xylo E8 ABS which is going strong even after 1,65,000+kms in 38 months or Maruti.

That is a quite milage on a Xylo, Can you please elaborate on Service costs, cost of spares, behavior of xylo at high speeds
Old 19th January 2013, 21:21   #33
Senior - BHPian

Update on the previous post--
Today I got a call from Mr. Suraj Bijahalli, CSM, TML.
Our Conversation--
CSM- Hello, Mr. Sudeep Dantkale?
Me- Yes.
CSM- I am Suraj from Tata Motors.
Me- Yes tell me. I know you.
CSM- You have some problem with your vehicle- The Check Engine Light is glowing.
Me- Yes.
CSM- Is it continuously remain ON?
Me- No it comes ON intermittently. As I have mentioned in the email that I have sent the car to Achal Automobiles Pvt. Ltd, Solapur through our employee, but the Works Manager told him that unless he get instructions from Tata Motors Ltd to carry out repairs on the car he will not even touch the car.
CSM- Don't worry. We are going to take Strict Action (? and ) against Achal Automobiles, Solapur. Currently I cannot tell you what type of action we are going to take against them. Where are you currently? In Solapur or outside?
Me- I am in Solapur.
CSM- Can you take the car to Sterling Motors, Solapur? I have informed there about your issue. They will connect the laptop to your car and delete the error and give back the car.
Me- I need the car today. If I get the time I will send the car today or on Monday (21-01-2013).
CSM- Ok. No problem. You can take the car on Monday. Just give me a call or sms before taking the car to Sterling Motors, Solapur.
Me- Ok.

@ rkg..
Regarding Service Costs-
Currently I carry the Service (Replacing all fluids and minor spare parts) at FNG. That way the job gets done in less time as well as money.
Regarding Spare Costs-
I feel the cost of spares are not heavy on pocket.
Regarding behaviour at high speeds-
I don't push the car to its limits while cornering. I keep speeds @ 60-80kph depending on the turns. As far as straight line stability is concerned, the car remains stable even at speeds of 130-140kph. The passengers inside don't come to know about the speeds (>130kph) unless the Overspeed buzzer (set by Mahindra & Mahindra) gets awakened.
Old 22nd January 2013, 19:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

Update..
Yesterday I took the car to Sterling Motors, Solapur at 4 pm.
The Works Manager connected the Scanner to the car and scanned for the error codes.
I did not note down the errors but remember some of them--
1) P0113 Air Temp Sensor Fault.
2) ......
3) P0380 Glow Plug driver fault.
4).....
5) Glow Plug driver fault.

I told him just erase the error codes and give the car back.
Again in the evening at 11pm, the Check Engine came On.

If I had given the car for rectification of the errors, the TASC had given me a Good Estimate for replacement of parts.

I will use the car as long as possible. Lets see what is hidden in the future.
Old 24th January 2013, 21:44   #35
Senior - BHPian

Today received a call from Mr. Suraj Bijjahalli, CSM, Kolhapur in the evening. Some of our Conversation (Will skip the introduction part)--
CSM- Sir, did you take the car to Sterling Motors, Solapur last Monday?
Me- Yes. And I got the car scanned for Error Codes and got them deleted.
CSM- Has the Check Engine Light problem resolved?
Me- When the error codes were deleted, the CEL did not glow in the TASC. But in the late night the CEL came on again.
CSM- In that case, I would request you to take the car to Sterling Motors to get the car rectified. I would make arrangement to get the car rectified as early as possible.
Me- Now I have lost faith in TASC. As I have already mentioned in the email that the attitude of Works Manager, Kuldeep at Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd, Solapur turned me down.. You did not take any action on this.
CSM-We are going to take strict action against Achal Autmobiles.
Me- And yes, again I would face the same problem of lack of spares for Indigo XL Dicor since most of the TASC/TAMD don't stock the spares of Indigo XL Dicor. This will result in standing our car idle in the TASC for months. Also if I have to keep the car at the TASC for months, how should I travel? By autorickshaw? In fact I have decided to sell off the car.
CSM- No Sir, Your car will be diagnosed and if any spares are required, the car will be delivered to you until the spares arrive at TASC and then the same will be replaced at TASC and the car will be given back to you.
Me- I will use the car as it is (I ended call).

After the call, I received an email from Mr. Suraj Bijjahalli as below-
Quote:
Dear Mr Dantakale,
As discussed today over telephone, vehicle was attended on 21/1/2013 and the check engine light problem was resolved, but was not investigated further as you asked only to erase the error code. However, as informed by you, the check engine light problem has reappeared. As I have informed you, we would need to investigate further to pinpoint any problem in the vehicle, and we can line up with Sterling to Investigate as per your convenience.

Would request you to intimate me and visit the workshop, and we will do the necessary investigation and repair.

Thank you for your patience.feel free to contact anytime

Thanks and Regards,

Suraj Bijjahalli

CSM, Kolhapur
Is this the effect of marking the previous email to MD of TML?

EDIT: -
I wanted to tell him that Sterling Motors, Solapur and Achal Acutomobiles Pvt Ltd, Solapur have fleeced me already.
I have sent the links of this thread and the Engine Overheating Issues thread to md@tatamotors.com and md@tata.com.

Also I have sent the email as below to CSM marking CC to MD, Chairman, RCCM, Customer Care
Quote:
Dear Sir,

I have already mentioned that there will be no outcome of this. There is no point in giving the car at TASC/TAMD for rectification. I have very Good Experience of Sterling Motors, Solapur and Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd, Solapur fleecing the Customers.

I will use the car as it is.

Please feel free to visit the below links-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-centers.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2911468

And its not only Sterling Motors, Solapur and Achal Autmobiles Pvt Ltd, Solapur, but also Pandit Automotives, Tilak Road, Pune who fleece the customers. Pandit Automotives, Pune does not undertake FREE Service of any Car since they don't get any Money from that Service. And the Appointment for Paid Service will take generations at Pandit Automotive, Tilak Road, Pune.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 24th January 2013 at 22:14. Reason: As mentioned above.
Old 26th January 2013, 20:54   #36
Senior - BHPian

Such issues are not rare rather common to all TASS. Even if you get the top management to respond the local guys foul up the things and then the seniors also try to pass the buck. Do you know TATA has a POLICY of putting in RECON injectors under warranty repairs or good will repairs. Can you believe any other manufacturer putting in an inferior product/ recon just to save the cost to the company. I have it in writing which when I passed onto the TATA higher management, they simply refused to comment saying that there are no such policy statement and I should resolve it with the local office. How funny is that?
wanderernomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 18:42   #37
Senior - BHPian

If the car is driven over 80-90Kph, the Coolant level is drops.
In Nov 2012, Achal Automobiles had diagnosed that Coolant leaks from Oil Cooler and the latter has to replaced to Owner's Cost.
My Experience with Tata Motors Ltd Dealers and Service Centers.-achal-12.11.12.jpg
I turned Deaf Ear to them and currently driving @<=80Kph. No problem now.
My Experience with Tata Motors Ltd Dealers and Service Centers.-achal-8.12.12.jpg
Also on 8th Dec 2012, I got the Alternator Belt replaced at Achal Automobiles and that too after buying the Alternator Belt from a Local Shop (Common Issue- Spares not available at TASC).

And yes, did I mention that again I replaced the Alternator Belt with a Smaller Size (You read it Correct) 5PK730 instead of 5PK740 at a FNG since the Belt was squeaking every now and then even though it is adjusted correctly.

Regarding the CEL, I checked using the scanner at FNG on 09-02-2013 (Pic Attached).
My Experience with Tata Motors Ltd Dealers and Service Centers.-ask-motors.jpg

That FNG advised me to take the car to some other Electrician (Munir Bhai) known to them since they were not expert in EGR related thing. Munir Bhai checked and told to replace the Vacuum Modulator since one of the Pipe was stuck with MSEAL. See Pic below--
My Experience with Tata Motors Ltd Dealers and Service Centers.-dsc_0008.jpg
There was another plastic pipe coming from the point shown with Red Arrow parallel to the pipe shown with Green Arrow. That Pipe (which cannot be seen here) was stuck for SHOW Purpose with Mseal which was giving out CEL. I bought the Vacuum Modulator from Aadish Agencies (who stocks most of the Spares required for Tata-Fiat vehicles) and got it replaced at Munir Bhai. WITH MY OWN MONEY SINCE I DON'T HAVE EVIDENCE TO PROVE THAT ACHAL AUtOMOBILES BROKE THE VACUUM MODULATOR AND STUCK IT WITH MSEAL.
My Experience with Tata Motors Ltd Dealers and Service Centers.-dsc_0009.jpg
My Experience with Tata Motors Ltd Dealers and Service Centers.-dsc_0010.jpg
My Experience with Tata Motors Ltd Dealers and Service Centers.-dsc_0011.jpg
Material Cost-Rs.3435/-
My Experience with Tata Motors Ltd Dealers and Service Centers.-aadish11.02.13.jpg
Labour Cost Rs.140/-

Currently, there is no problem with Coolant Dropping Issue if the car is driven sedately at speeds <=80kph and that's with AC ON.

EDIT: -
Just now I shot an email to 1) Suraj Bijjahalli,CSM, Kolhapur, marking CC to 1) MD, Tata 2) MD, Tata Motors, 3) Soumitra Chakraborty, RCCM, 4)Chairman, Tata, 5) Customer Care--
Dear Sir,
Pl. refer your reply dtd. 19-01-2013 in which you had assured me of taking Strict Action against Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd, Solapur.
Please let me know what Strict Action has been taken against Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd, Solapur immediately since two months have passed but I did not receive any feedback from your side in this matter.

Please feel free to visit following links that boast of Praiseworthy Performance of TAMD/TASC that deserves to be loudly applauded : -

Engine Overheating Issue

Now I will use the car as long as I can. Then I will buy Non-Tata Vehicle.

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd April 2013 at 03:09. Reason: Link fixed.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 17:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

More Update on above post--
I had used STP Engine Degreaser to clean the Engine Surface.
At that time, I noticed that the Coolant Return Pipe that goes from Engine to Aux Tank, is the culprit behind Coolant Leakage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi
In Nov 2012, Achal Automobiles had diagnosed that Coolant leaks from Oil Cooler and the latter has to be replaced at Owner's Cost.
I tried to source a new pipe but could not find one. So had to cut the front 2 inches of the pipe at the end that fits to engine behind Air Filter and fitted back the old pipe. Drove for more than 400kms on highway at speeds of @90-110kph but no coolant leakage from that place till date. And the Coolant Level does not drop. Touch Wood.
Pics are attached as below--
My Experience with Tata Motors Ltd Dealers and Service Centers.-dsc_0055.jpg

My Experience with Tata Motors Ltd Dealers and Service Centers.-dsc_0057.jpg

For more details, Please refer below link as well--
Indigo XL Overheating Problem
Old 21st May 2013, 13:32   #39
Senior - BHPian

Forgot to add the following in above post--

Thank You God, I did not replace the Inter-cooler (Oil Cooler) on the suggestion of TASS, Achal Automobiles, Solapur when I reported them this coolant leakage problem.
I might have lost @500/- for coolant top-ups till I carried out the above Troubleshooting myself. But that is better than spending Rs.5000-6000/- for Intercooler even when new one was not needed.

EDIT:-
I kept topping-up the coolant level with Water+ Coolant as and when needed and drove the car at the speeds <=80kph till the above "Repairs" were carried out.

As I mentioned in above post, that after cutting the pipe and refitting the same, now driving at speeds of >90-110kph did not lead to drop in coolant level.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 21st May 2013 at 13:38. Reason: As above
Old 21st May 2013, 21:33   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I might have lost @500/- for coolant top-ups till I carried out the above Troubleshooting myself. But that is better than spending Rs.5000-6000/- for Intercooler even when new one was not needed.
Your entire episode reminds me of times when I had my Tata safari. Nice vehicle indeed but after every service at Tata's own subsidiary - Concorde motors, a new issue will pop up. Check engine light would come up and instead of doing a root cause analysis all they would do is reset the error codes and return me back. And once when I got a call from tata HQ from pune after one of the regular service for service feedback, I told them that I wasn't satisfied and told them the kind of resolutions provided by the ASC. 5 minutes later the service advisor who had attended to my vehicle calls me up and says how dare i give a bad feedback for their service and then in a threatening tone says " Next time also you will have to bring your safari for service here only right..lets see then"

I was shocked and felt disgusted. Sold off the safari after some time and vowed never to buy a Tata product again. The name is synonymous .Tata indeed.

Last edited by Alter_Ego : 21st May 2013 at 21:34.
Alter_Ego is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2013, 14:53   #41
Senior - BHPian

Haha and I wonder if TATA management doesnot take note of these issues. Even I had brought to their notice through a Director of TATA, no less, the issue where the service advisors/ outside vendors are hand in glove in fleecing people with wrong diagnosis. The effect, TATA went ahead and recruited the outside person as a CSM, irony indeed.
Old 28th May 2013, 09:14   #42
Senior - BHPian

My Experience with Tata Motors Ltd Dealers and Service Centers.

1) On Saturday 25-5-13, I called Hundekari Motors, Ahmednagar and suggested the Spare Parts Manager Mr. Dilip (don't remember surname) to send the Rear Right SA for Indigo XL by ST-Parcel on Monday. I requested him to email me the Bank details of Hundekari Motors so that I can deposit Cash against the payment of SA. As it was quarter to six in evening, he promised me to email the Bank details on Monday 27-5-13 at 10 am.
Yesterday when I checked the email at 11 am, he had not sent the Bank details yet. So I called and reminded him to email the bank details or at least sms me the Bank details so that I can deposit the payment immediately and the SA can be dispatched immediately by ST-Parcel.
But till the time of posting this, I have not received any email from Mr. Dilip of Hundekari Motors, Ahmednagar.

2)Yesterday I had gone to Karad for some office work. At @4 pm I called to TASC NP Motors on Karad-Kolhapur Road and asked if they had Indigo XL Dicor LWB Rear Right SA to which the Spares Parts Person (SPP) replied that they had it but fitted to another car just before I called and a new one would be available on Wednesday 29-5-13. Then I asked them if it is possible for them to send the Shock Absorber to Solapur by ST-Parcel if I made Cash Payment yesterday (27-5-13) to which the SPP replied they don't do Counter-Sale. I told him that Pandit Automotive, Pune and likes do Sale the Parts over Counter to which the SPP replied They (Pandit Auto, Pune) are Dealers and can perform Counter-Sale but as NP Motors, Karad is TASC, they don't have rights to do Counter-Sale and I have to get the SA fitted from them (NP Motors) only.

Mods, I have posted the above in Tata Motors Spare Parts Pricelist as well.
Please don't delete either of them since I have intentionally posted them. Thanks.
Old 13th April 2014, 15:25   #43
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors Authorised Dealer Hem Motors,Satara sold me Old Rear Right Shock Absorber

First I want to make clear that the Rear Left Shock Absorber was already bought from Pandit Automotives, Pune in May 2013 which was Genuinely New.

Here goes another experience of Tata Motors Authorised Dealer "Hem Motors, Satara"-
I had bought the Rear Right Shock Absorber for our Indigo XL Dicor from Hem Motors, Satara on 05-2-2014. While buying I noticed that it did not have outer packing. Also the lower part of damper (where the Part No. is written) had some stickiness and the Part Name sticker was looking old.
On enquiring about this, the Store-keeper replied "The Outer Packing got torn. The stickiness on lower part of damper and sticker looking old might be due to the shock absorer getting rubbed against other parts in store".
Here I made a mistake of believing him.

As I wanted to replace both the Rear Shock Absorbers since they were too weak and making noise, I bought the RR Shock Absorber from Hem Motors, Satara. They did not give me computerised bill stating that Counter-Sale Part does not come with Computerised Bill. I took the SA and Hand Written Bill (see below) and returned to Solapur.
My Experience with Tata Motors Ltd Dealers and Service Centers.-hem-motors-satara.jpg
I was not getting time to take the car to FNG due to work load.
On 11-2-2014, I got the shock absorbers replaced at FNG and took the car for alignment. While alignment was being carried out on rear wheels, I noticed that the camber of rear right wheel was negative (Shock Absorber bought from Hem Motors, Satara) whereas the camber of rear left was positive (Shock Absorber bought from Pandit Automotives, Pune).
I know Camber of Rear Wheels cannot be adjusted. But as the Camber was negative, that means the rear right shock absorber purchased from Hem Motors, Satara was weak in first place.
When I took the car for a test drive after alignment, I noticed that the noise from Rear Left had disappeared but it still persisted from Rear Right. It is evident from this that Hem Motors, Satara had sold me an old worn out Rear Right shock absorber.

When I complained to the Tata Motors Customer Support, I got a call from Hem Motors.
Some of the lines of conversation between us-
HMS- Why did you take the Shock Absorber with you instead of getting it fitted here?

I- I had Rear Left one at my home in Solapur. If I got the Right one fitted here, I would have to pay for Alignment here and also at Solapur after getting the left one fitted there. So I took the Rear Right one along with me thinking of getting both fitted at Solapur and getting alignment done only once.

HMS- How did you come to know that the shock absorber sold by us is old and weak?

I- When alignment was being carried out on rear wheels, the camber of rear right was negative whereas camber of rear left was positive.

HMS- What is guarantee that you have fitted the Rear Right Shock Absorber bought from us to your vehicle? You might be telling a lie. I would have agreed that the shock absorber sold by us was old if you had got it fitted and alignment done at our place itself.

I have sent a copy of my mails to cpmistry@tata.com but no reply.
I learnt a lesson by paying a fee of Rs.5458/-.
So I request to you BE ALERT while buying parts or getting your car serviced at Hem Motors, Satara.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 13th April 2014 at 15:37.
Old 13th April 2014, 15:55   #44
BHPian

Don't you think Rs.5458 is a bit too much for a single shock absorber ?
Just for comparison:My Innova's rear shocks come for Rs.3000 including bushes.
Kindly check with other dealers too.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 14th April 2014, 08:20   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545
Don't you think Rs.5458 is a bit too much for a single shock absorber ?
Kindly check with other dealers too.
The left one I had bought from Pandit Automotives, Pune in May 2013 cost me Rs. 5198/- (MRP on the box).
It includes Damper as well as Coil Spring.
Also the Rear Shock Absorbers of Indigo and Indigo XL are different as the latter needs LWB (Long Wheel Base) type of Shock Absorbers.
And I had opted for Gas Charged ones.

Most Viewed