Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2010, 07:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Adding 5 lakhs more to the budget of a Innova,I can get a Pete's dabba, change the tyres and shocks and get a ICE worth 1 lakh on the Innova, but still the Fortuner would cost more !
I think you summed it up yourself very nicely. Go for the Innova and spice it up, particularly since your parents comfort is involved too.

The only thing is I do not know is how the GC can be raised by a couple of inches to accomodate your offroading needs. I guess this vehicle cannot be used much for offroading anyway, on account of the lower suspension travel and therefore lower grip on the uneven crater like / soft surfaces so typical to offroading. All the best
Old 3rd September 2010, 11:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

I think an Inova or a Xylo should be sufficient for bad roads. After all most taxiwallas use Inova in the hills.

Another alternative can the 4x4 Xylo, when it comes.

Regarding Pajero, Delhi dealer claims that a BS-IV version is due in a couple of months along with the Pajero Sport.
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:34   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Where parents and their comfort are involved - you should look straight at the Innova top end V version. Lovely comfy seats, plenty of luggage room, leg room and so on.
The Innova scores in every way possible and given the rock solid reliability and reputation and reasonable pricing, you can spend some extra bucks on jazzing it up both inside and outside - upsized tyres, good alloys, some useful toys inside etc etc.
The ONLY drawback is that it is not an SUV - but an MUV. And is not the vehicle for any serious off road work. Max it can and should be used for is the normal indian pot-holed bad roads. Dont try mud riding or slush or wading through water etc - not worth it.
Else, it is a foregone choice.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 3rd September 2010 at 13:36.

Most Viewed