Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2010, 15:16   #16
BHPian

Sorry to say that "Welcome to the club". With MPL ford service you need to dedicate half a day to be present there, oversee things, check and check again many times that your complaints are attended to, take a test drive, complete the billing formalities, ensure your car is still clean after the final touch up clearning etc.

The service center is so small and and ill equipped to handle volume. Quality is just written on the walls and never once you can 100% experience. It helps if you build rapport with any service advisor. But for that to happen they must stick to their job for sometime which is not quite common.

I have got used to this in my 5 year experience of owning a ford. I love my fiesta but I try my best to be patient with the poor servicing standards.

Write to For as you did and they will respond. But they can help you out with fixing problems that are not normally fixed. What they cant fix is the "experience" you get as a customer. If they can they would have done this long back as quite many customers like you and me have written several emails on this topic to them.
Old 23rd August 2010, 18:13   #17
BHPian

I am surprised that you settled the bill without checking if all your complaints have been attended to...correct me if I am wrong, at least I did not see anything in your post as such. You should have insisted for getting the car back on cash@home or otherwise threatened them that you will be spending the time overnight there;-}

My experience with MPL during my Ikon days - while I did not face any major issues with my car, but each time I encountered new faces and delivery time promised was always stretched by a few hours. Chennai Ford is no better - maybe it is having a miniscule edge, becos of bigger setup, but that's it.

Gilead, resist publicizing the far-off a.s.s - next time it will be overcrowded otherwise.LOL. I have already planned my next service there;-}
Old 23rd August 2010, 21:12   #18
BHPian

I never had any good experience with MPL or Chennai Ford. I have writtern complaint, spoken to MPL manager etc but there was no action. I then stopped going to Ford Service center for any issues, If it is major issue i go to Ignite and feel that they are far more better than Ford Service.
Old 23rd August 2010, 21:54   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralgrey View Post
@mathew: If your bluetooth is still not working, try disconnecting the battery terminals for a few seconds and re-connecting them.
Thanks Neutralgrey, Sorry I forgot to mention that I fixed it myself, the next day. I did not try disconnecting the battery terminals though. I reset the bluetooth both in the car and the phone. tried pairing and re-pairing after about 15 minutes of trying it started working again.

What I really wanted the guy to check though was for any 'firmware' issue with the system (I'm not sure, If I'm using the right word). and I very clearly told him that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
MPL Ford service is the pits. it goes only to the Poonamalee service center because hardly anyone goes there because of the distance.
That's way too far for me Gilead, I live in Besant Nagar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
you will have to write to the big guy and the id is write2md@ford.com
Thanks So much anil, I sure will need that. I still have not received any reply from Ford. I'll wait till the end of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Never take the car in hurry. I know, its difficult but will really pay you. Actually, that's what they want to do, make you take car in hurry.
Totally agree with you mjothi. It was already late for me in the evening, I work in the night. I had to get back home, then leave to work. I will be more careful in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Sorry to say that "Welcome to the club". With MPL ford service you need to dedicate half a day to be present there, ensure your car is still clean after the final touch up clearning etc..
I totally agree with you on The 'clean' part. It was not impressive

Quote:
Quality is just written on the walls and never once you can 100% experience.
I had the same thought sitting there the other day!!

Quote:
I have got used to this in my 5 year experience of owning a ford. I love my fiesta but I try my best to be patient with the poor servicing standards.
May be I'll have to get used to it as well. or even better may be this is one way to learn patience in life

Quote:
Write to Ford as you did and they will respond. But they can help you out with fixing problems that are not normally fixed. What they cant fix is the "experience" you get as a customer. If they can they would have done this long back as quite many customers like you and me have written several emails on this topic to them.
+ to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
I am surprised that you settled the bill without checking if all your complaints have been attended to...correct me if I am wrong, at least I did not see anything in your post as such. You should have insisted for getting the car back on cash@home or otherwise threatened them that you will be spending the time overnight there;-}.
True Sanjay, I was actually getting late for my work. Had it been a weekend or a different time, I would've handled it differently.

Guess what guys, After all of this, My brother wanted to buy a new car, Guess what I suggested, That's right 'The FIGO' over the swift. He's booking the car tomorrow.
Very true, My experiences with the after sales has been very bad, But I had wonderful experience when buying though. I booked the car in MPL tharamani. Was telling the sales Rep, how horrible my experiences has been, He told that they have opened a new service center in Perungudi and he can talk to the service engineer there when I take the car for service next time.I hope it works out better than the one in Velachery. I still have to get my second coat of the 3M to be done, Which is due in October. Planning to take it there next time, See how it works out!
Old 23rd August 2010, 22:00   #20
BHPian

Where is Ignite? In Chennai?
Old 24th August 2010, 02:24   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Where is Ignite? In Chennai?
Check the below links:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...ge-ignite.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-4-8-5-a.html
Old 26th August 2010, 22:25   #22
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I received an email from Ford today, stating the Dealership will contact me to sort things out. The dealership had tried calling me in the evening (I was sleeping) and they have also sent me a text message with a Name & number of some Manager at MPL to discuss the issue. I'll speak to him tomorrow and give an update.

In the mean time, I got another problem, I'm not sure if I'm posting it in the right place. If not, I request the mods to please move it to the appropriate thread..

While I was examining a huge scratch the news paper guy put on the vehicle, trying to use the car as support for his bicycle. I was not around when that happend (The neighbour informed me, I'm going to catch the guy tomorrow). I noticed what looked like a painting flaw, See pictures attached.It's on the both sides, It's not dirt though. It's more clear in the third picture, Does anybody else have the same issue? I'm planning to address it to MPL tomorrow, Will they fix it though..

Thank you guys in advance for all your support & help.
Attached Thumbnails
MPL Ford, Chennai (Velachery)-26082010417.jpg  

MPL Ford, Chennai (Velachery)-26082010419.jpg  

MPL Ford, Chennai (Velachery)-26082010414.jpg  

Old 27th August 2010, 18:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Paint got chipped off, make sure that the dealer ship does not reject it as your fault (if yuo are sure it is not yours)! Was it like that from the day you bought it?
Old 28th August 2010, 02:06   #24
BHPian

I noticed it only yesterday. It is actually too small to notice, I was able to find it because after the big scratch near the back logo (Left by the news paper guy). I stood there staring at it for like 45 minutes.
It really looks more like a finishing flaw to me, Coz it's on the either side and it's even. I'll be going down to the Service center to meet the Manager. I'll bring that up to him, lets see what he says.
Old 28th August 2010, 09:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

i think he will suggest you that it needs to completely removed and then they will remove the dent and paint the complete part again,
Old 28th August 2010, 20:57   #26
BHPian

God save FORD owners in Chennai, there are too many cars and too few Service outlets. the FIGO's are swarming the 3 chennai outlets and the nightmare's just getting beyond the tolerance levels.

MPL huh ! nothing short of a ration shop. MPL once tried to cheekily pass off my car without an waterwash, after creating a scene they accepted that their equipment broke down and they have just done a hand wash, the car was taken to Perungudi and washed properly and delivered. The next visit, I was made to wait till 10.00 am as the Service area Shutter refused to open !!!!

I have begin to dread the Service due dates, where a whole lot of phone calls, lotsa of your patience, time and money needs to be spent, whereas the experience @ Mitsubishi and Maruti it's a breeze for me.

It's real pressure vs real pleasure experience.

PS: Lanson is opening another centre in ECR for Toyota, and that is what I call catering to demand.

I will stay away from FORD in the future, and would advice all my near and dear to do so as buying a FORD is one thing, getting it serviced in chennai is another, unless you care a damn of when your car is delivered (after 3 days for a normal service) and how it is delivered.

PS : Poonamalle centre is nothing different and has started earning the stars as well.
Old 29th August 2010, 10:36   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Paint got chipped off, make sure that the dealer ship does not reject it as your fault (if you are sure it is not yours)!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
i think he will suggest you that it needs to completely removed and then they will remove the dent and paint the complete part again,
Took it to MPL Velachery, Met the Deputy Manager there, He too said it looks like a paint flaw. they've taken pictures and he was going to send it to ford. He said he'll get back to me in a two days.

My wife's due in a week, I hope they don't keep the car for a couple of days for this reason, Keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
Mitsubishi and Maruti it's a breeze for me.

It's real pressure vs real pleasure experience.

PS: Lanson is opening another centre in ECR for Toyota, and that is what I call catering to demand.

PS : Poonamalle centre is nothing different and has started earning the stars as well.
I sure miss those Maruthi days. Even experience with Hyundai had been very good. I hope Ford fixes this problem. MPL's opened another service center in Perungudi I guess, I hope that eases the problems for us.
Old 31st August 2010, 23:13   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathew1105 View Post
Hello Fellow BHPians,

It was raining heavily and I tried calling some of my friends with no luck, because I needed someone to take me to the ATM and the nearest one was about a kilometer away.
Waiting for the feedback from other Ford owners.
If I am not mistaken then I think the building next to MPL Ford is State Bank of India and there is a ATM right next to the MPL gate!
Old 31st August 2010, 23:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
I will stay away from FORD in the future, and would advice all my near and dear to do so as buying a FORD is one thing, getting it serviced in chennai is another, unless you care a damn of when your car is delivered (after 3 days for a normal service) and how it is delivered.

It's nowhere as bad as this. I would still rate Ford's service higher than Maruti's in Chennai. 3 days for a normal service? Just what all was included in this service? My last normal service was completed in 3 hours right in front of me.

Have you even been to the Poonamalee service center? Who was your SA there? It belongs to Chennai Ford btw and not MPL Ford.

Last edited by Gilead : 31st August 2010 at 23:50.
Old 1st September 2010, 01:01   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
If I am not mistaken then I think the building next to MPL Ford is State Bank of India and there is a ATM right next to the MPL gate!
I believe you are talking about the Sales showroom in Tharamani. Yes there's a bank Right next to it. I'm talking about the Service center in Kannikapuram in Velacherry. It's almost near Guindy. It's like a kilometer after concorde motors when you come from Guindy. There was a CITI Bank ATM right opposite to concorde motors. I don't remember seeing anyother bank near by . I actually checked with a friend of mine who works in Velacherry, he said the nearest one would be near concorde motors. and the driver from MPL asked me which ATM, I said anything near by and he drove me straight to the same one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks