Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:50   #31
BHPian

Hey guys, Thanks for all of your support. Thought will give you an update on things. On Wednesday I spoke to the Deputy Manager - Service at Velacherry, He said he's not received any answer from Ford yet. In the mean time, I found some more Issues with the vehicle, I have posted pictures here,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ack-marks.html

So I took pictures of that too and emailed to write2md@ford.com (Thanks Anil!!). and also CC'd the dealer. Some girl calls up from the Nandhanam (Main Branch) Chennai. I list my problems to her, She says "Did you not notice all this when you took delivery" I kept my cool, I told her that even the paint flaw was too small to notice, I found it only by accident. and only after that, I started looking really closely to see if I can find more problems. She asks me to email the same to her.
I did, and I called back, She says her email is not working, she'll call me as soon as it's up!!! It's been two hours!!!
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:08   #32
BHPian

The HINDU today reported that a part of MPL showroom was demolished (including a ramp) due to planning deviation. Hope this does create more issues for Chennai's Ford owners.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...icle609735.ece

Last edited by DWind : 3rd September 2010 at 14:13.
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

Mathew, put this on their face book page too. They have discussion forum on the name Ford figo, and generally someone from Ford answers your query!
Old 3rd September 2010, 15:48   #34
Senior - BHPian

Got this sms from MPL.

MPL Service Station at Velachery is closed due to unavoidable circumstances. Pls contact Vadapalani (9840965005), Guindy (9840965009), OMR (9500037637), Alwarpet (840965007) for your service requirenments.

I think building a service station on encroached government land could have been entirely avoidable!!
Old 3rd September 2010, 15:51   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
The HINDU today reported that a part of MPL showroom was demolished (including a ramp) due to planning deviation. Hope this does create more issues for Chennai's Ford owners.

The Hindu : Cities / Chennai : Demolition of unauthorised structure on government land begins

Just got an official SMS from FORD, MPL Velachery is closed.
Old 3rd September 2010, 18:40   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathew1105 View Post
Hey guys, Thanks for all of your support. Thought will give you an update on things. On Wednesday I spoke to the Deputy Manager - Service at Velacherry, He said he's not received any answer from Ford yet. In the mean time, I found some more Issues with the vehicle, I have posted pictures here,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ack-marks.html

So I took pictures of that too and emailed to write2md@ford.com (Thanks Anil!!).

I just checked about the inconsistent gaps over the glass. The reason is the the glass is pasted to the body by liquid sealant, so when this pressed to the body for pasting this will have bigger tolerances due to the probable movement.

As I said the inconsistencies are not visible to the naked eye (I all the Figos in the parking lot) but are measurable! So I guess this nothing to worry about unless they look ugly, which it does not!

Any reply from ford about the painting inconsistencies and sealant problems?

Quote:
I think building a service station on encroached government land could have been entirely avoidable!!
Completely agree, by the way is the showroom owned one or is on the lease, if it is on lease no one can do anything and it is indeed unavoidable :(

Last edited by anilisanil : 3rd September 2010 at 18:42.
Old 3rd September 2010, 22:07   #37
BHPian

Thank you so much for checking Anil! Although I can live with the Panel gap on the glass area, behind the rear window. The one on the hatch door and the sealent crack needs to be fixed.
I called back and told the rep that I was waiting for two hours for her call back. She says the email is still not working. I was like 'REALLY!' she gets all upset and says, I'm not lying, If you would like, you can come over and check for yourself!!. I'm the one who called you and was wanting to help you??, You cannot get upset with me sir!!
I was like, WOW, I pay you 6 lakhs and you give me a Flawed car and I tell you to just fix the problems for me and be nice, and you are all upset? and on top of that, we are buying another FIGO today. So my family pays you 12 lakhs and you want us not to be upset!
She then says she'll have her service manager call me. Which he did after another 3 hours. To tell me that Ford has asked them to correct the paint job and the audio system will be available on Monday. so by next week they'll attend all the issues.
He says, He'll have the rep forward the pictures to him and then he'll forward it to ford, get it approved then fix it. He goes, I know you already sent the pictures to Ford, However you would've sent it to Customer service, I'll send it to the right department and get it approved. I'm not really sure, how many days they mean when they say "Next Week". I'll update the other thread about what he said about the bluetooth issues.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...th-issues.html
Old 7th September 2015, 10:08   #38
BHPian

Re: MPL Ford, Chennai (Velachery)

Guys, sorry to resurrect an old thread, but Ford owners, what are your comments on the new MPL ford at Pallikaranai?

Is it good?

I am planning to check out the Aspire from that place and would like your valuable feedback on dealership and A.S.S.

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks