Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2010, 13:46   #1
BHPian

Bosch Service Center (Samarth Motors) Rohini, Delhi

After 8000kms (3 free services + 1 paid service at Hans Hyundai) in 2 years I got a CNG kit fitted to my Accent. Not trusting the Hyundai guys to take care of the CNG kit , I started looking for some other service centers.
Then I found that <a> http://www.boschindia.com/content/language1/html/16627.htm</a> lists a Bosch service center close to Rohini.
So from July 2009 onwards, I started getting my car serviced there.
Because of the daily running of around a 100k (Rohini-Gurgaon), my Accents' odo now reads 43k i,e. accent has done around 36 k in an year.
In this duration I have got brake pads changed thrice (twice from local mechanic outside , and at 36k from Bosch )

The owner of Samarth motors (Jeetender), used to take my car from my place on Sunday mornings, and return it in the evenings while going back to his place.
I have been quite satisfied with the service at Samarth. But the only thing I have been complaining about is that they do not carry a job card.
My regular services at Bosch have been costing around 1700-2000INR
Well that was not much of an issue, since I went to give my car to Hans Hyundai for a change today. The guys at Hyundai quoted around 3.5k for a service (exclusive of taxes and other replacements like Spark plug (300), Bearings (front -2500, rear + some hub 5000), Engine Flush (550), Radiator Flush (550) etc.)
To my dismay, I was never suggested these things by the Bosch Service Center (although I am a regular reader of various Team-BHP threads and have read that Decarb , flushing etc. is indeed required at 60k service)
When I called Jeetender, he said that flushing of engine and radiator is not required if the car is being serviced regularly, which was the case with my car. Is this true, or are these things a necessity at 30k service ?

Some other negatives which I have been pointing out to the owner of Samarth Motors are :
1. No paper to cover the floor mats after the service which is a sort of norm at Hyundai
2. The cars interiors were being waxed without the car being cleaned from inside, hence the car seemed all the more dirty with all the dust etc. (Though now I have given him instructions not to wax the interiors)
3. When I asked him to change the brake pads, he said that they do not have Bosch brake pads with them showed me some local brand which was available with him and so I had to get new brake pads from local mechanic. I asked him to keep me posted about their availability and when the local brake pads started squeaking quite soon, I got Bosch brake pads for my accent for (Rs. 800) at 36000 kms
4. I was never informed of the engine /radiator flushing, and when I called him today he said that they do not have Decarb facilities available.
5. Service center is not that big but looks like a big garage only. Not that it matters that much, but you may not have enough confidence to give them your car when you go there for the first time after having the habit of getting your car serviced at Hyundai etc.
6. Dont know why, but I always wanted Bosch being the trusted brand that it is to be occupied and busy servicing cars, but I have never seen the service centre full / having loads of cars lined up for service.

Some good points about Bosch :
1. Timely Service and Delivery
2. Costs of parts etc very less compared to Hyundai
Here is a list for those who were looking for a comparison
Task (Hyundai vs Bosch)
Engine Flush (550 vs 450)
Radiator Flush (550 vs 450)
Front Bearings (2500 vs 1100 +400 for labor)
Rear Bearing + some hub ( ~5000 vs 2300 + labor)
Air Filter (250 vs ~150)
Service costs (925 vs 500)
3. Another + is that they have never messed up/ played around with the CNG kit.
4. I trust that the parts being fitted/replaced , engine oils are originals i.e. Bosch

At the Hyundai Service Center today, the guy told me that these small Bosch service centers are not Authorised and do not maintain proper service record or give proper computerized bill. Now when I come to think of it, that has indeed been the case. Samarth motors has been giving me hand written bills and when I called Samarth motors to give me the service record history he said he can make it available , but they will be hand written and not computerized.

On asking whether being a Bosch listed service center he maintains a centralized repository of service records so that I can get my service record details extracted from some other Bosch service center, he said that it will not be possible as there is no central database of the service records.

Though I have not had any problem with Bosch Service center, and the service there has also been quite cheap in comparison with Hyundai, still I am not sure if there could be this much difference in service costs between the two (Hyundai - 3.3-3.8k) vs Bosch (1.5k-2k)

1. Do all T-BHP members who get their car serviced at Bosch get Hand written bills ?
2. Are these centers really Bosch authorized, what is the level of understanding/agreement which Bosch has with these service centers?
3. Do people trust these hand written service records at the time of purchasing a used car?
4. Since I will be going for 60k service in the next few months, what does T-BHP recommend .. 60k service from Mfr i.e. Hyundai or even Bosch is o.k.?
5. I have asked Hyundai to do the Engine Flush and Radiator flush today, so now should I get this all done at 60 k again? And for decarb, should I wait till 60k or get it done during the next service which will be around 48k?

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by hbaruas : 28th August 2010 at 13:57. Reason: .
Old 20th November 2010, 05:31   #2
BHPian

Hi,

see my user review for one of the Bosch service centers @ B'lore.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2146869

I don't know yet if they maintain a history of service records, the guy didn't record anything in my car service book either.

The positive thing is I got computerized bills for the payment made and also part numbers were mentioned for the consumables and other items used in service. I'll dig that bill in google tomorrow and let you know if the part numbers are genuine.

Also I did find this in the Bosch web-site:

Samarth Motors
154/544, Pooth Khurd
Bawana Road
New Delhi - 100 039
Contact Persons: Mr.Dharmendra Sharma, Mr.Jitendra Sharma
Phone: 011 65078060, 9213203624, 9213901048
Mobile: 9810601551
E mail ID: samarthmotor@yahoo.com

Are you referring to the same place?

Hope this helps...

BTW I somehow felt more comfortable @ Hyundai A.S.S than Bosch, known devil better when compared to unknown.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Last edited by rajiv.kulkarni : 20th November 2010 at 05:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks