Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2010, 16:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra A.S.S-Another Goof up.

It was time for Hawk's first service in the morning.
We had bought the vehicle from Patiala,as the Dealer,in ambala had shut its door,after it went bankrupt.
In the mean time another Dealership opened up.So instead of travelling 70kms,we thought lets get it done here.
Since,they had just started their business like 30-45days ago,they all were quite enthusiastic.

I have a habit of getting things done infront of my eyes,so i am usually seen sweating out around the car,rather than sitting in Ac customer lounge.

Everything was going on fine,oil was drained,diffrential oil changed,gear oil checked,filter cleaned,and all.
Suddenly i got a call,and i went out for like 2 minutes.
When i came back,all my horrors came true,and i saw the Mechanic,pouring in Mahindra Maximile premium oil(Recommended for MDI Turbo\Naturally Aspirated engines),with a Drain period of 10K kms.

Recommended Oil is Mahindra Maximile Supreme(Recommended for Crde Engines)with a drain period of 15K kms.

I got furious,upon questioning the mechanic,I got an answer,"Hamare Paas to Yahi hai,hum saari gaadiyo mei yahi daalte hain".(We have only this oil,and we put this oil in all vehicles).
I was like,its not been 2 months,since you guys started your business,and this is happening??

Thankfully,engine had not been started yet,i rushed and took out the keys,and asked the mech,to not do anything.

I talked to the Service advisor,and he accepted the error,and said,he will get the oil replaced.

After a while he came out with 6Litres of Maximile Supreme,now i asked the mech,"Ab ye kaha se aaya"?(Now where did it come from).

He gave a sheepish smile,and drained Maximile premium and filled in 6L of Maximile Premium.

If i had not noticed this i would have been driving around the M-Hawk with Engine oil recommended for DI turbo's

It may not be a Big issue,but this was the first service,and as they say,"First impression is the Last Impression".

I Can never really think of leaving the Vehicle unattended even for a Second,while getting serviced.
Old 28th August 2010, 16:35   #2
BHPian

Its good you were there and keeping a watch on what was going on!!or else i am sure they would have added that grade engine oil

You can never say-this may be happening in many service centres, not only Mahindra but other manufacturers too!!
Old 29th August 2010, 11:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Its good you were there and keeping a watch on what was going on!!or else i am sure they would have added that grade engine oil

You can never say-this may be happening in many service centres, not only Mahindra but other manufacturers too!!
Quite Possible.
You just cant differentiate between oils,just by looking at it.
If i had not noticed,the can,i would have been driving around for 15K kms,on oil that has a drain period of 10K kms,that too for Naturally Aspirated or DI turbo Engines.
Old 8th September 2010, 11:21   #4
BHPian

Well the lesson learned is that one needs to be on the floor when all these partially trained jokers are servicing the vehicle and not leave it to the service advisors alone.

Most Viewed