Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2010, 08:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qAnand View Post
The ashtray was not given, when they delivered the car (is it an accessory, or it comes with Emot Pack).
Ashtray has been discontinued by Fiat. Also, now there is no "BLUE&ME- Powered by Microsoft" sticker on the rear windscreen. This Microsoft sticker used to look cool.

I think Linea still comes with 3 rear headrests. Check your rear seat whether there are any empty slots meant for middle headrest.
Old 30th August 2010, 10:26   #17
BHPian

My experience with other Tata-Fiat service stations is also equally bad. I bought it from Madurai A.R.A.S and had very tough time taking delivery itself. They initially tried to sell me a car that had done almost 700 kms in odo. The worst part is they reset it to zero the next day and said "sir, now the odo is zero and you can take the car" . Tried VST in trichy and that was comparatively better than A.R.A.S but nothing great. IMO, don't buy FIAT.
Old 30th August 2010, 11:50   #18
BHPian

I called TAFE today to confirm about the headrest and the ash tray box. They told the cars manufactured after July'10 does not come with 3 headrests, moreover they told the seats cannot be folded.

Don't know why Fiat removed these good features!!!. Can anyone confirm??

Regds,
qARS
Old 30th August 2010, 12:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats qAnand,

Welcome to FIAT Linea Club.
For service you can try VST, Chennai.
They have been doing well so far for me and my Linea.
if you need any help reg. this.send me a PM.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 30th August 2010, 15:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

You will rarely need to fold that rear seat with such a huge boot. I think it can accommodate 2 full size humans. Don't worry about non folding seats. This feature is an absolute necessity only in Hatchbacks.

Yes, I don't know what is going in Fiat's mind if they are removing features like three rear headrests etc. Discontinuing ash tray is understandable. One can get from aftermarket at a small price.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 30th August 2010 at 15:28. Reason: typo error rectified
Old 30th August 2010, 17:11   #21
BHPian

I do agree on the boot space, but feel cheated on the head rest part. The surprising part was that no one knew that it has been discontinued. I have called Fiat, and they told I'll get a call from them on this.

Will keep you all updated..

Regds,
qARS
Old 30th August 2010, 21:23   #22
BHPian

I find it surprising that TAFE till date are doing the same things again and again to the people who come to buy cars from them.

I had an unimaginable experience with them and the after effects of the same carries on till date.

I had the head of TAFE come and meet me with several other top people and they had said a year back they planned couple of customer senstivity programs to be conducted for their staff and were scaling up on delivery issues so they come down to a minimum but looks like some things just dont change.

Regarding changing dealers for service - My car had become an orpan as Concorde tried to push the car again to TAFE as they did not want to do the first service and it took a couple of calls again to the top mgmt to sort things out.SO please have this sorted out at dealer level before taking the next step.

In the end it is we who lose our patience/time and fret on things which need not have been there in the first place.

I literally left this TAFE episode a year back and moved on in life.

I too think I would sell my Punto this year.

The cars good but theres something lacking - peace of mind!

Congratulations for your new car and the car looks great in that colour!
Old 1st September 2010, 02:53   #23
BHPian

The rear seats can be folded? Never noticed that :">

The blue & me sticker was kinda pointless, since in almost all cases the dealer would rip it off to place the sun-film.

Forgot to mention this earlier, but your steering leather cover seems a different matte shade as well. If i'm not mistaken, the ones on the older variant had a slight glossy finish to them.

As for the others, cost cutting by Fiat already?

Last edited by Crazy_Eddy : 1st September 2010 at 02:56.
Old 1st September 2010, 07:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

This steering cover is the same for ages. Maybe the initial Punto/Linea had that glossy finish cover you are talking about.
Old 7th September 2010, 10:14   #25
BHPian

I successfully completed 1000km within 10 days. Do I still need to maintain restricted speed (70 - 80 kmph), or can i drive at higher speeds now?

Thanks
Old 7th September 2010, 18:03   #26
J.Ravi

Now, there is no restriction for your Linea!

Old 17th November 2010, 01:46   #27
Senior - BHPian

hi anand

this is ashwin. finally managed to see your linea ownership thread. hope you are enjoying the ownership just like each one of us here. wish you a happy motoring

dr.ashwinkumar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks