Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2010, 11:14   #76
BHPian

You mentioned that your dad is a lawyer and your grand-dad is also involved in law. I'd be sure to use this leverage against them. Whatever high connections they might have, the bar council group is one tight-knit gang and they've always got each other's back. (at least from my experience). Explore and use this option to hit them back hard.

As for the offers of new cars, please just take your money back (hopefully you followed through on your decision) and get another car. Like a fellow BHPian mentioned, they are not the only ones in India selling Fiat cars.

And for the members saying that Tata/Fiat is not to blame, think about us as a group. If we see a nice car with a Got BHP? sticker, everyone appreciates. If the same car is now recklessly driving down a busy road, everyone will say blame road-racing on T-BHP. While the admin / moderators have in no way influenced reckless driving, the image of the forum goes down a notch. And who knows what inspired that spirited driving? Guess that kinda wants us to be a bit more responsibile now, doesn't it?

Just to share an Customer experience, I walked into Concorde Bangalore to test-drive the Fiat. We waited for a good 20 minutes before someone said hello. And then it was informed that the test drive vehicle has gone out and they didn't know when it will be back. The sales guy was as curt as possible, and just walked away each time I had a question. When the Manipal motors guy came (Vinay), he made sure he got us around for a good test drive (one by myself, one with the wife and one with a few friends), and through-out the entire process, he was constantly in touch with us. we got the car in Jan and we said our goodbyes to him. So, about 3 months after buying the PocketRocket, I got a call from him stating that he's moving to Toyota. I was surprised and then he gave me the number of the new person taking over from him and said that I should expect a call from him (Siva) in case we'd like to buy another Fiat! (what and optimist! haha). IMO, that was real customer commitment. Wherever he is, I bet he excels in his sales efforts.
Old 30th August 2010, 11:42   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Just to share an Customer experience, I walked into Concorde Bangalore to test-drive the Fiat. We waited for a good 20 minutes before someone said hello. And then it was informed that the test drive vehicle has gone out and they didn't know when it will be back. The sales guy was as curt as possible, and just walked away each time I had a question. When the Manipal motors guy came (Vinay), he made sure he got us around for a good test drive (one by myself, one with the wife and one with a few friends), and through-out the entire process, he was constantly in touch with us. we got the car in Jan and we said our goodbyes to him. So, about 3 months after buying the PocketRocket, I got a call from him stating that he's moving to Toyota. I was surprised and then he gave me the number of the new person taking over from him and said that I should expect a call from him (Siva) in case we'd like to buy another Fiat! (what and optimist! haha). IMO, that was real customer commitment. Wherever he is, I bet he excels in his sales efforts.
Goes to prove two things.

1. There are dealers and then there are dealers. Every one is not bad. Try to find everything you can about the dealer. If there have been a few bad experiences, avoid that dealer.

2. If your initial experience at the dealer is bad, better avoid him. If it is good, go through the PDI thoroughly before paying the full amount and taking the delivery. In spite of the PDI being discussed innumerable number of times in this and other forums, people still shy away from detailed PDI before taking the delivery.
Old 30th August 2010, 12:08   #78
Senior - BHPian

Update
I had sent my driver with a application stating that due to their cheating me and giving me a Lemon vehicle and other episode (which are stated on the first page) i would like to get my money refunded. which they have agreed to it or they had to.

My driver is also getting almost 45 liters of diesel out of the vehicle.

And yes I abused the sales people but i would like to ask the same from you all that what would you have done is you were in my shoes.
i was standing all alone with no one attending me and they had the guts to tell me that i will not even get this vehicle back. this was the statement which ticked me of.
And Fiat has not intervened till now and i have no hope for the same

ps thanks rejoycjohn, bigron
Old 30th August 2010, 16:06   #79
BHPian

Finally Happy ending!
Please don't forget to sue them! Go to a consumer court! Hopefully this will be settled sooner!

Cheers!
-Z
Old 30th August 2010, 16:17   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
but can anybody tell me how can i report all this to fiat india
Make the whole thing public. Facebook, twitter, newspapers, consumer court, auto mag's, auto shows on tv channels, etc. Go the whole hog and screw the dealers happiness.

They bloody well pay you back with interest and a compensation for assaulting you. File an FIR for this as well. corner them from all angles and have them at your mercy.

Google for fiat india contacts. I am sure you can find email addresses of top officials. You can forward them proof of the FIR and other things... dont threaten, do the above and then inform them. Let them know that this kind of behaviour is unacceptable and we wont sleep over it.

Power to the customer !!!
Old 30th August 2010, 16:22   #81
BHPian

Here are a few contacts i have collected from this forum. Hope these are useful

mangesh.kodalkar@fiapl.com,
service@fiapl.com,
n.balaji@tatamotors.com,
Kaushik.Prasad@fiapl.com,
Ricky.Walter@fiapl.com
Old 30th August 2010, 16:43   #82
BHPian

Sad that this happened. Claim your money back. There can be no other possible option.
Meanwhile send an e-mail to Fiat here Fiat India
Old 30th August 2010, 16:46   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
at least fiat could have intervened here and have apologized and made it it up to the customer in whatever way possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
How do you know Fiat has not intervened on this matter?
Read the below thread, how long it is taking for Fiat to resolve one issue, after fiat intervention.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...e-pg-14-a.html

Quote:

ps thanks rejoycjohn, bigron
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
Here are a few contacts i have collected from this forum. Hope these are useful

mangesh.kodalkar@fiapl.com,
service@fiapl.com,
n.balaji@tatamotors.com,
Kaushik.Prasad@fiapl.com,
Ricky.Walter@fiapl.com
@manikjeet: Please mail your issue to the mail id mentioned by SilkDrive. Though you now booked VW but please do mention your issue to Fiat. I am a Fiat fan but such issues are not acceptable.
Old 30th August 2010, 17:49   #84
BHPian

I am a big Fiat Fan myself but this type of behaviour is not acceptable.

PS - I went to check out Punto 90 BHP yesterday and still going ahead with this decision despite seeing this thread. Wish me good luck ;-)
Old 30th August 2010, 17:58   #85
BHPian

Yes, Good Luck anonymous ! I have also decided to take the plunge with a palio, if Fiat delivers, that is ..! Looks like we will need the "best of luck" wishes.

But, it seems that pulling to a side and uneven tyre wear is a problem in quite a handful of Puntos. Please do a thorough checkout for this during the PDI, and rest all will be well.

All the best once again !
Old 31st August 2010, 09:38   #86
Senior - BHPian

update
yesterday night Mr. Dinesh Chawala and Mr. Niraj visited my place at around 8 pm. they were very sorry for the sale behavior and said that they have been getting calls from Fiat and that their jobs are in danger.

They handed me a cheque which included the amount i paid to get door handles and srvm painted. They also gave me a hand written apology letter.

Now i ask my fellow bhpains that should i further escalate the matter to fiat after the cheque has cleared or should i be happy with want i got

Last edited by manikjeet : 31st August 2010 at 09:40.
Old 31st August 2010, 09:45   #87
BHPian

You should make sure that this incident becomes an example for all dealers who think that they can get away with anything.
Old 31st August 2010, 09:47   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
update
yesterday night Mr. Dinesh Chawala and Mr. Niraj visited my place at around 8 pm. they were very sorry for the sale behavior and said that they have been getting calls from Fiat and that their jobs are in danger.

They handed me a cheque which included the amount i paid to get door handles and srvm painted. They also gave me a hand written apology letter.

Now i ask my fellow bhpains that should i further escalate the matter to fiat after the cheque has cleared or should i be happy with want i got
In my personal opinion, it's good to let matters rest. While there cannot be complete compensation for mental agony, if you are even in monetary terms, let them be. Also, the hand written apology counts too.

I'd say get that Polo of yours and have fun, leave this behind.
Old 31st August 2010, 09:54   #89
BHPian

Dude, Now that you got your money back, make sure you give that dealer what its like to be mentally frustrated. Do not leave here, do make an complaint in the consumer court on how you where mentally shaken and make sure you file all sorts of compliants. Make an clear example of this dealer. Whats the guarantee that these guys will not repeat this to another unsuspecting buyer.

The dealer has made his mistake, now he must face the consequence of it or else it will be just another day for him.

If i had the connections like your Dad and granddad, i will make sure the dealer bites the dust.

Note: Sorry if i said anything worng, but manhandling customers is one thing i cannot tolerate with.
Old 31st August 2010, 10:19   #90
Senior - BHPian

Shocking incidence , Good that matter had ended in your favor. Now enjoy your polo.

Quote:
And yes I abused the sales people but i would like to ask the same from you all that what would you have done is you were in my shoes.
i was standing all alone with no one attending me and they had the guts to tell me that i will not even get this vehicle back. this was the statement which ticked me of.
Personally I was in a minor situation when service guys broke the bumper of my vehicle couple of weeks back and the matter was settled amiably with out any shouting or abusing in my favor.

Well abusing is not the most mature way to handle such situation. Do you really think that you got your money back just becuase of your verbal abuse ? Without abusing the dealer staff as well you could have got the same result by escalating through written communication, putting pressure by writing to Fiat as you did. Or taking leagal recourse and going to media as last step.

I am 100% sure that FIAT India or Tata-Fiat has intervened becuase here dealer is taking financial hit of bearing the tax, registration and insurance charges which they won't until they have some sword hanging on their head.

Quote:
update

Get the cheque cleared , You abused the dealer staff they became aggressive and physical and that was their mistake. Accept the apology and move on.As I said dealer would not have refunded you untill they have a sword hanging on their neck from the company.

Last edited by amitk26 : 31st August 2010 at 10:25.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks