Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2010, 10:24   #91
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
they were very sorry for the sale behavior and said that they have been getting calls from Fiat and that their jobs are in danger.
They should lose their job and while sitting idle at home have to learn "A-Z of customer care"

This should become an example to the whole dealership community.
Old 31st August 2010, 10:28   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
update
Now i ask my fellow bhpains that should i further escalate the matter to fiat after the cheque has cleared or should i be happy with want i got
Dear Manikjeet,

Please do not spare them. Let them know that roughing up a customer in a service industry is an unpardonable offense.

Get the cheque deposited in your account and then start legal proceedings against them.They should be taught an apt lesson so that they do not forget this incidence in future. Please ensure that they should not be scot free in any circumstances.

Regards,

SILVERWOOD.
Old 31st August 2010, 10:30   #93
BHPian

dont spare them. They should lose their jobs after the experience you had. Escalate.
Old 31st August 2010, 11:51   #94
Senior - BHPian

Get the new car dude. Punto is a cool car. Tell them you want new car immediately & ask them for all the accessories free of cost

Tata Fiat dealers are bad we all know. But there cars are good for sure. Take car & get it serviced from some other dealer.
Old 31st August 2010, 11:56   #95
BHPian

@aniketi: dude have not read the entire thread, he has already got full refund from the dealer with an apology letter. He went ahead and booked an new POLO
Old 31st August 2010, 12:00   #96
BHPian

Quote:
update
yesterday night Mr. Dinesh Chawala and Mr. Niraj visited my place at around 8 pm. they were very sorry for the sale behavior and said that they have been getting calls from Fiat and that their jobs are in danger.

They handed me a cheque which included the amount i paid to get door handles and srvm painted. They also gave me a hand written apology letter.

Now i ask my fellow bhpains that should i further escalate the matter to fiat after the cheque has cleared or should i be happy with want i got
Manikjeet,
Once the cheque is cleared, let the matter rest, please don't escalate. It looks like they regret what they have done. Sometimes things go hay-wire in the heat of the moment. I agree man handling the customer is a strict no-no, but please understand even those guys have mouths to feed and losing their jobs won't help them much.
If you sue them you might end up with some more cash for the mental agony they caused you and it will be borne by FIAT/TATA, which is insignificant amount to them but if these sales guys lose their jobs it will worsen things for them. Let it be water under the bridge.

Cheers!
-Z
Old 31st August 2010, 12:14   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie69 View Post
Manikjeet
If you sue them you might end up with some more cash for the mental agony they caused you and it will be borne by FIAT/TATA,
Please explain in what way FIAT/TATA are liable for actions committed by dealers (and its employees) to their customers.( I mean punitive damages awarded by a Honorable Court)

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 31st August 2010 at 12:16. Reason: Edit
Old 31st August 2010, 12:31   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie69 View Post
Manikjeet,
Once the cheque is cleared, let the matter rest, please don't escalate. It looks like they regret what they have done. Sometimes things go hay-wire in the heat of the moment. I agree man handling the customer is a strict no-no, but please understand even those guys have mouths to feed and losing their jobs won't help them much.
If you sue them you might end up with some more cash for the mental agony they caused you and it will be borne by FIAT/TATA, which is insignificant amount to them but if these sales guys lose their jobs it will worsen things for them. Let it be water under the bridge.

Cheers!
-Z
I can't thank you enough for this post. It sometimes makes me feel sick to see that people always try to go for the jugular. Even here, most recommendations are to hang the sales folks out to dry.

In most walks of life (sports etc.), it is recommended to be gracious in victory, I hope that's what happens here. Manikjeet has a written apology and recouped his financial investment, he has won.

Last edited by Amartya : 31st August 2010 at 12:32.
Old 31st August 2010, 12:50   #99
BHPian

They have come personally and apologised, they have given you a written apology and have refunded your full amount. Close this chapter now.
Yes, you did suffer mental agony, but be rest assured so have all the rest of the parties involved otherwise the actions that you have described would not have happened.
Let the cheque clear and settle down and look forward to your new car.

I do not wish to sound as officious, but do give a thought to these lines (not mine, & I do not remember the author to give due credit):

There are three things to admire and three times three to always keep in mind and the
Three things to admire are Intellectual power, Dignity and Gracefulness.
Three things to love: Courage, gentleness and affection.
Three things to hate: Cruelty, arrogance and ingratitude.
Three things to delight in: Frankness, freedom and beauty.
Three things to wish for: Health, friends and a cheerful spirit.
Three things to avoid: Idleness, loquacity and flippant jestings.
Three things to fight for: Honour, country and home.
Three things to govern: Temper, tongue and conduct.
Three things to think about: Life, death and eternity.
Old 31st August 2010, 12:50   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
I can't thank you enough for this post. It sometimes makes me feel sick to see that people always try to go for the jugular. Even here, most recommendations are to hang the sales folks out to dry.

In most walks of life (sports etc.), it is recommended to be gracious in victory, I hope that's what happens here. Manikjeet has a written apology and recouped his financial investment, he has won.
Its easier said than done.What about the mental agony.? Sab chalta hai, chod do wala attitude.This makes me sick too.

Certainly Manikjeet has a written apology and has recouped his financial investment because he belongs to a family of lawyers.This could have certainly made a huge impact on this decision made by the dealer to return his money and tender an apology.(Manikjeet- Please correct me if i am wrong)

What if Manikjeet would have been an employee like me who has relocated recently from Hyderabad. Do you really think the dealer would returned my money so easily.?

We all know the answer.Dont we.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 31st August 2010 at 12:54. Reason: Edit
Old 31st August 2010, 13:12   #101
BHPian

I would suggest you to let it go. As dealer said Fiat India has taken action against them. It was small mistake from your side too that you abused them on their mistake, that might be the reason to provok them.

There is a mistake from dealer side to, he should not have tried to rectify the problem in wrong way, as they did try to fool you by adjusting the different air pressure on tires. Even I would have abused them on such behaviour.

@Fiat: Please implement Maruti's processes to handle such issue. Do not wait until customer complaints.
Old 31st August 2010, 13:13   #102
BHPian

Quote:
thanks all

i will be taking the money back tomorrow

but can anybody tell me how can i report all this to fiat india
The address of the company is available on the web site and also in the instructions manual of the car
Old 31st August 2010, 13:17   #103
BHPian

Don't leave the rogues. Teach them a lesson that they won't repeat with anybody else.

You had good connections so this got solved. Think about our 'normal Janta'. Not everyone's Dads are lawyers and judges and they would be running to courts. These guys will probably sell the defective car to a weaker customer. People earn each and every penny after working hard 9 hours a day and these delears who make money the "Easy way" do not value it and treat customers like this.

I request you to not let this matter go. Don't let the crooks do the same thing again and think they will get over everything by an apology.

Last edited by Googleman : 31st August 2010 at 13:19.
Old 31st August 2010, 13:17   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Its easier said than done.What about the mental agony.? Sab chalta hai, chod do wala attitude.This makes me sick too.
Certainly Manikjeet has a written apology and has recouped his financial investment because he belongs to a family of lawyers.This could have certainly made a huge impact on this decision made by the dealer to return his money and tender an apology.(Manikjeet- Please correct me if i am wrong)
What if Manikjeet would have been an employee like me who has relocated recently from Hyderabad. Do you really think the dealer would returned my money so easily.?
We all know the answer.Dont we.
I'd just say that this is different from the "chalta hai" attitude, because there has been a positive action. Anyway, we can agree to disagree on this point. Clearly we have different opinions, and I respect that.
Old 31st August 2010, 13:25   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Dude with all due respect Manikjeet said that he abused , people he was dealing with were shop floor level / showroom level people. I am from north so know very well abusive language is a way of life. But you can not win using abusive language with people in blue collared jobs, If you can swear for good 2 hours they can do from morning 8 till shift ends. So it was not that dealership assigned people to fight with customers.

Ideally it should have been a discussion and discussion is always at a peer level. Customer being the king should demand to see the General manager or MD of the firm who is actually a peer level person at the dealership and discuss in firm manner. Higher ups at dealership know the financial consequences of displeasing the customer or escalation to the company.
Also they are the one who can take decision related to replacement / refund and take lower level people to task.

For a person at level of sales executive it does not matter he is just getting his salary and some commission and in worst case he will leave the job and join a rival. Also if he has done his job of palming off a lemon to unsuspecting customer he has no power to do anything to revert the situation.

So in nutshell I think after financial hit of more then what dealership could have earned their management will anyway take people to task.

As a lesson I would say one should learn how to better deal with people and put pressure and win without putting ourselves in dangerous situation.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks