Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2010, 13:27   #106
Senior - BHPian

Dont let them go like that.

They deserve to lose their jobs and that should teach them a good lesson in handling customers which they will take it to their next job.
Old 31st August 2010, 13:34   #107
BANNED

I request you to not let this matter go. The dealer showing a crocodile tears to you. Tomorrow the same vehicle will be sold to some poor unsuspecting customer by these same persons who given the apology . For them its getting away from things on that moment. I request you to publish the Vehicle VIN here in this forum for the same reason.
Old 31st August 2010, 14:15   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Don't leave the rogues. Teach them a lesson that they won't repeat with anybody else.

You had good connections so this got solved. Think about our 'normal Janta'. Not everyone's Dads are lawyers and judges and they would be running to courts. These guys will probably sell the defective car to a weaker customer. People earn each and every penny after working hard 9 hours a day and these delears who make money the "Easy way" do not value it and treat customers like this.

I request you to not let this matter go. Don't let the crooks do the same thing again and think they will get over everything by an apology.
+1 on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
I'd just say that this is different from the "chalta hai" attitude, because there has been a positive action. Anyway, we can agree to disagree on this point. Clearly we have different opinions, and I respect that.
We need to know the reason behind this positive action, was it done on human grounds.? The very reason for their so called positive action was Manikjeet's family background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
I am from north so know very well abusive language is a way of life. But you can not win using abusive language with people in blue collared jobs, If you can swear for good 2 hours they can do from morning 8 till shift ends. So it was not that dealership assigned people to fight with customers.

As a lesson I would say one should learn how to better deal with people and put pressure and win without putting ourselves in dangerous situation.
I have stayed in Delhi for a long time and i know that abusive language is a way of life.

Why are we running away from the reality.They passed off a lemon to Manikjeet, thank god no untoward incident happened as Manikjeet's driver could sense the flaw and above all this car was supposed to be a Rakhee gift which Manikjeet wanted to give it to his sister. Its human tendency to get wild you are instigated with no fault of yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Dont let them go like that.

They deserve to lose their jobs and that should teach them a good lesson in handling customers which they will take it to their next job.
+1. Not sure about loosing jobs, but they should be reprimanded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
I request you to not let this matter go. The dealer showing a crocodile tears to you. Tomorrow the same vehicle will be sold to some poor unsuspecting customer by these same persons who given the apology . For them its getting away from things on that moment. I request you to publish the Vehicle VIN here in this forum for the same reason.
+1 on this too.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 31st August 2010 at 14:16. Reason: Edit
Old 31st August 2010, 14:18   #109
Senior - BHPian

I second Wildon's proposal - release the VIN number here in tbhp and mention the same VIN and engine number on the FIR you file with the police.
Old 31st August 2010, 14:54   #110
Senior - BHPian

They have given you a written apology, returned your money back. I think you should move on now and close the matter. As someone said earlier, be gracious. You did provoke them with verbal abuse but in no way I am advocating their behavior.
Old 31st August 2010, 15:13   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
They have given you a written apology, returned your money back. I think you should move on now and close the matter. As someone said earlier, be gracious. You did provoke them with verbal abuse but in no way I am advocating their behavior.
They did not give the apology and money back on their own. They were forced to do it, so no question of being gracious with people who are not graceful enough.
Old 31st August 2010, 15:19   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
They did not give the apology and money back on their own. They were forced to do it, so no question of being gracious with people who are not graceful enough.
You have forgetting that they are taking a financial hit in terms of various taxes by taking the car back and returning full money. The matter has been handled amicably by both the dealership and Fiat amicably, even it it was forced upon them. The sales guys would in anycase be punished by the dealership so I would leave it at that. They have got their lesson.
Our friend manikjeet didnt exactly helped them out by abusing. I am only asking him to be humane and just forget about it. I am sure even he will feel good once he has done it. As some one said "Forgiveness is a virtue of the brave".

Last edited by extreme_torque : 31st August 2010 at 15:20.
Old 31st August 2010, 15:37   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post

while returning back the had tire pressure checked and to my drivers horror the LEFT tire had 37 PSI and the RIGHT tire had 29PSI
He had the tire pressure adjusted and the problem reappeared. He immediately return home and showed me the car and i Got just got up and immediately went to the dealer and upon my creating a scene. The GM service Mr. Dinesh( nice person and helpful) took the car and tired to get the problem sorted. And he drove the car for around 100+ KM but the problem still persisted

Mr niraj now said that he wouldn't even return me my car and said i can do whatever i want. But he got a very rude awaking by my dad and most probably his last day the dealer. During the whole process fellow Bhpian ABHIBH showed up.

During the whole thing the car was been worked upon, and the mechanic said that the car has a major mechanical fault and problem will persist

pps this was rakhi gift for my younger sister
Quote:
You have forgetting that they are taking a financial hit in terms of various taxes by taking the car back and returning full money. The matter has been handled amicably by both the dealership and Fiat amicably, even it it was forced upon them. The sales guys would in anycase be punished by the dealership so I would leave it at that. They have got their lesson.
Our friend manikjeet didnt exactly helped them out by abusing. I am only asking him to be humane and just forget about it. I am sure even he will feel good once he has done it. As some one said "Forgiveness is a virtue of the brave".
@ extreme torque.

I have few questions for you.

1,Do you think the car dealer deposit the taxes to govt they collect from us on daily basis.?
2, Please define the word amicable.
3, What Manikjeet should have done after the dealer was not able to find the exact fault with the brand new vehicle.?
4, What if Manikjeet's driver wouldn't have noticed the fault and some untoward incident would have happened.?
5, What if Manikjeet was just a aam aadmi like me without any clout.?

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 31st August 2010 at 15:40. Reason: Edit
Old 31st August 2010, 15:46   #114
Senior - BHPian

@manikjeet: Veerji, you were assaulted in front of PUBLIC & not at a convenient hour in the privacy of your home. If they are feeling so sorry then they should ask for your apology in front of the same people that they insulted you, atleast in front of their own staff.
If you let this pass-on we will soon read about another such incident, may be right here on TBhp.

I have never resorted to an eye-for-an-eye but we have read many such dealership stories in recent past & a model needs to be set here.

Raab Rakha.
Old 31st August 2010, 15:57   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie69 View Post
Manikjeet,
Once the cheque is cleared, let the matter rest, please don't escalate. It looks like they regret what they have done. Sometimes things go hay-wire in the heat of the moment. I agree man handling the customer is a strict no-no, but please understand even those guys have mouths to feed and losing their jobs won't help them much.
If you sue them ...... which is insignificant amount to them but if these sales guys lose their jobs it will worsen things for them. Let it be water under the bridge.

Cheers!
-Z
Zombie,

I understand the common feeling of empathy here, for the reasons they might lose the job, but please also consider other facets here. Are you sure 'they' will be regretting what they've done, unless they'd gotten calls from Fiat regarding axing their jobs? Do you think they'd made that visit to Manikjeet to apologize since they felt sorry for what they did, as opposed to them trying to save their jobs?

I'm sorry that we disagree here [though I appreciate being empathetic], but when someone unrelated to them are feeling bad for them that they have mouths to feed and losing their jobs will be bad for them, they should have thought about this themselves before dare trying to misbehave with the customer. How dare someone does that? It is thus my opinion, that they should be taught a lesson so that they dare not attempt such a thing in their life, ever again. That will also set an example and set the right expectations in the dealership, that no sales guy ever considers such an act with any prospect.

Also, let's take into account the dealership is succumbing to pay back the car money knowing Manikjeet's family's legal background. I have strong reasons to believe an individual with no backing would have got the refund without a fight.

Quote:
Extreme_torque: They may be taking a financial hit for whatever amount, but we all agree it's one they deserve to. Who asked them to sell a defective car if they are so feeling the pinch of returning the money in full? I surely hope here that you aren't siding them and looking for them to be forgiven for 1) selling a defective car and 2) trying to physically abuse a 'Customer'. Hell, they should deal with a law suit if they have to; they 'earned' it.

Also kindly remember, Manikjeet was provoked by stating that he won't even be given his car back, he didn't go there to randomly abuse someone. When some sales bloke tells you such a thing, would your immediate reaction be to verbally fight back(?) or smile, say thank you and go home to lodge a complaint later? I wouldn't say what Manikjeet did was wrong; at least he still maintained a verbal exchange of words, he didn't react physically when the dealership moved on him. That's decency. Which is what the dealership lacked, and which is what they 'need' to be taught.

aK
Old 31st August 2010, 15:59   #116
BHPian

That's a very terrible thing to happen to anyone. Spending so much of money to end up with a stupid car and then the whole commotion which follows it.
We really gotta take it seriously when we buy a car., Keep the PDI list in hand and make sure it clears it all. Its a lot of money we are talking about and why people don't take it seriously to inspect the car before registration and delivery.

Good that you got out of the situation without much of trouble. Take the money and put the end to the agony.
If you really have the time and enjoy getting back at these people, here is the time to quench your thirst. :-)
Get them hard. That's what i would have done.
Old 31st August 2010, 16:04   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
@ extreme torque.

I have few questions for you.

1,Do you think the car dealer deposit the taxes to govt they collect from us on daily basis.?
They would have paid for registration anways.
2, Please define the word amicable.
Amicable because I wouldn't say only one party was at fault. Whatever transpired was a result of a few things which could have been done differently. I am not fond of the talibanish way of doing justice.
3, What Manikjeet should have done after the dealer was not able to find the exact fault with the brand new vehicle.?
Well they were handling the problem. The problem started when he visited the office of Niraj.
I am still of the opinion that he could have handled it differently but I know at times it is difficult to control your temper and hence the resulting action but shouldn't the same thing apply to the dealer guys? Would you like to be shouted and hurled expletives at if you weren't directly at fault? Lets give it another perspective - what if the dealership was owned by an influential politician?
For all the talk of righteousnesses the same rules should apply to everyone which is not the case here and is never the case in real life.

4, What if Manikjeet's driver wouldn't have noticed the fault and some untoward incident would have happened?

Did I say dealership wasn't at fault? All I am saying is that lets bury the ghost and move on. Everyone involved has gotten their lessons already.

5, What if Manikjeet was just a aam aadmi like me without any clout.?
As i said above what if the owner of the dealership was influential? In anycase the manufacturer has intervened and asked the dealership to resolve the issue.
My replies in bold. I have said whatever I wanted to in this regard and I dont think I would want to involve myself in any further arguments on this.
Old 31st August 2010, 16:06   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
@manikjeet: Veerji, you were assaulted in front of PUBLIC & not at a convenient hour in the privacy of your home. If they are feeling so sorry then they should ask for your apology in front of the same people that they insulted you, atleast in front of their own staff.

I have never resorted to an eye-for-an-eye but we have read many such dealership stories in recent past & a model needs to be set here.
Ariesonu, bang on. You've said the right words here, sir. We have seen many brand's dealerships resort to treating customers this way and I do not subscribe to the thought that everyone should be spared. If all we care for is our compensation, then these dealerships will never learn; they will continue to treat customers as they want, rest on our money for all they want and only consider returning it when we make a hue and cry. This has become a (damn) habit now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
If you let this pass-on we will soon read about another such incident, may be right here on TBhp.
And 'maybe' from the very same dealership. And it is for this very same reason that I opine that Manikjeet should make a formal complaint with Fiat and impart a lesson.

aK
Old 31st August 2010, 19:28   #119
BHPian

The best way to teach a lesson is by spreading this news and buy a different car. The car you purchased is no doubt good but that cannot make dealers behave to you in this manner. They apologize, give you compensation or do whatever. It is not going to make a difference now. Man, we as customers cannot be treated like this. We are the people shelling out the money. We are not getting anything free.

Customer is the king. There are other cars also which are equally good if not better.
Old 31st August 2010, 21:41   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Excellent, Wildon. You have amidst a lot of textual exchanges and expressions, captured what is most important.

Manikjeet, surely you owe it to TBHP.com to publish that VIN number here, so at the least, another TBHPian won't make the mistake of purchasing that Punto (or choosing that dealership].

Cheers
aK
Closed Thread

Most Viewed