Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2010, 06:07   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

My experiences with P.V.S Ford, Calicut

I own a Ford IKON Flair 2007 model, and all my periodic services have been done with P.V.S Ford Calicut. This thread is dedicated to the deteriorating quality of A.S.S of P.V.S Ford Calicut.

My recent visits to the A.S.S were not at all satisfactory, and the there was total neglect towards me as a customer. I'v had several instances where they did not complete the ordered work, overcharged me, and even presented me with grease filled interiors. Can you believe that after a major body work with a bill of about 22,000, I'm presented with a car whose seats and trim are full of muck and grease.
I'm usually a very forgiving guy, and I do not want to spoil my relationship with these guys, so all these were tolerated. but then, my patience too had a limit.

During the 80k service, I asked them to not only do the regular oil change, but to check the entire car(including my breakpads). They checked and told me that everything is fine.

A few days after, I was on my way to Eranakulam with my family(luckily it was a day journey), and suddenly my breaks started sounding rude. I reduced my speed and break usage, but by the time I reached the ghats, the sound turned real harsh and I even started feeling the vibration in the pedal, and I couldn't drive at all. Immediately I called the A.S.S and explained my situation to them(Stranded in the ghats with family). The helpline guys told that they could not come, as they were attending another vehicle with a starting trouble.
Now, as they were delaying themselves, I removed the tyre and checked. Found out that the break pads were worn off. I was really pissed of as I had asked the service guys to check my pads few days ago. Again, regaining my patience, I called the helpline and explained the situation to them, and asked them to atleast send a new pad. Again, they told they were busy, and guess what, they asked me to drive to the A.S.S without breaks. . Again, I kept cool, sent my family in a bus.

Now, before starting to the A.S.S i had called several times and confirmed that IF I bring the car, I should get it repaired today itself and IF the part is available, or I'l take a taxi to ernakulam. They ASSURED several times that it would be done, and the part was AVAILABLE. So I decided to drive the 60kms at 10km/hr in 1st gear.

Finally, after 4-5hrs, I reached the A.S.S. I went in and mentioned that it was I who called, and I needed to replace pads. Guess what, they did not even tend to know that I called, and told me that the BREAK PADS WERE NOT AVAILABLE. Now, this was the limit !!!!!!......

I really lost myself and broke down upon those guys. And after about 2 hours of heated argument, they fitted new pads from a new IKON that was to be delivered.

Now, isnt this pathetic service??.. Is there anyone else who has had similar experience at PVS Ford?.

Also, going forward, what shall I do ensure better service from them (they are my only option).

Most Viewed