Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2010, 09:16   #16
BHPian

You can go to court but that may not be the best option. You bought a car and now it is not working.

Try to work with Fiat officials as well as Prem in Concorde. You may also reach out to some members here who has contacts in Concorde. If you want, I can also come with you and talk to them as in the process, some of them might know me already by name.

If nothing works, then I guess consumer court is the option.
Old 19th November 2010, 11:05   #17
BHPian

Thank you for the suggestions guys. I was extremely busy with my work and other priorities and hence didnt find the right moment to reply.

I finally took delivery of the repaired vehicle. The cost they said, had come to Rs 91000/- change. After their discounts, I paid Rs 70000/- to get the gate pass. The vehicle is in good condition, and they seem to have repaired almost all the glitches ( even the small ones which I hadn't reported ). So I am kind of in two minds now.

However 70000 is a big amount, and I would like to recover it. I am going to find a Fiat official this weekend to speak to and find a way out. My lack of technical knowledge on cars led me to all wrong decisions. I should have read the forums thoroughly before talking to them.

Anyways its all behind me now, and I have now learned great lessons about the Fiat brand and their levels of service. They have a gem of a product with them, and are killing it slowly due to extremely poor service levels.
Old 10th February 2011, 18:31   #18
BHPian

Re: Need help with concorde motors service problem

Hey guys, another update from my end:

Scene 3:

I drove the newly overhauled engine with run-in speeds of less than 70kmph for over a thousand kilometres, and took it back for check up with Concorde motors. They verified that the vehicle is in excellent condition and also replaced the oil.

One week after the 1000km check-up, while on my way to ooty on a business trip, the engine ceased at Mysore. I paid Rs 6000/- to tow the vehicle back to Concorde motors as per Prem's suggestion. Alter a check-up of the vehicle which took them a week, they gave me an estimate of nothing less than Rs 48000/- for repairs. The cause of engine seizure they said was due to excessive oil leakage. I told them that I wouldn't be paying for the repairs, as the vehicle was in the 1 lakh km guarantee period after an engine overhaul.

Several weeks later I received a call from them stating that they are unable to cover this under the 1 lakh kilometre guarantee, the reason being stated is that they cannot find a genuine cause for excessive oil leakage. That’s a ridiculous explanation by an authorized after sales service center. This time I escalated the matter to FIAT, which turned a deaf ear towards my complaint. One Mr Shafiq from tata motors called me and conferenced Mr Muralidhar on phone to discuss this. The conclusion being that the newly damaged part was NOT repaired by TATA during the engine work.

I lost hope and towed the vehicle out of concorde. As per suggestions from this community (thanks for it) I took the car to Gowri automobiles. He inspected the engine and told me that the camshaft lock was not fitted for the right timing, which was causing the engine not to send enough torque. He showed me the broken camshaft that was the real cause for the engine ceasing. He is estimating Rs 86000/- for the works. I have got to trust him as Concorde always lied to me.

For a vehicle that doesn't cost more than 5 lakhs, I have already spent more than that amount just because of incorrect diagnosis and low quality of work done on my car. I have been a responsible car owner, and paid up at the regular service center to get my car to the best condition possible. In spite of my efforts, I am being penalized for poor workmanship from Concorde motors.

I have decided to move the consumer court.

This is a warning to all fiat owners, to stay away from concorde motors. Thanks for this wonderful community for the helpful suggestions.
Old 10th February 2011, 19:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Wow thats a rude shock.
You spent a hell lot of money and still end up with this.
Do weigh your options carefully before proceeding further. Is that SA Mr. Prem still working in Concorde Motors? I thinks Dairy Circle Concorde motors. Right?
Old 10th February 2011, 19:10   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Wow thats a rude shock.
You spent a hell lot of money and still end up with this.
Do weigh your options carefully before proceeding further. Is that SA Mr. Prem still working in Concorde Motors? I thinks Dairy Circle Concorde motors. Right?
Yeah, very unfortunate. However my blood boils when I learn that its due to the mistake of the workshop. Such careless service turns me off. Prem works from the Hosur Road workshop where they repair Fiat Palio.
Old 10th February 2011, 19:17   #21
BHPian

Goodness me, again?
My heart bleeds for the Palio. Let down by the management, time and again.

Concorde guys seem to be a bunch of nefarious crooks, numerous complaints against them, time and again. Horror sories throughout the forum.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks