Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2010, 19:53   #1
BHPian

Hyundai A**, nothing better than TATA's A** + a smile

Hi guys,

I'm really frustrated with Hyundai's after sales service, I know this is very uncommon with so many people out there giving good satisfaction scores to Hyundai's A**. But i think the good scores are largely because of trouble free Hyundais.

What if you get a car that has niggling issues like an Indica/Palio (no offences to Indica/ Palio owners)? I think they are no better!

I have just written to Hyundai about the issues I'm facing with my Company fitted CNG Santro, here it goes ( really sorry if it bores you to death!!)

Hello,
I write today to complain about the manner in which Hyundai Customers are being constantly being taken for a ride by your so called esteemed Service Network and to request urgent assistance.

If you care to investigate my account background, you will note I am a customer in good standing, I have been using Hyundais for close to a decade now, and up until recently, I have always thought highly Hyundai Motors India. However the events detailed below have not only left me bitterly disappointed and harassed, but they are also incurring huge damages on Hyundai’s reputation and product and service Quality.

Back in June 2009, after already having two Hyundai cars in the family and with faith in the product and service quality I bought myself another Hyundai – Santro GLS CNG this time, registration no- DL 3C BF 5893.

After a few thousand kms of running, around 2500-3000 kms the car started having niggling problems like – car not switching to CNG at all, excessive wind noise, burning smell- itchy eyes because of that, low FE on Petrol (CNG did not work properly for the first 3k kms!)
After numerous (around 6-7!!) visits to Safdarjung Hyundai, Gurgaon the CNG problem was sorted- the ECU of the vehicle was replaced (within two months of purchase)!! But the other problems still remain. I was so pissed off with the service quality that I couldn’t ignore some problems more to save headache and heart burn.

After this, the car gave me just ‘decent service’ with recurrent issues which the Hyundai technicians did not care to sort out. They have this attitude- always say yes to the customer, always say we have worked on the vehicle like no other could, but do NOTHING!! The CNG technician who visits Safdarjung, Gurgoan and MGF- Mayapuri Delhi is a typical example.

When the fourth service of my car was due I decided to take it to your company owned showroom-cum-service centre Hyundai Motor Plaza on Mathura Road, New Delhi, though it was quite far from the place I live.
I explained all the problems of the car to one service advisor, Mr. Saurabh Kumar. Somehow I got the impression that this person would do some good to my car as he insisted to take a Test drive with me to understand the problems better. I have mentioned the problems present in my car at that time below-

1) Power Windows Squeaking
2) Burning Smell, fumes inside the cabin when the car is left under the sun for more than two hours
3) Low FE on Petrol, though on CNG its 18-20/kg
4) Tie-rods, break callipers noisy
5) Steering noise- Chassis bolt issue
6) Rear Drum noise- very strange noise
7) Wind noise- RHS
8) Torque delivery inconsistent on CNG. At same speeds, same loads, same rpms, sometimes it used to pull and sometimes not.
9) On petrol, the vehicle just pushes the fuel out of the exhaust- incomplete combustion, timing issues.

I received my car at the promised time and the advisor assured that all problems have been tackled. I took his word as it is not possible for any owner to check the work done in the car by an authorized service center.

A couple of days of driving and I realized that almost all issues are still present in my car, also realized that the engine has started misfiring on CNG!(new problem after the service) I thought the engine misfiring could be due to spark plug adjustments or a dirty air filter. But did not do a DIY because other issues were also present and I wanted to get them sorted as well at the earliest.
Having a very busy schedule I couldn’t afford to visit the workshop again but I called them up at my place to inspect the vehicle after a college’s suggestion that HMP provides this service.
A technician turned up but all he could do was adjust the spark plug gaps and mess around with the gas mitcher. He requested me to visit the workshop again to get the other issues sorted out. (He could not do the CNG job well, but I don’t blame him for that as he admitted that he’s not good with CNG vehicles- sorted the issue myself)

After a few days I especially took an off to get my car repaired! I felt so nostalgic; remembered the days of the Premier Padmini!

I reached HMP at 8.15 am sharp, the time at which I was requested to be there so the technicians could get enough time to repair the car. A few moments later I realized that I was one of the morons who are there on time! On bugging the receptionist several times she very politely said that the service advisors reach HMP around 9- 9.30 on weekdays, they reach on time only on weekends to cope up with the huge rush!!!

I was left with no other option to wait for an hour after which Mr. Saurabh Kumar turned up. The usual stuff started, sorry sir for the issues, job cards etc, I decided to wait at HMP for the rest of the day. Post lunch taking a stroll around the service bay I was shocked to see my car exactly at the place where I left it. I got hold of the advisor and blasted at him, again got back the usual Hyundai lingo- work has been completed and just washing is left etc.
He asked me to complain to his manager Mr. Ankush Sharma if he is unable to sort out the issues. Trusting this guy (my mistake) I decided to wait for some more time.
Result?? Well these SAs like me being there at the workshop all the time. He did nothing again!! And I can prove that, pull out the videos from your surveillance cams. He absolutely fooled me; he just washed the car, convinced me that everything is done this time for sure and gave it back.

The next day on my way to office I realize that what a moron I’m. Also, hats off to this SA, Hyundai you can recruit him into sales.

Now time for the Fourth Visit- A very frustrated me booked a running repair appointment, and now this time the results are even worse.

My car has started rattling like anything- thanks to the repeated TDs by your SAs, FE- just awesome, it makes me think I own a Civic- not a notch above 7km/l on petrol, CNG indicator malfunctions- shows green indicators even when there is no gas in the tank! Clutch plates- they were smooth as butter before (almost like new), though the clutch is still light I can feel some excessive play- I think someone drove the car very roughly and that has caused the damage. Burning smell and itchy eyes- I don’t let my family inside the car-ever, drive with windows open for a full 15 mins before using the AC even at 40 C- getting roasted is better than dying a slow death because of fumes you see. Steering noise- still present but has subdued. You really need attention to detail to notice it, but it’s still there.

What next- The SAs think that I have no other work but to attend to this car, getting it repaired at various Hyundai workshops and again and keep on corresponding with them endlessly?
I request the company to please look into the matter, get my car checked thoroughly and please come to my rescue. Though I have lost trust in the authorized workshops, I’m still confident that Hyundai a company of great repute will fully understand such genuine concerns of consumers and resultant implications very well. I still want to give it another try for which I request for the following:-
1) Thorough check-up of the car from bumper to bumper, sorting out all issues I have mentioned above and put them to rest once and for all. No customer has the time today to visit workshops again and again.
2) Return the car back to me within two days- I cannot afford to be without my car even for a single day, but I will manage my routine somehow without it for a max of two days.
3) All details of the work done, also please appoint a responsible Service Manager (not an SA please) who I can rely on and who will take all the responsibility of repairing the car.

Please contact me at the earliest and get things moving.

Best regards,
Anshul Babbar
Old 13th September 2010, 00:34   #2
BHPian

Hi Team,

Quick update- its been more than 24 hours and they haven't even sent an acknowledgement. I have sent them the trailing note and have copied their VP and Hyundai-Asia. I hope that will get things moving, if it doesn't then what does the team suggest?

Please send me suggestions guys! I badly need them.

the mail-

I was expecting a quick reply from the company, but I haven't received even an acknowledgement which has left me further disappointed and frustrated!

Mr. Jha, I apologize to bother you but had no other way to put an end to my misery. I request you to look into the matter and get it settled at your earliest convenience.

I really don't have the time and energy to fight consumer cases or go to the press/ top car magazines etc and hope that I wouldn't be forced to go to that extent by Hyundai.
Old 13th September 2010, 07:27   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

@Anshul, are you expecting a quick reply after you send the mail on a weekend ? And a long weekend at that ?
Old 13th September 2010, 14:26   #4
BHPian

I think that the Hyundai Customer support works 24x7. Its written at the back of the service book as well!

I also called them at their toll free no. on Sat- Eid & Ganesh Chaturthi and they asked me to send a mail if I wanted to.
Old 13th September 2010, 14:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear on your problem Anshul. I've a very good opinion on Hyundai & especially when it comes to Santro. May be, your's is one of a kind or some junkie who forgot to tighten a screw in the first place that lead you to this stage.

Wait for Hyundai's reply for this. I'm sure Hyundai will take your email seriously & give them sometime. Since you've been with this issues for months together, just wait for a week or so. They're right that this weekend being a long one, people might've been on vacation & hence taking sometime to reply to you.

Quote:
I think that the Hyundai Customer support works 24x7. Its written at the back of the service book as well!
Yes, they do work, but they don't provide a resolution right? Suggest you give them sometime to respond. They should get back to you in 2-3 working days.

How old is you Santro? If its more than 3-4 years, then take it to a good reputed knowledgable independent garage in your locality. I'm sure you'll find lot of
recommendations here. Do this as a last step to overcome your troubles.
Old 13th September 2010, 14:45   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Anshul, I hope you understand that it is a festive weekend. 24x7 for on road assistance. But I dont think Hyundai or any other car company in India will have a someone sitting 24x7 to respond to mails - definitely not on a festive weekend.

Give them atleast one more day from now.
Old 13th September 2010, 14:50   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Anshul, I hope you understand that it is a festive weekend. 24x7 for on road assistance. But I dont think Hyundai or any other car company in India will have a someone sitting 24x7 to respond to mails - definitely not on a festive weekend.

I have called tata 24x7 from middle of nowhere at night on a festive weekend, and I got a prompt response.
So a festive weekend is no excuse.Either you are 24x7, or you are not!
Old 13th September 2010, 16:39   #8
BHPian

Just called up Hyundai Customer Care to follow up on my mail. The rep said that they have forwarded it to HMP and it will take another 48hrs for them to get me an answer. Good that things have started moving

Quote:
Sorry to hear on your problem Anshul. I've a very good opinion on Hyundai & especially when it comes to Santro.
Even I have had a good opinion about Hyundai, I had a Santro Zip Plus before and it gave me very good service for 6 years. We bought an i10 Asta back in 2008 and it has been giving trouble free service as well (touch wood).

Quote:
Wait for Hyundai's reply for this. I'm sure Hyundai will take your email seriously & give them sometime. Since you've been with this issues for months together, just wait for a week or so. They're right that this weekend being a long one, people might've been on vacation & hence taking sometime to reply to you.
Quote:

Guys, I do have patience I own this Santro for almost 18 months now, and it started having niggling problems after 3 months of purchase!
I have gone to Hyundai service stations more than 18 times during this period!

I'm getting a bit impatient this time because I have planned a trip with my gf this weekend and I don't want to get 7KMPL on a 800 kms trip

Quote:
I have called tata 24x7 from middle of nowhere at night on a festive weekend, and I got a prompt response.
So a festive weekend is no excuse.Either you are 24x7, or you are not!
Really nice to see that kind of service from Tata. Though I have had a completely different experience with them, waiting for 1.5hours in their A-One Motors dealership to get a TD of the Vista back in '09
Old 16th September 2010, 02:18   #9
BHPian

Quick update on the situation-

Got many calls from Hyundai Service people yesterday asking about the issues and when can I bring the car for inspection. I had been waiting for this and sent my car to HMP this morning. My cousin took the car there as I'd fallen sick last night; as I'd expected he missed out on mentioning a few problems and exaggerated others- like pick up on CNG!! How can any one compare it with the NHC he has?

I would call the service manager Mr. Ankur Sharma, a very polite and responsive person tomorrow morning to clarify things my cousin missed out on.

I'm hoping to get my ride back tomorrow evening!

Cheers!
-AB
Old 18th September 2010, 01:36   #10
BHPian

HMP have sorted out all the issues. (touchwood)

Mr. Johny Chand, a very friendly senior advisor handled my case. He got the car checked thoroughly for all major faults and got them rectified.

Mods, please close this thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks