Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 18:39   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

BMW launches the largest dealership in the luxury car segment in India

In whats clearly a case of one-upmanship, BMW wants to show who's the boss!

Highpoints:

- The opening of the second sales & service facility of Bird Automotive, Gurgaon. Spread over 110,000 sq ft, the 4S facility has a showroom, after-sales service facility, spare parts and business systems all under one roof. This is the largest yet for a luxury car marque. And what better place than North India, the country's largest luxury car market!

- The new showroom is located at the Industrial Development Colony, Gurgaon.

- The showroom will display 9 cars in an urban street display style. The workshop has 14 service bays and 3 diagnostic bays that can service up to 60 cars per day.

- Bird Automotive has employed over 100 people in Gurgaon. Bird has provided its staff with training at BMW’s centers in Singapore, Malaysia and Germany.

BMW launches the largest dealership in the luxury car segment in India-cm4_1001.jpg
Old 23rd September 2010, 19:04   #2
BHPian

Very convincing. They are driving the message that they are here to stay and fora long long time.
Old 23rd September 2010, 19:16   #3
Team-BHP Support

Are you actually able to walk in and buy parts only ?
Old 24th September 2010, 16:51   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Are you actually able to walk in and buy parts only ?
I doubt, unless you get the parts fitted from them as well.
Old 24th September 2010, 17:03   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Bird Automotive has employed over 100 people in Gurgaon. Bird has provided its staff with training at BMW’s centers in Singapore, Malaysia and Germany.
So all these 100 people actually went to these countries for training. I think this is first of its kind in India.
Old 24th September 2010, 18:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

Interesting. It sounds awesome and oneupmanship only on paper. In reality, its a mad jostle to get to the place. If only they'd located it somewhere more accessible and truly upmarket like the Galaxy Hotel, Gurgaon or the mall opposite. The IDC is erm ... downmarket - stuffed between one of NCR's largest Maruti service center (Apra) and a craps**t Tata ASC (Dhingra motors) amidst a decidedly low-brow industrial area (aint no DLF phase II corporate HQ, this IDC). Will be interesting to see the luxobarges wade through the regular 6" deep, 50m long section of water that collects before Apra

Like someone said, lies, damned lies and statistics.

Seen this from outside on the weekend, as grand, but overall impact nowhere as posh as the Ambi mall outlet or Audi gurgaon or Mercedes showroom (along with the associated full-building ad that they had).

/don't drive a luxobarge nor intend to own one anytime soon
//word for the day - keechad mai kamal !!
@anon: It'd be costlier to get the Germans to come over and give detailed training - SG & KL would be cheaper places

Last edited by phamilyman : 24th September 2010 at 18:23.
Old 24th September 2010, 18:39   #7
Team-BHP Support

I'd agree with that ^^. Its the worst possible location for a super luxury brand.
Old 25th September 2010, 19:10   #8
BHPian

Yes. Agreed. Location could have been way better. But IMO that's what Gurgaon leaves for investors. To create a Sales+Service facility within city limits...where would you go? Very restricted options I am told.

BTW, do we have any big Sales cum Service facility in Gurgaon's swanky areas. Sadly, IDC is the only place where I see big integrated facilities within Gurgaon city limits. I hope it gets better with time. More organization plus paved roads.

The bitter reality is service stations are not welcomed in Gurgaon. For my other car (Ford) the service outlet has moved out 12 kms from city centre and they do not offer pick up and drop facility. Something within the city is good enough I feel. Rest I cuss the town planners.
Old 25th September 2010, 23:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

^^agreed.
:shocked IDC, why o' why?

Toyota/Merc/Ford/Maruti all are there. Why does that weird place attract car companies, need to research.
Old 25th September 2010, 23:34   #10
Team-BHP Support

Was there (in press experts) any mention of BMW coming out with their Motorcycling range? Any hint?
Thanks for the info
Old 26th September 2010, 00:50   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Bird Auto already have a showroom in the upmarket Ambience Mall in Gurgaon, that too is located on the prime slot. They have come up with this new showroom to rival Audi, which has a HUGE showroom on Golf Course Road near sec-56 which has almost every Audi sold in India on display.

I guess this is the same showroom where the new Refreshed X-5 was launched.
Old 26th September 2010, 19:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

Anshuman,

you are correct. They should've made something like the audi showroom, which is now a landmark of sorts (it was earlier amity gol chakkar, now its audi chowk! ).

@sniper/beamer: agree. limited choices companies have.
Old 26th September 2010, 20:58   #13
Senior - BHPian

@phamilyman: BMW is cash rich and I think after having a nice small boutique at Ambience Mall they should have ventured and stretched the city limit and have a small private track to let the owners have fun and learn what their machines can do and the pits could have worked as servicing bay in part.

With that setup I am sure no one will be looking at the competition. Guess I just day dream
Old 27th September 2010, 15:23   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
So all these 100 people actually went to these countries for training.
No ways! I'd think only a couple of Senior Technicians went for training abroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
The IDC is erm ... downmarket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Its the worst possible location for a super luxury brand.
Hmmmm. Interesting POV.

Even in Bombay, Mercedes & Audi have prime showroom locations. Don't recollect any BMW dealership in South Mumbai (an area which is considered upmarket).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Was there (in press experts) any mention of BMW coming out with their Motorcycling range?
When there is, we'll be the first to let you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
They have come up with this new showroom to rival Audi, which has a HUGE showroom on Golf Course Road near sec-56 which has almost every Audi sold in India on display.
Audi's showroom in Bombay is also amongst the best. Very impressive frontage & overall panache. After a slow start, they are sure working hard on the visibility factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
and have a small private track to let the owners have fun and learn what their machines can do and the pits could have worked as servicing bay in part.
Soon, all the North India BHPians will have their own track to play on. Yup, the Jaypee Group intends to rent out the track through the non-F1 weekends.
Old 27th September 2010, 15:47   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Soon, all the North India BHPians will have their own track to play on. Yup, the Jaypee Group intends to rent out the track through the non-F1 weekends.
Yeah! We all await the launch, I even got a ready apartment in GNoida weekend program will be fixed post F1 2011

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks