Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2010, 12:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Khivraj Motors, Chennai

Today was not the first time i have had a bad experience while attempting to get our Maruti cars serviced at Khivraj Motors. Each time we have made an appointment and made to wait for a long time before i have had to talk to a supervisor to get a service person to attend to my car. Today the same happened and to add insult i was told by one of the supervisors by name Satish that 'i am only a customer'. I guess according to Khivraj Motors they don't really care whether we buy Maruti cars or not as Maruti has a monopoly in this market anyways. Also, cars that came to the workshop after mine were being serviced and based on my observation i can say that the service guys have some sort of nexus by which they operate favoring certain customers over others, whether they are individuals or fleet cars.

I had a similar service problem earlier with Khivraj Motors. I had given my SX4 for regular paid service and there was a minor problem with the alternator wire that ihad asked them to fix and they supposedly fixed when i picked up the car. The problem recurred two days after getting the car back from service. This time i met the manager John and he got the problem rectified.

I would not be upset if someone had told me that there was a delay and asked me if i wouldn't mind waiting. No one did. And the arrogant behaviour of Satish , who is supposed to be a customer relations person didn't make things any easier.

The reason for this post is to warn other members about the shoddy service at Khivraj Motors and to those who are thinking of buying a new Maruti car assuming that their service network is good. Think again. I would never buy another Maruti car based on the shoddy service experience i have had with Khivraj Motors.

Last edited by nickatnite : 21st October 2010 at 12:34.
Old 21st October 2010, 12:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
Satish that 'i am only a customer'
@Nickatnite - I couldn't quite understand the above; are you saying you shouldn't be called as a customer? I know you didn't mean that, but I couldn't understand that statement.

More over there's no monopoly with Khivraj I guess; these days there're so many options & so many service centres of M.A.S.S spreaded out in the country. Yeah, if he were really arrogant then its something bad. But what was the incident that happened there? Could you brief out for us pls?

You may want to try MSM at Ekattuthangal from next time.
Old 21st October 2010, 15:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

I think it amounts to "you are after all a customer". Who else they are supposed to serve, I fail to understand.

So long as your car is under warranty, take it to MSM. They are not perfect, but I will give them 8 out of 10, and that is the best as for as authorized work shops are concerned IMO. And people are always very polite. The only problem is the crowd, and for this reason I always fix up my service for the mid-week.

Khivraj have always been a slick and arrogant lot. I bought a KB 100 RTZ from them a long time ago, and decided to stay away from them as well as the Bajaj brand forever.

Last edited by Gansan : 21st October 2010 at 15:23.
Old 21st October 2010, 16:54   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Today was not the first time i have had a bad experience while attempting to get our Maruti cars serviced at Khivraj Motors. Each time we have made an appointment and made to wait for a long time before i have had to talk to a supervisor to get a service person to attend to my car. Today the same happened and to add insult i was told by one of the supervisors by name Satish that 'i am only a customer'. I guess according to Khivraj Motors they don't really care whether we buy Maruti cars or not as Maruti has a monopoly in this market anyways. Also, cars that came to the workshop after mine were being serviced and based on my observation i can say that the service guys have some sort of nexus by which they operate favoring certain customers over others, whether they are individuals or fleet cars.

I had a similar service problem earlier with Khivraj Motors. I had given my SX4 for regular paid service and there was a minor problem with the alternator wire that ihad asked them to fix and they supposedly fixed when i picked up the car. The problem recurred two days after getting the car back from service. This time i met the manager John and he got the problem rectified.

I would not be upset if someone had told me that there was a delay and asked me if i wouldn't mind waiting. No one did. And the arrogant behaviour of Satish , who is supposed to be a customer relations person didn't make things any easier.

The reason for this post is to warn other members about the shoddy service at Khivraj Motors and to those who are thinking of buying a new Maruti car assuming that their service network is good. Think again. I would never buy another Maruti car based on the shoddy service experience i have had with Khivraj Motors.
Nickatnite,
Could you clarify whether this is the Khivraj at Mount road (behind saffire)?
I too had bought my WagonR from them, but quickly moved to MSM from 2005 and have established a good relationship with them.
As others have pointed, you could consider MSM, if you need help, please contact.
Also Maruti is no longer a monopoly and in fact had set some of the industry standards in quality of service and cost of spares and service.
It is the only Indian company that has cared enough to open its own service set up which is MSM.
So in my experience Maruti is good but there may be some problems which can be sorted out.
If your problem is serious enough, you may consider contacting Maruti regional office near Gemini.
This action will work like medicine to any of the Maruti service station.

HC
Old 21st October 2010, 19:01   #5
BHPian

I think it is unfair to generalize the dealer. I took delivery of my car from Khivraj Adyar, and I bet you certainly are treated as a valued customer. So be specific on which location you are talking about.
Old 21st October 2010, 21:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

^ ^ @funnyguru
My experience was with Khivraj Mount road. I visited them way back in 1989 when they were Bajaj dealers, and never went back.
Old 22nd October 2010, 01:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Nickatnite - I couldn't quite understand the above; are you saying you shouldn't be called as a customer? I know you didn't mean that, but I couldn't understand that statement.

More over there's no monopoly with Khivraj I guess; these days there're so many options & so many service centres of M.A.S.S spreaded out in the country. Yeah, if he were really arrogant then its something bad. But what was the incident that happened there? Could you brief out for us pls?

You may want to try MSM at Ekattuthangal from next time.
The guy meant ' i'm only a customer' in a deragatory way. And, this isn't the first time this has happened for me to get riled. I've been made to endure long waits and shoddy service repeatedly over a period of time with me having to take one of the cars back to get problems rectified and the workshop is run in a most unprofessional manner. I've been patient for this long before i decided i have had enough. I'll try MSM next time and thanks for the tip.
Old 22nd October 2010, 01:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
I think it is unfair to generalize the dealer. I took delivery of my car from Khivraj Adyar, and I bet you certainly are treated as a valued customer. So be specific on which location you are talking about.
The location is Mount Road behind the old Safire theater lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City
Nickatnite,
Could you clarify whether this is the Khivraj at Mount road (behind saffire)?
I too had bought my WagonR from them, but quickly moved to MSM from 2005 and have established a good relationship with them.
Khivraj Mount Road and thanks for the MSM info.

@Gansan

I would have let it slide this time around too if i hadn't had to put up with snide remarks. I did complain to Maruti's office in Chennai and a person by name Jagdish said he would talk to the owner of Khivraj Motors. I hope he does.

Last edited by nickatnite : 22nd October 2010 at 01:36.
Old 22nd October 2010, 09:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The guy meant ' i'm only a customer' in a deragatory way.
That is no way talking to a customer!!!

Quote:
And, this isn't the first time this has happened for me to get riled.
Then, why have you been visiting them at all? Simply change the M.A.S.S @Nikanite; C'mon, there're so many M.A.S.S workshops all over Chennai, if Khivraj doesn't wants to service, so let him be. Let him enjoy watching his entire workshop turn blank.

Quote:
I've been made to endure long waits and shoddy service repeatedly over a period of time with me having to take one of the cars back to get problems rectified and the workshop is run in a most unprofessional manner.
Quote:
I've been patient for this long before i decided i have had enough. I'll try MSM next time and thanks for the tip.
MSM is best from what I've heared; you can also approach Cars India, they're better. But like Gansan sir says, try to give them during weekdays or take an appointment well ahead & ensure that your car is the first to get inside the workshop.

Quote:
I did complain to Maruti's office in Chennai and a person by name Jagdish said he would talk to the owner of Khivraj Motors. I hope he does.
They do take complaints seriously & this guy's attitude will change; try visiting the same guy for the next time & you'll see the change I've experienced it once, but that was during Khattar's time.
Old 8th January 2017, 16:44   #10
BHPian

Khivraj Pearl Renault Anna Salai, Chennai and car parts "lost" during service.

Should have recorded this long back. finally got around to doing this.

I have had consistently bad experiences with the above dealer when giving my Duster for servicing. I have given it for servicing about 4 times so far.
a) My second and third service visits - I found an inordinate amount of diesel being used up(inconsistent with the elapsed odometer reading during service). The third visit, I even pointed to my bad experience the previous time, and asked the service rep to ensure it doesn't recur, but to no avail - diesel was siphoned off once again.
b) The third visit - I couldn't find my pen drive with my songs. When I reached home, realized it(the pen drive socket is in the glove compartment and is hence hidden away from ready view) and called them up, I was told by the serivce rep that he has it "at his home" and shall return it. After that, I had to visit the dealership 3 more times over 2 months before I got it back. Taking customers' possessions home seems to be standard practice here.
c) Fourth visit - I had had the dealer pick up the car from my home. I have replaced the OEM music system with a CASKA system which has a cable for a normal USB drive and a white cable for connecting apple products in the glove cabinet. When I got my car back, I found the white iPad cable missing. Repeated enquiries and complaints were of no avail. The service rep maintained they didn't know anything about it. I whatsapped the owner of Khivraj Renault Pearl, Mr Arihant, who promised to look into it, but never did. My white iPad cable(quite expensive as one can imagine) is gone for ever.

Khivraj Pearl seems to have a penchant for missing items in the car. So be doubly sure when you take your car back, and especially when you give it in - don't leave back anything that can be "misplaced".

Wonder if Khivraj even bothers about the reputation it is building.

Last edited by HighwayBuddha : 8th January 2017 at 16:47.
HighwayBuddha is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2017, 16:49   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Khivraj Pearl Renault Anna Salai, Chennai and car parts "lost" during service.

@HighwayBuddha, feels bad to hear about losing stuff from the cars - stuff that we so carefully put into our cars.

However, I say -we need to be careful of our stuff. Pendrives, cables etc are easy to remove. And we wont know who did it.

Reg Diesel - best to keep fuel levels low.

These things happen far more regularly.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2017, 17:02   #12
Senior - BHPian

Re: Khivraj Pearl Renault Anna Salai, Chennai and car parts "lost" during service.

The problem with this particular service centre is that they are overloaded with vehicles. Anytime of the year, their service registry is overbooked. Their shoddy job is down to frustration from having to meet their daily quota of overbooked service vehicles. I've had my bad experiences with them during my service visits. Finally, I've decided to drop them completely and drive down to OMR service centre, albeit, living stone's throw away from Mount Road service centre. If you're tired of their service, I'd suggest the OMR centre. Very professional, huge bays to take more vehicles and their staff to vehicle ratio is much better.

Having said all that, I'd kindly suggest you remove pendrive, charger and all other personal belongings from the car before you hand it over to them. Trust me, it's not their business to guarantee the safety of your items in the car. If you notice the number of people who handle your car, there's no way to find out the culprit. I absolutely remove everything, including the puncture repair kit when I hand my Lodgy to them. Better safe than sorry in my humble opinion.
Old 8th January 2017, 21:30   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

There are so many such complaints against Khivraj - Mount Road and they don't seen to care or improve

Leave apart the pen drives and cables, the Renault logo metal key chain (came along with the car during delivery) gone missing once.
Old 8th January 2017, 21:30   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Having said all that, I'd kindly suggest you remove pendrive, charger and all other personal belongings from the car before you hand it over to them. Trust me, it's not their business to guarantee the safety of your items in the car. If you notice the number of people who handle your car, there's no way to find out the culprit. I absolutely remove everything, including the puncture repair kit when I hand my Lodgy to them. Better safe than sorry in my humble opinion.
Absolutely. I am wiser now. The irony is I never used to have any issues with DSC Hyundai or HMP (for my Santro) or Sundaram Honda (for my City). In fact, I had by mistake once left some money in my City and Sundaram Honda promptly returned it to me. DSC used to have the process of putting all such items in a polythene bag and storing in their service center for returning with the car. Maybe I have been lulled into complacence by their good service.

Thanks - I will indeed go to Khivraj OMR in future(Is there any option outside of Khivraj in Chennai?). And will ensure all extraneous items are secured before sending in my car.
Old 8th January 2017, 23:23   #15
BHPian

Khivraj motors were doing fabulous job when it was headed by services GM -Mr.Suresh, I used to service my swift ( 2008-13) in their ekkaduthangal branch, to fix some issue, i was directed to mount road, the man who volunteered me was suresh and later did i know he was the GM. Techie brains and promt approach, sometimes the advisor insisted for changing few parts, still the GM intervened and opposed, not many people are hardcore service guys. later this gentleman moved to v3 hyundai

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks