Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2010, 18:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ring Road Honda Dealer- A Non-BHPian needs our help.

Hi BHPians.

I'm searching for some email IDs of some Honda guys (not the customer care number) that should be able to help someone who has bought an ANHC without doing a thorough PDI as per Team-BHP guidelines and is now facing some issues.

All I could find here was the Honda helpline number.

Dealer- Ring Road Honda dealer, Moti Nagar.

A 10 lac Rupees spent on ANHC by this gentleman that had the following issues at the time of delivery:

- Temporary number not alloted. That means the car can't be driven on the roads. SM said it will take 2-3 days.

- Dirty car inside out. Mud on pedals and mats, grease near dashboard, dirty exteriors with mud marks.

- Scratches on the bonnet

- USB port of the music system not working

- Range(DTE) on MID showing zero (This may not be an issue as some cars have to be driven for a few 100km before they accurately display range)

- He had specifically asked for October manufactured model but got delivery of September make model (not really an issue IMO but it is for him since he had asked for Oct model at the time of booking).

Only Team-BHP can do something for him at speed. Hope we can be generous to help him out.

(CarWale link can't be posted on team-BHP but he has started a thread over there which you can search.
Title: Can I still return / change my car?
by SpyEdge)

@MODs: I've posted this thread with good intentions of helping out someone. I hope it is fine even if the person is not a BHPian.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 29th October 2010 at 18:04. Reason: typo
Old 29th October 2010, 18:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

Taking delivery was the buyer's fault. Also no Temp Number is not possible in Delhi. The RTO rules for any manufacturer is for applying TC for Engine and Chassis number.

Rest the owner should have followed the checklist. Ring Road Honda is where I too got my car. The sales team is notoriously and I can imagine cheating gullible subjects. They are snooty and lack skills to sell a car, also they are inapt to make correct delivery. In my case Michelin was asked for but they gave Goodyear which I refused and after 1 hour of their internal calls were changed to Michs.

I tested all equipments for its proper functions even took my 1st gen iPod and also USB drives to check the music system, by end of my inspection the sales team and my mother were visibly peckish. I had to cut shot the test for read power windows and that is where I face issue now, the service team says its ok, but to me its slower than the other windows. I own the mistake.

Manufacturing date for September and October should be a non issue as it is not that all colors are done in same batch, the color and variants are what governs. However, RR Honda should have let him know this in advance. These minor things spoil the ecstatic mood of taking delivery. I can empathies as I too went through it. I held on to my composure and just asked them to cancel my booking if they are not in mood to go by my wishes. To which they made fanatic calls and got the tires changed and got the car vacuumed again.

The dealer can not force a delivery, your friend has signed the dotted line and that was when they must have slackened the proceedings or acted atrociously snooty.

I would recommend you talk to higher ups at RR Honda, I found the GM at Gurgaon to be a nice chap.

Honda themselves will call and your friend can narrate the story to which action is taken.

Cheers!
Old 29th October 2010, 18:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

PaddleShifter:

What is the current status?

My observations:

- Temp number : bad on the dealers part. But that, I think it definitely a non-issue now.

- Dirt : not something that is unheard of. I hope you friend got them to clean it up throughly before he took delivery. A non-issue now.

- Scratches: What have the dealer told that they will do about this? Was this identified and noted by the dealer when you took delivery or at least within the next few days. What is the stand of the dealer on this?

- Music system: ask for a warranty replacement of the audio unit.

- Range : you have addressed it.

- Manufacturing date: If your friend has asked for a specific manufacturing date, he should have checked to make sure before signing on the registration form. Don't think you will get any help on this as this is a non-issue (unless the vehicle has some serious issues to it).

If you ask me, I do not see much of an issue that should get your friend worried, apart from the loss of the happiness and satisfaction of getting a new car. MHO!

Last edited by HappyWheels : 29th October 2010 at 18:48.
Old 29th October 2010, 18:49   #4
BANNED

Its the buyers fault. He took note of everything which is wrong in the car and still took the delivery !
Old 29th October 2010, 21:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I have written in the very first line that he didn't do PDI. He wanted to make full payment before delivery. I had warned him 2-3 times about the consequences of the same.

Dirt & scratches- Many cars get these at the dealership's stockyard and I know this is not an issue as one can clean it at home later but it is the duty of the dealerships to take care of it before delivery. It doesn't feel good to drive away a car in such condition.

The main issue is that the temporary number has been allotted but the RC of temp number wasn't provided & second issue is faulty ICE USB.

What I want is that it would be better if he can contact some Honda customer care so that they can resolve these trivial issues.

That fellow is planning to take some legal action for this and I don't think he's doing the right thing.

BTW he isn't my friend as well. Just trying to help him as he looks sad, judging from his posts.
Old 29th October 2010, 22:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
He wanted to make full payment before delivery. I had warned him 2-3 times about the consequences of the same.
Well some people learn the hard way. You can't really help them. Team-BHP PDI list is the best thing which can happen to a prospective buyer. Ignore it at your own risk.

But by an large it seems that the issues your friend is facing are cosmetic. Will be sorted out. No major defects. Yes the buying experience stands spoiled but then THE PDI list was not followed.
Old 29th October 2010, 23:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What I want is that it would be better if he can contact some Honda customer care so that they can resolve these trivial issues.

That fellow is planning to take some legal action for this and I don't think he's doing the right thing...
I think he can get the contact details from Honda site itself; well, you will probably get more contact details if you search posts over the forum. But frankly, nothing much to do, except that they will say sorry and ask the dealer to replace HU, give a free wash - all done with a big fake smile on their face.

And please, legal action? He is only adding to his own miseries! He seems to have rushed thru the whole buying thing and now trying to rush thru another! If he is more than a friend to you, I hope he listens to you when you tell him to back off.
Old 31st October 2010, 23:34   #8
BHPian

Temp. no is not alloted in Delhi.It is only for vehicles who are either to be registered outside Delhi,or have come to delhi from another state for registration.
Also there is no RC for a temp. no.What you get in delhi is a TRADING CERTIFICATE or TC No.(which has to be used by the dealer for travelling between the dealership and the registration authority).you can use the TC For 2-3 days only before getting a permanent registraion.

If the car hasnt been registered this means that your friend is still not the owner and incase you want the car to be changed/replaced then it would be better that you donot get the car registered in your name..

Last edited by ankit.jhamb : 31st October 2010 at 23:36.
Old 31st October 2010, 23:50   #9
Senior - BHPian

Over here in Chandigarh, cars are released from the showroom/dealership with a temporary number. There is a paper RC or something that "acts" like a RC and this number is valid for 1 month.
Means you have to apply for permanent registration within 1 month and then this temporary number is given additionally validity of one month as the smart card takes approx. one month for arrival.

Anyways, there are no updates from that member. He isn't my friend either. Had been replying to his "What car" threads for the past one month so was aware of his enthusiasm, expectations and excitement levels. That's why decided to help him on humanitarian grounds.

He said he is considering to take legal help which I believe is not the appropriate step here. All that is required is that his trivial issues be resolved, Honda should be told about this dealer's deed and Honda can set things right for this member.
Old 1st November 2010, 09:52   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Over here in Chandigarh, cars are released from the showroom/dealership with a temporary number. There is a paper RC or something that "acts" like a RC and this number is valid for 1 month.
Means you have to apply for permanent registration within 1 month and then this temporary number is given additionally validity of one month as the smart card takes approx. one month for arrival.

Yes,in chandigarh or any where in haryana,you get a temp. no. first and then a permanent registration within 1 month.
However Delhi has an online registration system,all dealers except for a few have been alloted a specific no. series and they can register the car themselves.New dealers or dealers with low sales volume are not given a specific series, and they have to follow the normal paperwork system through the registration authority and so they are given a 2 day period to get the car registered.
Old 1st November 2010, 17:33   #11
Senior - BHPian

No point in going the legal way, unless it is something major. Instead, you can try and get in touch with Mr. Yadur Kapoor the MD of BAS Engineering Pvt. Ltd. they own the dealership. I do not have his current contact details but these days you are most likely to find him at the BMW dealership on Mathura road, his company owns that dealership too. Given my interactions with him from when I bought my OHC in '98 from RR Honda he is a very reasonable, calm and composed gentleman and surely will be inclined to have the various issues sorted out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks