Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2010, 14:28   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Sad to know about this incident. Its a freak thing as never heard anything of that sort happen before.

I feel both options were good.

a) Getting a brand new bonnet and twist their arm for discount would have been a good option

b) Getting a new car is a no brainer the best option

If i were in your shoes, i would have gone with option a) and saved some really good bucks.

Goodluck on the next delivery date.
Old 5th November 2010, 17:35   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Matching a painted bonnet is near impossible, unless they replace it with the bonnet of the same batch and colour.

But as I understand there is no way the company will ship a factory painted bonnet to you, they will ship a bare non-painted spare and that will get painted by the dealer.

Your options :

a) if they have stock of the same colour/ batch vehicle anywhere nearby, get only the bonnet swapped.

b) Dont take delivery.
This is exactly what I understand and believe. GM or for that matter any automobile company will not send a pre-painted replacement part to the dealer. This is the dealer's job to paint the part once he receives it. Thus I am skeptical about the claims of the MD that he could get me a pre-painted bonet from the factory. Thus I rejected this offer.

Also, the dealer has confirmed that this particular color is not available ready with the company. So it will be made to order and also, the color is not with any dealer from whom it can be sourced. Thus, I will have to wait for atleast 45 days. No other option unless I decide to change the color, which again, is not an option for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I feel you should take the delivery and the MDs offer. Since the bonnet will be coming from the factory I dont feel you should be worried about the paint much. It is still a brand new car plus you can ofcourse get some more discount on it.
I dont see any point in pushing for a new vehicle. But ofcourse Its your hard earned money and if you feel you cannot digest the new bonnet then please go for a new vehicle( though i personally feel they will create issues with it and you might have to go through a lot of mental agony before getting a brand new vehicle). So if you feel its worth the effort then surely go for a new vehicle.
I have rejected this option for the reason I mentioned above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
^Totally agree with you there!!
Replacement parts always come bare!
The dealership paint booth has to paint them to match the car's color!

Then again, paint matching by paintbooths of dealerships is total crap due to the complete lack of skill/workmanship/finishing + also as they are plain lazy to match the color as they 'believe' that its impossible to get a 100% match! lol

(It is possible!!!)

If I were you, I'd tell the dealer to get a new piece from the factory.
(why should we just go along with the dealership's mistakes?)
I doubt the credentials and abilities of this dealer in matching the paint after this mishap at their showroom! Imagine the dealer and his mechanics/staff were so callous that they allowed a dent to happen on a new brand vehicle! Also, what surprises me is that no one noticed it and this vehicle was there for all to see. They took pride in it! Still no one noticed a dent which was screaming in the face of everyone! I doubt that they can even match black with black. Here we are talking about a metallic white which the company sells at a premium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
What was the cause for the dent? Sorry if uve already mentioned it.

If he can get you a factory painted bonnet then why not give it a shot? Afterall if the rest of the car seems fine, then you will save yourself more than a month of waiting.

Also even if you cant get a factory painted bonnet, why not give them a shot at colour matching? From whatever little ive seen nowadays, colour matching is done quite well. And it is mainly a problem with older cars, where the paint shade has faded a bit, and then some part is repainted which looks new. But since your car is new, the newly painted bonnet should match just fine.
I "think" that the mechanic/staff who was asked to install the sill plates dropped the drill machine on the bonet but I am not sure about it. The staff were claiming ignorance about the whole incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Sad to know about this incident. Its a freak thing as never heard anything of that sort happen before.

I feel both options were good.

a) Getting a brand new bonnet and twist their arm for discount would have been a good option

b) Getting a new car is a no brainer the best option

If i were in your shoes, i would have gone with option a) and saved some really good bucks.

Goodluck on the next delivery date.
To be honest with you, this discount thing did come to my mind especially when the MD of the dealership himself offered it. However, I denied it as I was really heart broken to see tears in my wife's eyes. Also, I did not want to take a chance considering that the color could be different on the new bonet.
Old 5th November 2010, 17:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

^^ hey if the color difference is your only concern then i suggest you go for it. Because, color should be matched as the body shop uses as the same paint as it is used in the factory. Also, speak to GM customer care and if they promise to send a "factory made" bonnet I dont see any reason why should not accept the car with a good discount.
Old 5th November 2010, 19:39   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Wait for the car, mate. This time they will ensure nobody drops anything heavy on it, you can be sure of that! A couple of months is worth it, especially considering the car will in all probability be a 2011 manufactured (direct impact on resale value).

And forgive me for saying this, but there is no "auspicious" time to take delivery of a car. Whenever you get it is the auspicious moment!
Old 8th November 2010, 14:24   #20
BHPian

BTW, did you check whether the dent was only on the bonnet or whether any other part under the bonnet was dented? Did they mention how the dent had happened? Please ascertain if there is any other damage other than that visible. A painted bonnet is nothing new and not something that one has to worry about. Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks