Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2010, 10:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

i found my local dealer (Genuss Motors) to be very good i had some flaws in the paint and they handled it very professionally

as for the delivery i told the dealer i was in a hurry and would take any colour and variant of the tdi. I was given the car within 18 days
Old 13th November 2010, 10:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

I think it is quite normal that you haven't received your Polo in 3 months. All dealerships are giving a commitment but none of them stand by it. I got mine after a near 4 month wait!
Old 13th November 2010, 10:58   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
This thread exists because I know half a dozen polo's have been delivered in Bangalore alone, that is what is raising by blood pressure. Looking for explanations and guidance on how to tackle these impostors.
October sales figures

VW
Passat : 59
Jetta : 281
Beetle : 44
Polo : 2344
Vento: 1615
Phaeton : 0

If the dealer is telling you that production is not started yet, he is a plain lier. Confront him with these figures.

Murthy
Old 13th November 2010, 11:09   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinimurthy View Post
If the dealer is telling you that production is not started yet, he is a plain lier. Confront him with these figures.

Murthy
Polo 1.6 will be a very small proportion of those. I don't know why VW launches so many variants if they can't keep up with the demand.
Old 13th November 2010, 14:25   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinimurthy View Post
October sales figures

VW
Passat : 59
Jetta : 281
Beetle : 44
Polo : 2344
Vento: 1615
Phaeton : 0

Murthy
I'm aware of these figures, here we are specific to the production and sales of Polo 1.6. These figures are combined for all variants of Polo.
Old 15th November 2010, 11:28   #21
BHPian

I too have booked a Polo 1.6 on Sept 22nd and had a commitment of January 22nd delivery. But now the tone of mails and discussions with the dealer seem to indicate that Jan 22nd delivery wont happen. They are trying to manage by expectations by saying that a realistic date would be sometime in Feb.

Dont know why VW cant communicate facts about these delays. Sometimes the dealer says production is delayed since they want to time it for Jan deliveries since a Nov or Dec delivery is not preferred by Indians as a Jan delivery means it is a 2011 model and Dec is 2010 model and resale values gets affected. I have heard too from the dealer that they are focusing on delivering Fabia 1.6 which is a newer launch and cant provide engines to both the models.

Etios chances are getting better thanks to VW. Toyota must be loving it!!
Old 15th November 2010, 11:43   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkateshkm View Post
I too have booked a Polo 1.6 on Sept 22nd and had a commitment of January 22nd delivery. But now the tone of mails and discussions with the dealer seem to indicate that Jan 22nd delivery wont happen. They are trying to manage by expectations by saying that a realistic date would be sometime in Feb.

Dont know why VW cant communicate facts about these delays. Sometimes the dealer says production is delayed since they want to time it for Jan deliveries since a Nov or Dec delivery is not preferred by Indians as a Jan delivery means it is a 2011 model and Dec is 2010 model and resale values gets affected. I have heard too from the dealer that they are focusing on delivering Fabia 1.6 which is a newer launch and cant provide engines to both the models.

Etios chances are getting better thanks to VW. Toyota must be loving it!!
Vow, this is exactly what the dealer told me. For once there is some consistency across their communication dept. And as you rightly say, VW might have left itself vulnerable to competition due to its inability to scale up and grab numbers in time. Who did their business plan by the way, it seems to have gone upside down.

Most Viewed