Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2010, 14:40   #1
BHPian

Review : Service at Cauver Ford Binny Stone, Bangalore

Hi Guys,

I have been searching for a good authorized service centre as my Ikon was due for a service.

Had been with Metro Ford, Bangalore for the last 5 years, but was dissapointed with their treatment in the last 2 services.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2118876-post29.html

Decided to try Cauvery Ford at Binny Stone Garden on Magadi Road - Cauvery Ford (Cauvery Ford is back in Bangalore. New dealership at Binnyston Garden) even though it was far away from my residence, and setup an appointment on Saturday 4th Dec 2010.

My Ikon is a 2005 make and had covered 23200 kms
Last service done at around 16k kms.

Requested for:
1. Regular Service
2. Squeaking sound from the front left suspension

Service advisor(SA) Deepak Kumar Dass (9686699533) suggested to go for the 20k service. The SA was patient throughout and answered all my queries without any fuss.

Got a call from the SA around 1 pm that the "Ball Joint needs Replacement" (it has started rusting) as it had gone weak but it is not a major concern as of now (since they have lubricated the same). Can get it replaced if the sound increases or when required and will cost around 4500/-. Another call around 3pm that my vehicle is ready for delivery.

Note: I was not forced to go in for the replacement.

After the service, the SA explained each of the tasks carried out patiently.

About the facility:
A very spacious facility with seperate entrance to show-room and service.
Saw a lot of cars being serviced but still had decent amount of space left.

Overall worth a visit and will stick to them for the next service as well.

Bill Breakup:
Attached Thumbnails
Review : Service at Cauver Ford Binny Stone, Bangalore-cauvery-ford-service-bill-breakup.jpg  

Old 21st December 2010, 19:20   #2
BHPian

Re: Review : Service at Cauver Ford Binny Stone, Bangalore

I gave my car for service at Cauvery Ford today. Took 2 hrs plus to reach the place ( I got lost couple of times and had to take my car through narrow streets before I reached the destination )

There was plenty of cars queued up for service. Surprisingly they are all mostly Ikons and Fiestas ( thought will see lot of Figos)

I was told upfront that it may take more than a day as for 40K servicing the checklist items run for 8 hours. vening I got a call that the ball joint is weak. I did not have any feedback or squeaking sound from the steering/suspension which would have suggested a failing ball joint.

As I ma planning a long drive shortyl I did not want to take risk and asked the SA to o ahead and replace it. But I am sceptical that the ball joint was actually due for replacement

-tortoise

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks