Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2010, 08:54   #1
BHPian

Experience with Skoda Dealerships in Pune (while purchasing Skoda Yeti)

During my search for Skoda Yeti,which I bought recently, I must admit that my experience with Skoda and their dealers has thus far been contrary to what I have been reading on the net. It has been fairly good.

The two Skoda dealers in Pune are Europa Auto and Asset Auto. I dealt with Europa Auto camp branch (near Inox theater) and asset Auto, Wagholi (on Pune-Ahmednagar highway) respectively.

I called both. Mr Kulkarni from Europa responded by sending a sales executive to collect the cheque for booking. The receipt came several days later though.

Asset Auto were the first to call to show the Yeti in real. Their manager and sales executive were pleasant and polite and kept the showroom open an additional 15 minutes. However, they said that they were collecting Rs 1,00,000 for the booking and deliveries could not be guaranteed before the end of February. Europa on the other hand collected on Rs 50,000.

While Asset were the first to show the Yeti, and despite calling them twice for road test, they first told me that they had no vehicle for road test and later they will call me and arrange for a TD. They said that they have more than 200 bookings and customers are lining up for test drive!

In the meantime Europa executive called me for TD. We carried out two relatively small test drives, and loved the car. They too were not optimistic about the delivery before January.

However, two days their sales executive called me end of November, and told me that I could get the vehicle immediately. I was given Black, Aqua Mist and White to choose from. I chose white.

The process thereafter was relatively smooth. They took us to their stock-yard which about 20 km from the showroom where we saw the car and went around with checklist to give OK for the registration process to begin. The car was delivered with temporary registration two days later, and I collected the number plate with permanent registration the next day.

Overall my experience with Europa has been fine, and I would recommend them over Asset.

The gentlemen from Asset Auto wer also nice and polite but they probably have too many bookings with them already and are over-worked.

However, this is only pre-sales and sales. I have no experience dealing with Skoda after sales service. I wait for my interaction with their service guys with trepidation.

I am also glad that hopefully that will happen only at the end of twelve months and 15,000 km later, and that by then Skoda would have further improved and ironed out the issues with their A.S.S.

So my choice for Skoda Cars in Pune is Europa Auto.

Swroop Kulkarni is their product manager and Uday the sales executive who dealt with our case. Their office phone (and I hope this does not violate the forum guidelines) is 020-40088800.

Last edited by SushilBajpai : 17th December 2010 at 08:56.
Old 26th December 2010, 00:12   #2

Re: Experience with Skoda Dealerships in Pune (while purchasing Skoda Yeti)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushilBajpai View Post
The car was delivered with temporary registration two days later, and I collected the number plate with permanent registration the next day.

Overall my experience with Europa has been fine, and I would recommend them over Asset. So my choice for Skoda Cars in Pune is Europa Auto.
Well, congrats on getting the new Yeti. You must be one of the first to drive it on Pune roads.
Though I would'nt like to discourage you, all dealers will treat you like kings to close their deals and hence was your experience. The problem with Skoda dealers are their after-sales and service jobs. They are still struggling to sort it out, even in Pune. Acumen motors was closed down as a result of this. Though you will enjoy driving your car, be aware of all the loopholes during your service intervals and always keep a private car mechanic who does premium cars as a backup. There are some great ones in Pune. So we Skoda owners can breathe a sigh of relief.
Enjoy!
Old 26th December 2010, 08:49   #3
BHPian

I know what you mean. I too am little apprehensive about Skoda *** - not because I have any first hand experience with them, but because of what I have been reading on the net. I hope they will be able to sort the things out in a couple of years.

In the meantime perhaps you could share your experience with private car garages who could handle these cars.
Old 26th December 2010, 09:31   #4

My second hand Octy had a couple of mechanical jobs to be done before I could have the feel of a "new" car. Apart from servicing, I also needed to check the front suspensions and the exhaust chamber as there was too much white smoke bellowing from it. On recommendation, I took my car to Velocity Motors on the Mumbai-Pune highway (opposite to Balewadi stadium). They scanned the car, found 8 faults, asked me to change the timing kit as the odo had clocked 78K with the factory timing kit.
The total bill including servicing, oil change etc ran up to 31K.

2 days past, my car started to throw problems - it felt more noisier in the inside and outside, there was a constant sound from the front suspension while maneuvering turns and extra lag after gear shifts.

Frustrated, I did not want to go back to them and listen to their excuses, so I began hunting for private mechanics online till I found Pramod Auto Scan, a new service center on Mumbai-Katraj highway. I called up the guy and told him the problems on phone, to which I got excellent technical explanations convincing enough to make me give take the car for a check up. He took a test ride and scanned under hood.
Two things were revealed - 1. The engine oil was never changed (at Velocity). He showed me using the dipstick that oil was still greasy and did not create a film.
2. I overpayed for the timing kit by 8K !!

I left my car at his garage for 2 days for the jobs to be completed as he required 1 day to source the parts. When I started the engine while taking delivery of the car, I was impressed. The noise was more than 50% lesser, the car revved more smoothly and the ride felt like an aircraft! It gave me the feeling I always wanted while driving a Skoda - of awesomeness. To top it all, the bill was just 8K, including oil change and labour!
10 days down, I still have not faced any issues with the car. So I can confirm that the job was well done.
You may Google up the name I mentioned above to find out more (also check your PM)
NeuroTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2011, 23:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

I am also looking at a pre-owned Octavia (AT, with diesel) and was recommended Velocity Motors (apparently they are 50% cheaper than A.S.S.
Looks like I have now better options.
Will call up Mr. Karkare (from Pramod Auto Scan) and talk.
Old 11th January 2011, 00:42   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroTurbo View Post
He showed me using the dipstick that oil was still greasy and did not create a film.
I doubt if even the most trained eyes can tell you this. Engine Oil in Diesel cars becomes dark and greasy within first few kilometers after the change.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 14:25   #7

[quote=NeuroTurbo;2186809] Pramod Auto Scan, a new service center on Mumbai-Katraj highway. I called up the guy and told him the problems on phone, to which I got excellent technical explanations convincing enough to make me give take the car for a check up. He took a test ride and scanned under hood.
Two things were revealed - 1. The engine oil was never changed (at Velocity). He showed me using the dipstick that oil was still greasy and did not create a film.
2. I overpayed for the timing kit by 8K !!

I left my car at his garage for 2 days for the jobs to be completed as he required 1 day to source the parts. When I started the engine while taking delivery of the car, I was impressed. The noise was more than 50% lesser, the car revved more smoothly and the ride felt like an aircraft! It gave me the feeling I always wanted while driving a Skoda - of awesomeness. To top it all, the bill was just 8K, including oil change and labour!
10 days down, I still have not faced any issues with the car. So I can confirm that the job was well done.

Hi Neuro Turbo. I'm a newbie in the form and have recently moved to Pune from Hyderabad. Currently own a 2004 Skoda Superb and was wondering if you still go to Pramod's place. How has your vehicle been performing? I need to service mine soon, so thought I would check. Thanks!
Old 22nd November 2011, 11:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

^Hi Ramesh,
You could visit him - though my experience with him has been mixed over the last one year.

He has a tendency to tell you that your engine needs work, your gearbox needs work etc.
I would suggest Tune Up Plus at Baner is a safer bet - at least there is a consistent positive review for the same.

You could find the exact location on Google maps.
Old 22nd November 2011, 13:56   #9
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

good bit of feedback
so far the experiences at Bangalore have been quite good.
hope this continues into ownership and after sales service as well!
Old 16th December 2011, 19:15   #10
BHPian

I see a slight glint of hope - Do the Skoda dealerships and ASCs seem to be improving or is it just me?

Can this be the effect of positioning themselves in the small car segment with the Fabia and now the mid-segment with Rapid - at those price points customers would be very sensitive to expensive spares and service. (Not saying that higher end car customers can be taken for a ride, but it does seem in India that haughtier the company the more prestigious the brand (Honda / Toyota for e.g. had not reduced prices till the Jazz fiasco)

What does everybody think?
Old 28th February 2012, 16:12   #11
BHPian

Europa is bad. Few minutes back I called up at the Wakad showroom and enquired about the Yeti. On asking for current offers and discount the Sales Exec told me that Skoda Shield can be provided for free. I asked him anything else and this is what he said "Sir aap offer ke liye gaadi kharid rahe ho ya kya? Ya gaadi lene ke liye offer puch rahe ho". Such a rude response!! And even on telling him that this attitude is not right and this now how you deal with a customer, he had no shame or guilt to atleast say sorry, rather he was willing to argue. I immediately hung up on him. There is no point talking to such guys. If I am not mistaken the Sales Exec name was Shakti.

On the other hand, Asset team was way too helpful. The next of my enquiry call, the Sales Exec at Asset, Wagholi, Pune got me test drive of both Laura and Yeti (next consecutive day) that too without any followup from me. The offer which Asset extended on Yeti 4X4 Elegance is INR 150000 (Flat Discount 1.35L+15K Corporate Discount.)

My suggestion - SKIP EUROPA.

One request : If anybody here at T-BHP knows someone senior at Pashankar Auto (Europa) or for that matter at SKODA, please raise this attitude issues with them.

Most Viewed