Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2011, 23:19   #16

Re: Honest Skoda Dealership in Mumbai /Navi Mumbai

A standard key should cost you around 3-3.5K and a remote embedded key could be upto 7K. So I guess you are getting 3 remote keys for the price of two. My suggestion - buy one and make sure you don't lose it! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Any idea as to how much the keys of an Octavia cost? The only key of mine broke, have been quoted 14k for a set of 3.
Old 7th January 2011, 13:15   #17
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroTurbo View Post
A standard key should cost you around 3-3.5K and a remote embedded key could be upto 7K. So I guess you are getting 3 remote keys for the price of two. My suggestion - buy one and make sure you don't lose it! :-)
Already purchased them, they cost 14k for a set of 2. Thanks anyways.
Old 10th January 2011, 22:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroTurbo View Post
Hi Bomi,

I gave my Octy at "Pramod Auto Scan", a relatively new (+5 months) workshop off Mumbai Katraj highway, about 9 kms from chandni chowk.
You'll get their details on any search engine. The workshop is total VFM.

Let me know if you have difficulty finding it.
Hi Neuro,
How much does regular servicing of Octavia cost?
A friend of mine has indicated that for every 6 months, he is spending around 10000 rupees. Overall in one year, the car runs 15K km and his maintenance cost is around 22K rupees.
Old 13th January 2011, 11:08   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Hi Neuro,
How much does regular servicing of Octavia cost?
A friend of mine has indicated that for every 6 months, he is spending around 10000 rupees. Overall in one year, the car runs 15K km and his maintenance cost is around 22K rupees.
Full servicing including oil change and labour costs at a decent garage should cost you about 7-7.5K.
The above assumes that synthetic oil change which is bit more expensive than regular oil.
Old 13th February 2011, 10:22   #20
BHPian

guys i am considering a skoda fabia 1.6 in mumbai can anyone tell me how autobahn as a dealer for service is ? jmd bhandup/ kalyan/ navi mumbai is too far for me to visit everytime i have an issue.
Old 28th March 2013, 00:37   #21
BHPian

For the benefit of anyone looking through this thread to find good Skoda dealerships in Mumbai:

Skoda JMD in Kandivali is NOT RECOMMENDED!

After I bought my pre-worshipped car, I went there last week with a host of minor issues thinking that I could get them resolved there.

To begin with, the attitude of the SA (one Mr. Hari) was extremely uncouth. It was as if he was doing me a favor by taking my car for repairs. Added to this, none of the service people seemed to know their jobs apart from one mechanic named Omkar. For checking one of the issues which I had mentioned (seat lumbar adjustment motor), they had to connect the VAG, and later charged me Rs. 750+tax for it.

Finally out of all the issues I had mentioned (around 6-7), only two were resolved: they replaced the horn, and they gave me a replacement safety adapter for the wheel nuts.

And total cost of work? Around Rs. 4000. When I asked the SA what the charges were for, he started raising his voice and replying in a manner completely unexpected from someone in that position.

I am completely dissatisfied with the behavior and the service and especially the costs (if someone wants, I can upload a copy of the bill), and it has made me decide that I will take my car to an outside workshop next time onwards.

I cannot comment about other Skoda JMD workshops in Mumbai, but the one at Kandivali is horrible.
EagleEye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 15:55   #22
BHPian

I have come to the firm conclusion that all Skoda dealerships run really crooked workshops. I will never again buy a Skoda.
Old 20th May 2013, 16:20   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varaman View Post
I have come to the firm conclusion that all Skoda dealerships run really crooked workshops. I will never again buy a Skoda.
even i am fed up with service network of skoda. As per Skoda Autobahn, the 20,000km routine service of Superb will cost Rs14,000 at least assuming there are no additional costs. I feel this is a bloody rip off.

Can someone suggest a good non dealer mechanic in Mumbai for Skoda Superb?

The other threads discussng this are a bit old and hence asking again.

However bottomline is, this is my last Skoda car. Never again would i buy another white elephant.
Old 16th November 2014, 23:54   #24
BHPian

JMD Stealers..at Nerul

Made a mistake and went to JMD service station in Nerul, Navi Mumbai for some minor problems with my fabia as listed in the picture of bill.
The problems i encountered were as follows -
1. Had to go twice for such small problems, unless you are a Superb owner, forget that you will get a proper service from these people. And also only if your driver gets the car for service, then they get a first preference as supposedly they had an appointment booked just before you(every single time.!amazing timing)
2. if you see the problems that i had with the car, they were not that major, but as the nuts and bolts required for a skoda are special, so had to get it done from the authorized station.
3. I was facing all the problems listed in the bill, but only those were supposedly fixed which would have fetched them more money. Check number 9 - i had asked for only driver side door. But all four door setting takes 2 hrs 8 mins, i mean who works that slow.?
4. Rear parking sensors were giving me some problem, kept beeping continuously when put in reverse - the reply i got was - we have to remove the rear bumper for that and it cannot be done in such short time - the sensors were interchanged from left to right - but even after keeping the car from morning to evening, that was not possible it seems.
5. Headlight alignment was also not done.
6. Starting vibration was checked? but why? i had asked to repair it.
7. Some screws from fender lining and front grill were missing, but the service station didn't have a single screw in the whole work shop, neither new nor used

Overall -
All Skoda dealers are stealers
JMD has received award of best dealer - but they don't realize that there is something called as After sales service also

So, skoda cars are definitely a , but the dealership network has to improve a lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Honest Skoda Dealership in Mumbai /Navi Mumbai-dsc_2028.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks