Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2010, 09:51   #1
BHPian

Honest Skoda Dealership in Mumbai /Navi Mumbai

Hi all. This is not a trick question

I have owned my Laura for three years now and am beginning to despair about finding a dealer who will do an honest job of service and repairs. Can anyone in Team BHP direct me to an honest one in Mumbai or Navi Mumbai? Alternatively, a non-Skoda workshop which has the requisite diagnostic tools and trained repair-persons?

It's such a bloody shame that a brilliant vehicle like the Skoda is hamstrung by crooked dealers appointed by corrupt Skoda officials...
Old 23rd December 2010, 10:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honest Skoda Dealership in Mumbai /Navi Mumbai

Have you tried at JMD Auto. I have heard good things about them from a couple of friends in Thane. They have 4 workshops in Mumbai/Mavi Mumbai but just a showroom in Thane. I have heard the Bhandup workshop is good.

Maybe Skoda BHPians who have got the service done at Bhandup (if any) can comment on the quality of the job done.
Old 23rd December 2010, 11:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

You could try the Bhandup and Kandivali workshop of JMD. Both are good with their Job. Andheri JMD is worst. You could meet Joginder Singh at Bhandup and Sachin at Kandivali both are workshop Managers handling the service.
However its always better to go personally to drop & pick the car instead of sending the chauffeur. I also advise to go at the workshop atleast an hour before the given time to pick up, to make sure if they have not missed anything.
Old 23rd December 2010, 11:29   #4
BHPian

^^
Yes, Agree to what Invinsible mentioned.
Also it'd be well worth it to stay at the workshop itself for a day and watch how things are done.
Old 23rd December 2010, 12:32   #5
Team-BHP Support

JMD

Existing thread on JMD's Service

cya
R
Old 23rd December 2010, 22:14   #6
BHPian

Thanks, guys - have booked my car with JMD Bhandup... will let you know
Old 24th December 2010, 14:26   #7
BHPian

JMD Bhandup is technically competent but their pricing is sky-high. I took my RS to them for checking play in steering when driving over broken roads. I received an estimate of Rs. 46,950 for parts and Rs. 13,000 for labour. The replacement items were : all 4 shock-absorbers, mounting of the 2 front ones, ball-joints, track rod assly, all 4 discs, all brake liners. (my car has clocked 50k kms)
I found Rs. 60K a tad high so took my car to an independent recommended by my nephew, who is into cars. This guy is known as Umesh and his workshop is Opp. Sun Pharmaceuticals, Mahakali Caves Road, Andheri E. It think it is within Niraj Industrial Estate.
Umesh sourced all the required parts for Rs. 30K, from Opera House and did a good job on my car.
I also saw a Hummer, a Merc SL 55 AMG, and a BMW 5 Diesel being worked upon at his garage, so people do send him their upmarket wheels.
Members can try him out. I do not know whether he has the VAG scanner for diagnoising engine problems of VAG cars
Bomi
Bomi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2010, 14:57   #8
BHPian

I have been servicing my car at Bhandup workshop for almost 5 years now and work wise they have been impressive... I have also got the car occassionally checked up at regular workshop. Although the work done was good but they struggle a lot to handle these machines due to lack of tools/experience. Regarding the charges you can very well negotiate on the labour (ofcourse based on the relationship you maintain with them over a period of time) but the fact remains that skoda is an expensive car to maintain
Old 24th December 2010, 17:51   #9
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
You could try the Bhandup and Kandivali workshop of JMD. Both are good with their Job. Andheri JMD is worst. You could meet Joginder Singh at Bhandup and Sachin at Kandivali both are workshop Managers handling the service.
However its always better to go personally to drop & pick the car instead of sending the chauffeur. I also advise to go at the workshop atleast an hour before the given time to pick up, to make sure if they have not missed anything.
Where exactly is the Kandivali workshop located?How has been your experience there?
My ageing 68k done Octavia tdi has broken down thrice in past 1 month.Hungry rats ate the underneath wires, clutch (valve cylinder?) issues and today there is some issue with alternator fan belt.
Old 25th December 2010, 08:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

Kandivali workshop is in Charkop industrial estate, near Hindustan naka. It is somewhere near the + sign at the centre of this page: Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!
Old 25th December 2010, 23:56   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post
JMD Bhandup is technically competent but their pricing is sky-high. I took my RS to them for checking play in steering when driving over broken roads.
Umesh sourced all the required parts for Rs. 30K, from Opera House and did a good job on my car.
Bomi
I recently got my Octi serviced in Pune (I am a resident here) from a regular mechanic who is also into premium cars only. The job was outstanding at a fraction of the cost that the dealerships would have quoted. My suggestion is to find those gem mechanics who have in-depth technical knowledge of premium cars and get work done cheaper than the skoda "stealerships".
Old 26th December 2010, 14:15   #12
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

I agree with neuroturbo.... But not when the car is under warranty.... These cars end up being much more affordable when serviced at a regular workshop... One weird thing which I came across at JMD is that wheel alignment and balancing they charged me Rs. 1100/- flat where as to the best of my knowledge charges are based on the weights used... Not sure what was the idea behind this.. but will get it clarified during my next visit...

Last edited by GTO : 7th January 2011 at 16:11. Reason: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.
Old 31st December 2010, 13:21   #13
BHPian

NeuroTurbo, can you post details of the Pune garage which worked on your Skoda. I shuttle between Mumbai & Pune and might look them up when there.
Old 1st January 2011, 21:27   #14

Hi Bomi,

I gave my Octy at "Pramod Auto Scan", a relatively new (+5 months) workshop off Mumbai Katraj highway, about 9 kms from chandni chowk.
You'll get their details on any search engine. The workshop is total VFM.

Let me know if you have difficulty finding it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post
NeuroTurbo, can you post details of the Pune garage which worked on your Skoda. I shuttle between Mumbai & Pune and might look them up when there.
Old 4th January 2011, 22:56   #15
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Any idea as to how much the keys of an Octavia cost? The only key of mine broke, have been quoted 14k for a set of 3.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks