Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2011, 13:24   #1
BHPian

Sundaram Honda

My experience with Sundaram Honda Chennai. I had given my Jazz for a body repair at Sundaram Honda Chennai. They finished the job after a month of atleast 15 followups and multiple direct visits. When I was about to take delivery, I came in at 5 PM, I saw the seat was dirty and there were greases on the side panels, roofs were dirty. I asked them to clean and I was direclty supervising the cleaners and the actual supervisor went off to another car. Finally they fixed some more issues with the car and I was asked to pay the bill. It was real dark and there was no way I could identify any stains.

My car was due for a normal service 3 days later and I thought the cleaning would either case be done during normal service.
When I saw next day in day light, there were still some grease left around and seats were still dirty. 3 days later when I gave for normal serivce, they gave an estimate of 1500 for cleaning up interiors. When I said the body repair guys did a bad job, the service advisor said, that I need to contact the body shop. Now when I contacted the body shop guys to clean it up, they simply refuse too, stating that I took the car after cleaning.

These guys fail to understand, (1) Since I was desparate to get the car, I was supervising the cleaners, which itself was not my job, (2) Its their responsibility to deliver the car in good condition.

I am fighting with Honda against this. The reason I posted this was, two things you should follow

1) Always get delivery in bright day light
2) Don't take delivery if you are not satisfied. The moment you pay, you have to run behind them.

Sick Sundaram Honda. I wish we have more dealers.
Old 12th January 2011, 13:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sundaram Honda

Sundaram Honda are big snobs. They are still living in the era of British Raj. They only like customers who pay without looking at the bill and who are not bothered about delivery dates or times. You went to the wrong place. That crowd is reducing now, hope they clean up their act fast.

Where do you stay ? There is capitol in GST Road, There is Olympia in Ambattur
Old 12th January 2011, 14:04   #3
BHPian

Yes. Though I feel bad for the experience you have been through, it is not surprising to hear it about Sundaram Honda. Honestly, for that matter, most of the service centres across brands are inefficient. It is only that compared to Honda other brands like maruti leave a smaller hole in the purse.

I think even if you take the case to Honda, nothing much is going to happen. The story is a long continuing one.
Old 12th January 2011, 14:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

No eyebrows to raise ! Enough has been spoken and discussed about the shoddy service of Sundaram Honda. That is precisely why I didnt even bother to get an quote from them when buying my Civic. You should religiously stay away from them. I suggest you try Capital or Olympia. I am a regular customer of Olympia Honda. I would not say they are the best but definitely better and lot more responsive that Sundaram Honda.

Why dont you try the Honda One-to-One channel to highlight your problem ?
Old 12th January 2011, 14:25   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Sundaram Honda are big snobs. They are still living in the era of British Raj. They only like customers who pay without looking at the bill and who are not bothered about delivery dates or times. You went to the wrong place. That crowd is reducing now, hope they clean up their act fast.

Where do you stay ? There is capitol in GST Road, There is Olympia in Ambattur
Yes I stay in Thiruvanmiyur, and I plan to give to Capital Honda next time. Thought I will finish off my free services from him, since I bought from them. I felt exactly the same way. They seem to like only big shot customers who don't look at their bills. However, I don't see the crowd reducing. They still seem to continue to have good business. Always crowded. I hope, there are more Honda Dealerships to improve all these
Old 12th January 2011, 14:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thats exactly what I was told 3 years ago when I was looking to buy a car (details in my intro thread for my Cedia Spirit). I am not surprised they are still the same. I still thank the Cabbie-friend of mine, who advised me against Sundaram Honda with regard to their arrogance towards customers and shoddy and careless work. I didn't even try other dealers, dropped Honda off my list.

@Snortingbull,
Thats the sad story of our customer psychology. TVS has made the brand name 30 years ago as the best service centers and Honda in last 10 years for cars. Now, both joined in total arrogance, riding on their market lead.
(I got told for whatever I asked at the Dealer they never answered my question, instead, retorted "Everyone is buying it, why you are asking so many questions!". )
Old 12th January 2011, 15:19   #7
BHPian

@Snortingbull,

Capital also has a service centre in OMR, you can try that once you have finished your free service.
Old 13th January 2011, 06:16   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorting bull View Post
Yes I stay in Thiruvanmiyur, and I plan to give to Capital Honda next time. Thought I will finish off my free services from him, since I bought from them. I felt exactly the same way. They seem to like only big shot customers who don't look at their bills. However, I don't see the crowd reducing. They still seem to continue to have good business. Always crowded. I hope, there are more Honda Dealerships to improve all these
If you are Thiruvanmiyur, try Capital Honda @ Perungudi. Have been servicing my City for the last 1 year with them. Happy since then. They are a small workshop and its not crowded. Friendly staff.

Had a pathetic experience with Sundaram Honda service team. Never went back again. Had a better experience with their sales staff though.
Old 13th January 2011, 10:16   #9
BHPian

Thanks all. I am sure to try Capital Honda starting next time.
Old 8th February 2022, 12:41   #10
BHPian

TVS Sundaram Honda, Chennai has kept the land, where it has the Honda Showroom and Service Center up for Sale.

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/news/iconic-tvs-property-in-chennais-anna-salai-up-for-sale/article64971356.ece"]Source
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 13:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

I bought my City from Capital Honda, Meenambakkam and have had it serviced there ever since, it's been 5 years, they're decent and are proactive when it comes to customers. Haven't had any issues with them past 5 years may be you can try them. I've had the car picked up and dropped back for service all these years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks