Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2013, 10:46   #76
BHPian

Re: Trident Hyundai, Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
The old team, and the senior staff are genuinely concerned, while as in any industry, the new comers seem to have a take-it-easy attitude, which in general leaves the customer unhappy, and in-turn gives the Company a bad image.

This was not the case with me. The Service center head at Trident, inner ring road - himself was trying to scoot from the place rather than resolving the issue of a wrong bill which had work which was not done.
He was arrogant throughout and casually and said - 'This is a manual mistake, it happens'
Old 23rd January 2013, 09:30   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Mr. Arun is an arrogant person and prefers to take care of elite vehicles/person.
Oh yes I certainly second that. He was the service manger appointed to my job last time. I had a screeching noise coming from my rear tyres when I applied brakes from high speed. Almost certain that I will have to make at least 4-5 trips to the service center to get it fixed, was surprised when Arun called me and told they have cleaned the brake pads and the noise has gone. After the car was delivered to me he called me yet again and asked me to rate him 10 on 10 in feedback and if there is still any issue call him instead. But yes 10 on 10 in feedback. I did that mistake and the second day the noise reappeared! When I called him he failed to recognize me. Anyhow lesson learnt. After that I have always rated these folks poor irrespective of what they say. I am still living with the noise! Wish hyundai folks start impressing.

Cheers!
Old 28th February 2013, 18:32   #78
Senior - BHPian

Trident Hyundai opened a new showroom and service center in K.R.Puram (Whitefield road-Outer Ring road junction below the flyover).

Anyone serviced their car in this new service center? Please share your experience.

Thanks
-Ravi
Old 21st March 2013, 08:28   #79
BHPian

Which dealer

Am considering picking up an i10. After reading reviews about Trident am re-considering my dealer. I stay in Marthahalli / old airport rd area. Trident was my nearest. Who else can I go to?
Old 21st March 2013, 08:44   #80
BHPian

Re: Which dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
Am considering picking up an i10. After reading reviews about Trident am re-considering my dealer. I stay in Marthahalli / old airport rd area. Trident was my nearest. Who else can I go to?
There is an Advaith Hyundai in Bellandur near Central mall (ORR). I dont have much experience with either them or Trident so cant really say which one is better/worse.
Old 21st March 2013, 10:29   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonderful experience at Trident regarding my Tucson

Recently I had a very good experience at Trident. Here are the details?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3049656

Cheers!
Old 14th July 2014, 10:49   #82
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunV View Post

I usually stay with the car while servicing till its over.

But when i got the bill i was stunned to see that these things are added along with few more things like throttle body cleaning and 1 liter coolant.
And they produced a bill of R 12,800+. .... I told him that the service center adds 5 liter of engine oil and charges for 5.3 liters, for which his reply was - 'we are not going to build an empire with 300ml of oil'.

I saw 2 other team-bhp cars there for servicing - one a getz crdi and another an i20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniwarmth View Post
That is crazy. Do they really let you stay in the garage floor/car area during all work?

It won't be long before they will say that customers aren't allowed for "safety reasons".
[quote=motorguy;2990909]
Quote:
Advaith Hyundai tried that on me once and I talked to the manager and he was ok with me being near to the car.

I also go to Trident in Domlur - they were ok with me standing next to the car while it was being serviced. For ex. I told the SA last time, I caught the mechanic not smearing oil on the oil filter gasket. Also, I want to physically see the condition of the brake pads before they try to fleece me into buying new ones.
Quote:
This was not the case with me. The Service center head at Trident, inner ring road - himself was trying to scoot from the place rather than resolving the issue of a wrong bill which had work which was not done.
He was arrogant throughout and casually and said - 'This is a manual mistake, it happens'
I've totally lost faith with Hyundai service at Trident Domlur Road. I wonder whether they really change the engine oil or just put it in the Bill and just give the car without changing the oil. Also they have dirtied the seat fabric and interiors on more than one occasion. Next time onwards, I'm thinking of standing next to the car to confirm that they indeed change the engine oil, whatever Hyundai service center it may be. I don't have a good impression on Advaith either.

Vecto Fiat service center (and Tata Concorde motors before that ) used to return the Engine oil can with the balance oil back and the bill won't cross 5.5 K just for the regular service. I find this point worthy of mention because I've had a pleasant experience with Fiat throughtout my ownership of Palio. Never once in 12 years did Fiat service insist in doing engine decarbonization and all those cheap tricks.

Trident service advisors always insist on unnecessary stuff like Engine de-carbonizing and Engine additive just to beef up the bill. I believe these are not good for the car. For a small puny car like Santro, they jack the bill to 8K just for regular service.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 14th July 2014 at 11:00.
Old 8th August 2014, 19:47   #83

Today I gave my xcent for first servicing. The Bill came for 420 for labour charges with tax and cess the final amount is Rs. 471.91. When I gave credit card, the counter guy informed that they are charging 1.5% as charges for credit card. Gone are the days, vendors charge for credit card use at merchant outlets.
Almost from last 5 to 6 years, I didn't pay credit card charges any where, even medical shops / grocery stories are accepting the credit card without any extra charges, if the bill is above Rs. 500/-. even I used credit card where the bill is 150 and shop guy donot have sufficient change. pathetic practice of Trident to charge for the usage of credit card.
Not sure why Trident is still going with this practice and discouraging customers to use credit card.
Looks like they are piling up as black money with the hard cash collected from customers
Old 29th September 2014, 10:26   #84
Senior - BHPian

One of my friends gave his 4 month old i20 to Trident Whitefield (Bangalore) for service. Unfortunately, they dropped the car from the lift. My friend wants a new car, but Trident have only said that they will repair the car and give. Since my friend doesn't know from what height the car fell, I told him that we cannot assess the damage to the chassis.

We can escalate to Hyundai higher management and fight, but what can be the next best solution, if new car cannot be given?

Trident Hyundai, Bangalore-img20140929wa0000.jpg

Trident Hyundai, Bangalore-img20140929wa0001.jpg

Trident Hyundai, Bangalore-img20140929wa0002.jpg

Trident Hyundai, Bangalore-img20140929wa0003.jpg

Trident Hyundai, Bangalore-img20140929wa0004.jpg
Old 29th September 2014, 11:20   #85
Team-BHP Support

It all depends from what height the car was dropped from.

In other news, I bought an i10 Grand from Trident, Old Airport Road.
Experience was good. I walked in the day that the i20 Elite was launched. They could have hummed and hahhed about giving a a test drive, but I was allowed a decent drive. I had not mentioned my TeamBHP notoriety until after the test drive

The car was too large so I asked for an i10 auto to be sent to my mother (for her use). She found it boring and we decided on a manual one. They sourced the exact one and delivered almost immediately.

They promised mudflaps which were not on the car, they (sales manager) made a story about no stock but I think our sales man mentioned who I was and a set materialised.

Can't fault Trident and they were open about my getting insurance outside (I saved around Rs 7000. Only chipped Rs 1000 of price but got car cover + mats + mudflaps. Advaith was not offering anything and most people recommended Trident

Recommend you ask for Uthappa, Old Airport Road Branch but this branch only deals with Verna and below. You need to go to the bigger showrooms for Elantra and above!

Last edited by ajmat : 29th September 2014 at 11:22.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 11:24   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
We can escalate to Hyundai higher management and fight, but what can be the next best solution, if new car cannot be given?
Ask Trident to buy back the car - and agree a mutually satisfactory price (i.e. get an external assessor); during the assessment, consider the car is undamaged. Then ask Trident to add on a goodwill amount on top of that price (e.g. 0.5L - 1L).

This money will not buy you a new car, and there will be some loss.

In parallel, proceed with a consumer forum complaints, and let Trident know about the same. Remember that even though your friend has signed a job order that says something to the effect that HASS is not responsible for any damage and that damage expenses are limited to 6k (I think), this is not legally valid nor enforceable.

I forgot which auto mag (maybe Autocar India) also intervened on behalf of customers - try reaching out to them.
arunphilip is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 13:23   #87
Senior - BHPian

The image does not suggest extensive damage to warrant a full replacement of the car. The damage seems to be a case where the freight elevator was not aligned with the floor it had stopped and the car was driven off causing the front bumper to get hit and the lower section brushing on the elevator floor.

Ask for cctv footage as well to know exactly what happened. Most of these service stations are now monitored. This is another way you can tell if there can be extensive damage or not.

Very careless of Trident.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 29th September 2014 at 13:25.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 21:11   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
One of my friends gave his 4 month old i20 to Trident Whitefield (Bangalore) for service. Unfortunately, they dropped the car from the lift. My friend wants a new car, but Trident have only said that they will repair the car and give. Since my friend doesn't know from what height the car fell, I told him that we cannot assess the damage to the chassis.
I dont think theres damage to the structure, since all the other panel gaps seem to be consistent.

If the damage had been severe, the fender, bonnet and surrounding parts would have been misaligned, thus indicating that the structure has deformed due to the impact. Moreover, the airbags havent deployed, given that the car was being driven or key was in on position.

Given this, I would suggest first haggling around, and finally settling for a detailed replacement and repair of damaged parts. If you directly agree for repair, they will do a job for the sake of it. First threaten severe action through media and etc and later ask them to change bumper and parts behind it. I guess even the intercooler(if present) and AC condensor would have taken the impact so its better they are replaced than put back to position.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 21:21   #89
BANNED

I am sure if you can ask for a replacement of the whole car but you deficient bed to replace the most of the front end and a part of the running board.

Now I have doubts over the damage to the suspension too.

Do use the media if you feel that they aren't listening add the fault lies at their end.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 09:33   #90
Senior - BHPian

My friend says that Trident Hyundai has offered to buy back the i20 Sportz for 5.5 L Rs, even though he paid 7.15 L Rs for it (on-road) just some 5 months ago. They have offered him the Elite i20 (I don't know which trim, but I had asked him not even to consider Sportz trim because it doesn't have such safety features as ABS and rear defogger, unlike his Sportz), for 2L Rs plus his old car.

My friend refused the offer, saying he is not ready to pay more than 50,000 Rs for the new car. Trident said, take it on leave it. Hyundai India has washed its hands off the matter, saying that the deal is between the dealer and the customer, and they can only help the customer negotiate.

Looks like Hyundai India is not interested in helping my friend. He is reluctant to go the legal way, as it takes a long time to settle the matter. One option he has is to get the car repaired free of cost from Trident, sell it off (at what price?), and then buy a car from a customer-friendly company. Are there any other options?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks