Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2012, 16:26   #61
BHPian

Re: Trident Hyundai, Bangalore

Hi all,

I would like to share my 'not so great' experience with Trident Hyundai, Hosur Road service station.

I got myself a new i20 Asta in October 2011. Just a week old with the car, a garbage truck rammed into the rear of my car parked at a red light. The entire boot got squashed inside. Took the car to the same service station, parked it there, completed the insurance claim formalities and came back home. After about three weeks the person in charge called me up from Trident Hosur that my car is ready for me to pick it up. Gladly, I went there, filled up the feedback form and came with my new car (it had 100 odd kms on the odo). They were sweet enough to again put a ribbon for me on the hood, knowing that it was only 100 kms old.

Right the next day, I was able to see the first major issue with the fix. In process of fixing the new boot, they had gone completely wrong in the alignment and there was such a big gap between the hood and the tail light area that my wifes hand could go in completely without having to open the boot. The second issue that came into light - a thud sound came from the rear, as if the boot was loose whenever I applied brakes; third - the fiber casing inside the boot was coming out loose; fourth issue - the rear right door alignment was disturbed due to which it did not close in the smoothest of manner; and fifth - lot of scratches on the left rear door handle. A lot of them!

I took it to the same guy who fixed it the very next day. I was more worried about the thud sound because I feared it could cause a potential risk to the car security/locking issue. I also mentioned about the gap to which the service manager calmly stated that if they fix it further the boot might start to rattle. They made a mechanic sit in the boot and drove for him to figure out the source of the noise. They took 2 hours trying to do so and when time was running out they asked me to leave the car there itself. Next day, I get a call from the service manager stating that the issue was fixed and was due to the tail light lamp holder not aligned correctly. Gladly I brought my car home and the next day the sound re-appeared. Again the same process, they "fixed" and I got it only to find the sound re-appear. This time when I left the car, I made a threatening polite request and somehow it worked. Not only the sound disappeared but they re-aligned my boot again so that there was no abnormal gap between the hood and the tail light!! Double Whammy!

The thud sound was coming from the rear seat belt holder, but till the time they figured out they oiled my suspension I don't know, maybe 2-3 times!

Anyhow the two major issue out of the bucket, I was happy to live with the remaining set, untill the next issue arrived. Apparently during the course of oiling my suspension, they let something loose in the front right suspension due to which a squeaking sound started coming whenever I front right type took a bump or a pot hole. Again, there was a lot of back and forth before I wrote another mail at a couple of email ids presented on their website. I get a call the next hour of my writing the email from there service head. He acknowledges the issue, requests me to get the car next day. Takes the whole day and fixes the issue before delivering it to me. Fixed the door alignment issue also.

The trigger point of ALL the issues mentioned above was the initial boot fix that these people did after my accident. Goes to show what poor service levels are maintained within Hyundai. There was a point wherein I was very heart broken because of the service quality these people offered.

Anyhow apart from all these issues, my car runs like a charm. I am a big fan of Hyundai and this is my 2nd Hyundai car. (3rd between me and my wife).

If only the service levels could understand the effort and pain we take in all this back and forth.

Cheers.
Old 9th October 2012, 18:42   #62
BHPian

@raveesh_k - What you have said is exactly how a lot of owners feel (not necessarily about Trident alone) but for any car service center. Apart from a regular service where you can at least expect nothing serious to be done to your car, a major problem such as yours will create shudders in any person that seriously loves his car. And of course not to mention the sinking feeling that bad quality repairs (like the gap in the hood) have scarred your beauty perhaps for life. If you have to leave the car, it is all the more frustrating since you dont know what bad things your car might experience during the days it is left at the service center.
Old 9th October 2012, 19:29   #63
BHPian

[quote="raveesh_k"]Hi all,

I would like to share my 'not so great' experience with Trident Hyundai, Hosur Road service station.

I got myself a new i20 Asta in October 2011. Just a week old with the car, a garbage truck rammed into the rear of my car parked at a red light. The entire boot got squashed inside. Took the car to the same service station, parked it there, completed the insurance claim formalities and came back home. After about three weeks the person in charge called me up from Trident Hosur that my car is ready for me to pick it up. Gladly, I went there, filled up the feedback form and came with my new car (it had 100 odd kms on the odo). They were sweet enough to again put a ribbon for me on the hood, knowing that it was only 100 kms old.

Hi
Felt very bad on reading your post for a brand new car being hit by the truck from behind. It's very unfortunate for such things to happen on our city roads.

I don't understand why they took 3 weeks to repair your boot and inspite of that return it with so many problems. But I had thought Hyundai workshops are better than the maruti but this incident now makes me think the otherway.

Hope all issues get ok with your car and good luck for a happy and safe driving!
zwift1819 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 19:57   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

When it comes to Body work, its better you keep a check on the process and ensure things are going fine in the workshop. This will help spot niggles and defects during the course of repair rather than doing the same after the repair has been done. Another advantage is that as long as you do not sign papers and take the car out of the service center, you have some control over them.

I suppose that your car did suffer serious damage rather than just a banged bootlid. That is why there is an issue with the door alignment - the impact has reached the latch area. Usually, such things are overlooked in most service centers, irrespective of the brand. As far as my opinion goes, Maruti and HMIL are at least some levels above compared to competitors. A cousin of mine left his micra for a running board painting, and the quality was nothing better than shabby.

My SX4 suffered a side swipe with an Indica. The fender and the wheel took major hit, while the entire side had a long scratch. The bodyshop manager, did a great job in getting the entire side replaced and repainted - 10/10 for the job. But little did he think where the major hit was and what bore the brunt. It was a tie rod. The tie rod had bent and alignment was off. Only when I noticed it the mechanic scratched his head.

So, please do some extra bit from your side while your car is undergoing major or minor repair. Just my two cents.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 11:24   #65
BHPian

[quote=zwift1819;2927732]
Quote:
Originally Posted by raveesh_k
I don't understand why they took 3 weeks to repair your boot and inspite of that return it with so many problems. But I had thought Hyundai workshops are better than the maruti but this incident now makes me think the otherway.

Hope all issues get ok with your car and good luck for a happy and safe driving!
It took three weeks because I bought my car a month before Diwali and apparently there was a lot of queue with the insurance claim department during this festive time due to which my claim approval got delayed.

I just got my car back after the third and final free service. And must I mention that after burning my hands with these guys in the past, I made sure each and every issue that my car had till the time they took it this time (only a couple of small issues) were addressed to my satisfaction. And likewise, Trident didn't let me down. Phew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

I suppose that your car did suffer serious damage rather than just a banged bootlid. That is why there is an issue with the door alignment - the impact has reached the latch area.
The 'door alignment' issue was cause more because of the rubber casing which was not fixed properly and they corrected it in front of my eyes. But I had been through a lot during this back and forth and somehow I had a strong belief that this door problem is an outcome of the shabby job that these guys had done with my boot fix. So I did not even bother looking to diagnose the issue myself.

Quote:

So, please do some extra bit from your side while your car is undergoing major or minor repair. Just my two cents.
I absolutely agree to it and I have learned this in an unpleasant manner. However, my car is now free of any flaws and runs like a charm. We have done a couple of road trips too this year and my car did not cough even once all this while. Hope this stays as it is.

Cheers
Old 29th November 2012, 11:32   #66
BHPian

Cheating by Trident Hyundai service center, Indiranagar

I usually take my verna for servicing at Trident Hyundai service center and as usual, last saturday I took my car for the 40K servicing.

I had asked the service manager for the following work
1. Engine Oil change
2. Oil Filter change
3. Fuel Filter Change
4. Air filter change
5. Engine Flush
6. Engine Decarbonization
7. A/C not cooling well

The sevice guy make a work log and adds few more things without asking me
1. A/C Foam cleaning - Rs 550/-
2. Additives - Engine Oil & Windshield clener - Rs 440/-

I usually stay with the car while servicing till its over. So I ask the guy at workshop and the service manager to remove these items from the list as I dont want that. He cuts the A/C foam cleaning and the additives were given back to store saying return.

But when i got the bill i was stunned to see that these things are added along with few more things like throttle body cleaning and 1 liter coolant.
And they produced a bill of R 12,800+. I marked the the items which were not done on my car and talked to the manager - Mr. Dilip there. He was not ready to listen to me and was saying that these small manual errors happen. The following were the additonal thing which I was billed for
1. 1 Liter coolant
2. Engine oil additive
3. Windshield cleaner
4. Throttle body cleaning
5. Engine oil drain plug.
These total to around Rs 1100/-

The first is the one which was given to me first and the ones marked with pen was not done.

The guys had no chance to say that all these were done, they created a new invoice after cancelling the old. The second one is the new bill and there is a difference of Rs1100+ between both the bills.

The Manager - Mr Dilip in this service center was very arrogant and he was not ready to listen to me. There was not even a word of apology from him and he was trying to escape from the situation by shouting at the workers there. I told him that the service center adds 5 liter of engine oil and charges for 5.3 liters, for which his reply was - 'we are not going to build an empire with 300ml of oil'.

I saw 2 other team-bhp cars there for servicing - one a getz crdi and another an i20.

This cheating seems to be a common practise to this service center as this is not the first time I am seeing this. They charge for things which are not done. Please be careful when you leave your car for servicing with them
Attached Thumbnails
Trident Hyundai, Bangalore-imag0147.jpg  

Trident Hyundai, Bangalore-imag0148.jpg  

ArunV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 22:21   #67
BHPian

Re: Cheating by Trident Hyundai service center, Indiranagar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunV View Post

I usually stay with the car while servicing till its over.
That is crazy. Do they really let you stay in the garage floor/car area during all work?

It won't be long before they will say that customers aren't allowed for "safety reasons".
Old 12th December 2012, 10:43   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunV View Post
I usually take my verna for servicing at Trident Hyundai service center and as usual, last saturday I took my car for the 40K servicing.
What is that Rs. 3000 replacement labour? And did you voluntarily opt for decarbonisation?

My neighbour purchased a used verna which had run 33k kms. However it was in very bad shape. It was previously maintained by trident, and now required replacement of the clutch and turbo which according to them costed more than a lakh. This chap worked hard, took the car to various places, and got the turbo opened and cleaned. When he showed me the amount of soot that was removed, I was shocked to see it. The turbo ran fine afterwards and after a clutch overhaul outside, using genuine hyundai parts, the car runs superb even now, at 52k kms on the ODO.

Last edited by audioholic : 12th December 2012 at 10:47.
Old 12th December 2012, 11:11   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
And of course I was pleasantly surprised to see the record of the service for the car updated on the Hyundai Customer Website next morning when I logged in to check.
Is it possible to see the past service records at trident website. If yes please help me with the link. I am not able to locate it.
Old 14th December 2012, 10:00   #70
BHPian

Quote:
...This chap worked hard, took the car to various places, and got the turbo opened and cleaned...
Details of the Independent garage(s) please.
Would like to know non-authorized garages that can service Hyundai cars(or any modern cars) in Bangalore

Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 10:34   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a place called pride cars, right in the corner of our road where my neighbour gets his work done. It was an MASS before and as the owner wanted to cater to all brands, he gave up the MASS and started working on all brands of cars. Quite a busy place, ie many hyundais land up for service here. Mostly, they focus on Maruti, hyundai and sometimes skoda and other brands. The owner cam source genuine parts if any is needed. They guided my neighbour to the specific places for his turbo, and recently, his fuel pump had gone bust(primary, not injection) and they arranged a genuine replacement pump from advaith. So he is quite happy with their service. Personally, I have gone there for an oil change and some washes now and then. Here are the complete details:

Pride cars,
Off KR Road, BSK 2nd Stage
Contact - 9845567282

https://plus.google.com/117914036659...ut?gl=in&hl=en

Last edited by audioholic : 14th December 2012 at 10:46.
Old 14th December 2012, 16:28   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniwarmth View Post
That is crazy. Do they really let you stay in the garage floor/car area during all work?

It won't be long before they will say that customers aren't allowed for "safety reasons".
Advaith Hyundai tried that on me once and I talked to the manager and he was ok with me being near to the car.

Quote:
What is that Rs. 3000 replacement labour? And did you voluntarily opt for decarbonisation?
3K labour was for power steering fluid seal change (Pinion seal). The part cost is only 187 rs, but labour 3K
yes, I voluntarily opted for Decarbonization
Old 15th December 2012, 08:00   #73
BHPian

[quote=ArunV;2990469]Advaith Hyundai tried that on me once and I talked to the manager and he was ok with me being near to the car.

I also go to Trident in Domlur - they were ok with me standing next to the car while it was being serviced. For ex. I told the SA last time, I caught the mechanic not smearing oil on the oil filter gasket. Also, I want to physically see the condition of the brake pads before they try to fleece me into buying new ones.
Old 28th December 2012, 21:12   #74
Senior - BHPian

I would like to share my own mixed response which happened today. The speakers on the front doors of my Accent were not working, so I had removed the door panels to check the speakers, realised it were gone. While fixing back the door panels last week I broke the door release lever assembly on left side, yesterday I purchased 2 JBL speakers and was fixing them, again while trying to fit back the door panels I damaged the one on right side . Today morning I called up Trident, Hosur road for fixing these 2 parts, they asked me to get the vehicle to the place, I reached there at 12.40pm. Initially no one were ready to attend the problem, then the repair order was raised against the name of Mr. Arun Kumar, although he did not attend to it, later their mechanic Unnikrishnan came to see the problem, I explained to him what I had done, he agreed to fix them in 1-2 hours and took the vehicle to 2nd floor. I was waiting anxiously for the car, at 5.15pm another SA Mr. Yeshawanth came to me and told that there is a delay in fixing the problem and I will have to leave the car and collect it tomorrow. I told him I am in no mood to leave the car after having waited for more than 4 hours and I would instead prefer to take back the vehicle without any repair. He then assured of fixing the problem and promptly did it within 1 hour. What I observed during the waiting period was they are not transparent in what they do, customers dont have access to service bay, Mr. Arun is an arrogant person and prefers to take care of elite vehicles/person. Only due to the timely assistance from Yeshawanth I was able to get back the vehicle, taking 4 hours of time fix a simple thing reflects their way of working.

Last edited by deehunk : 28th December 2012 at 21:13.
Old 21st January 2013, 22:50   #75
BHPian

A few days ago I had given my car for service at Trident Hyundai Kalyan Nagar.

I was attended to by a relatively new Service Advisor.

In addition to regular service, I had mentioned a few trivial issues to be set right, and he said that the vehicle would be ready by the same evening.

Communication from this gentleman was absolutely pathetic.

In the evening he made me wait for almost 1.5 hours beyond the stipulated time.

Worse - he did not know what was happening to my car - he said the car was being cleaned, while it was just being driven into the service station by one of their team members !!!

Finally, at the time of handing over my car he assured that all complaints were attended to, and that he was really just unable to locate the issue of certain specified complaints.

The very next day, I went out with family, got stuck, unable to close the door, unable to close the driver side window, etc etc !!!

On calling this Advisor, he said I can take the car back to the service station, and they will attend to it.

On visiting the service station again, a mechanic attended to my car - even-though it was a Sunday, and within no time he was able to identify the problems.

--------------------------------------------------------
I escalated the issue to the higher authorities at Trident, and the Branch Head at Kalyan Nagar, promptly sent a person to collect the car, identify, and rectify the whole problem.

I sincerely appreciate the effort he took, and also for proper communication to the customer.

Well done Trident, though this incident left a bitter taste, you handled it wonderfully well.
------------------------------------------------

Inference : The old team, and the senior staff are genuinely concerned, while as in any industry, the new comers seem to have a take-it-easy attitude, which in general leaves the customer unhappy, and in-turn gives the Company a bad image.

Last edited by MuraliR : 21st January 2013 at 22:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks