Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

View Poll Results: How would you rate your experience with Tata Authorised Service Station
Excellent & Outstanding 0 0%
Exceeds Your Expectation 9 16.98%
Meets Your Expectation 15 28.30%
Below Your Expectation 19 35.85%
Improvement Needed 10 18.87%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2015, 14:18   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata A.S.S Review By Owners

Pimpri-Chinchwad area.

We have a couple of Indicas for shuttle service between the plant and nearby office. They run 24 days a month, averaging 200 km per day. I keep talking to their drivers about the experiences of A.S.S.

Both said, it has been horrible.

(1) The supervisors are very reluctant to enter any issue in the job card. They tend to pre-empt the work by saying "there is no problem and it is like this only".

(2) Long service time. Just for oil change, air-filter change, it is 4 hours min on Saturdays.

I feel they are likely shift to independent garages soon. These road-side mechanics will further mess-up the things and ultimately Tata name suffers. Pity, but true.

Last edited by Ravindra M : 29th September 2015 at 14:19. Reason: Correction
Old 29th September 2015, 14:34   #17
BHPian

I was a Xeta user for 4.5 years. I selected "Meet expectations". However there were a couple of occations which would've resulted in me spending lot of money.

- At around 30000 km (after warranty) I once came to the ASS because of a misfire issue. I was told that the ECU needs replacement and they have ordered one for me. I said I would like to take a second opinion and went to a local guy. Within couple of minutes of fiddling around, he found out that one of the spark plug cables was loose and that was causing the issue. Issue fixed with no charge.

- I had another occasion when the car delivered after service was not at all pulling as it should. I asked the driver and he said, "Sir, all indicas are like this". Then I said but its a petrol and I know my car. I immediately opened the bonnet and found that the throttle cable was not properly in place and that was causing the issue.

- Apart from that I faced equally irresponsible answers sometime from SA regarding rattles and other niggles.

However for the price I paid at that time, I would say the ASS is kinda OK but definitely need to show much more professionalism.

For me the Xeta experience was rather good.

Last edited by bhp_maniac : 29th September 2015 at 14:35.
bhp_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 14:56   #18
BHPian

Am a 10 year old Indica user and had no issues for the first 8 years. then there was a coolant issue and my ECU wasn't working. Have been to almost all service stations in Pune area but have had the same experience in all of them.
1. Of all the engineers, maybe just 1 of them will know his task. Unfortunately he will also be the most in demand.
2. SA in all these places know little. They are dependent on that one key service man.
3. Never leave our car and go home during service. Parts are easily swapped. Your car is waiting for attention 90% of the time.
4. TATA ASS does not allow owners on the service bay area. Many excuses will be given to you to stay in the customer lounge. Be aggressive and do not falter. I have had to threaten these SAs on multiple occasions, but in the end i got what i wanted out of that key guy.
5. Confession, my car currently holds the coolant cap of some random other indica. This happened when my coolant tank cap was not functioning despite it being a new tank. The SA simply went around all the cars and removed an existing cap and fitted it on my car. The problem is that now the faulty cap of mine is on some other indica. That will mean unnecessary costs for no fault of theirs. This is the quality you get.
6. The coolant leak issue in my case was ongoing for ~2 years. Every time i was assured the problem is solved, only to discover later that the problem is still present. Ths brings down my rating to -ve if possible.
AveekKumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 00:53   #19
BHPian

Pleasant Experience - Narain Singh & Sons, Delhi & Jai Motors, Jodhpur

I voted "Exceeds Your Expectation" because of my very positive experiences with a trusted TASS - Narain Singh and Sons in Jahangirpuri, Delhi. I was directed to this place by another BHPian - windiesel and I'm glad I found it! You can read my review here . Their staff is courteous and knowledgeable. Although they may not go out of the way to please you, they lay their cards honestly on the table. They will tell you exactly what's wrong with your car and what it will take to get it rectified. Some of my colleagues who have got work done on their Tata cars at this TASS have come away suitably satisfied with the work done.

Another pleasant experience I had was with Jai cars - a Tata Service Centre in Jodhpur where I had gone at closing time to rectify a faulty bonnet release lever. They were downing the shutters and I half expected them to turn me away but they stayed open late enough to change the release lever and also insert studs to the side cladding which had come loose and fasten the windshield washer reservoir with a nut which had worked itself loose and fallen off. The total damage was IIRC Rs 114 with a printed bill ! And all the guys were, from the guard who let me in mechanic who worked on my car, to the accountant who made the bill were patient and courteous, even though it was closing time.

I guess it differs from workshop to workshop. I have visited various MASS where the SA are mostly trying to sell you stuff that the car doesn't need, and at the end of the day you realise that all the things that you had outlined to the SA have not been looked into. So all in all, my experience with the TASS that I have interacted with has been nice.

Cheers !
Ironhide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 12:08   #20
BHPian

BHPians,
Did any of you have any experience with Venkataramana Motors in Gachibowli, Hyderabad? It seems to be a new dealership. Wanted to know any first hand experiences and reviews of this dealer.
Old 11th October 2021, 16:11   #21
BHPian

Hello All,

Does anyone have any experiences with Heritage motors Service centre in Thane. They seem to have shops - 1 in Wagle Estate and 1 in Manpada. Which one is better amongst the two? Any particular experience of Safari Storme owners would be much appreciated as that's what I need to get serviced.

Cheers,
Old 11th October 2021, 17:59   #22
BHPian

Voted "Improvement Required". I was never comfortable with TASCs. I'd to switch to FNGs after the warranty period. In Chennai I'd used OMR checkpoint, and they were good. Also, VST was OK.

And please note that my service period was when TaMo was not having heavy demand for their vehicles. And still the service was bad. I shudder what I'd have had to face if I'd made the mistake of buying a Tata car again now, given they are selling cars like hot cakes.

I'm not bashing Tata. They do make good cars. But the fit, finish and consistency is lacking.

Regards,
lsjey
lsjey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 15:08   #23
BHPian

Hi,

I am about to give my car for servicing here. Do you have any experience with them to share?

Regards

Most Viewed