Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2011, 11:45   #1
BHPian

FIAT aftersales - Cargo Motors (S.G. Highway) Ahmedabad

So apparently, the experience that I was very afraid of is finally taking shape. FIAT's After Sales Service.

I bought my Punto 1.4 Emo PK from Cargo Motors, Ahmedabad in May 2010. The delivery was worse than pathetic. I have penned it down here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-4-emo-pk.html

The first service was as shoddy as a roadside garage. They screwed up the Power window assembly of my brand new car. And a few weeks, a lot of calls and emails later, the entire assembly was changed under warranty.

Refer: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2140780

Fast forward to last week. I chanced upon news of FIAT upgrading the AC assembly of Punto and Linea manufactured before Oct 2010. Mine is a Sep 2009 model and cooling was indeed an issue. The dealer never got in touch with me though it was extensively mentioned in all the PR releases that Dealers were contacting Customers on priority to get the AC upgraded.

First call To FIAT's Customer support and they confirmed the upgrade and asked me to contact the dealer.

Second call to the dealer where the SA informed me that they will check the vehicle but confirmed that this upgrade is only available for Punto 1.2 and Linea 1.4.

Third call again to the Customer Support wherein they reiterated that it is applicable to all FIAT Petrol cars irrespective of the Engine's displacement.

Within a few minutes, I again received a call from the Dealer and SA mentioning that my AC will be upgraded and he will confirm on Monday 7th Feb as they are running short of the kits.

At the same time, I shoot an email to the Customer support with my VIN no and Registration to ascertain whether my Car is eligible or not. Standard reply: The dealer will get in touch!

Today - Wednesday - 9th Feb: No word from the dealer as well as the Customer Support inspite of reminders. Marked a copy to ceodesk@fiapl.com and ravi.bhatia@fiapl.com with huge expectations. Alas, no progress.

Finally called up the Customer Support and lodged a complaint against the dealer. Complaint no: 1-11604554337

Ab aage kya hoga ye sab uparwaale pe chhodna padega!

Apparently, dealing with Cargo tests your patience and all other tolerance factors. Coupled with FIAT's 'Who Cares?!' attitude, Cargo is in true terms a pain in the *** department (Pun intended).

Note: If you want a FIAT, make sure you never go to Cargo Motors, Ahmedabad. You end up paying 7 lacs for a Super vehicle and then get illtreated by these morons.

Damn!
Old 9th February 2011, 12:15   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: FIAT aftersales - Cargo Motors (S.G. Highway) Ahmedabad

Sad to hear that such a good car is being let down by terrible service. Hope the issue gets resolved at the earliest !

Have you tried following up on the emails? Companies usually take notice of people who are persistent in their complaints over emails.
Old 9th February 2011, 12:36   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Sad to hear that such a good car is being let down by terrible service. Hope the issue gets resolved at the earliest !

Have you tried following up on the emails? Companies usually take notice of people who are persistent in their complaints over emails.
Yup absolutely! I am sending them reminders. As this is my 3rd experience with them, I am quite used to reminding that I am the customer here!
Old 9th February 2011, 13:23   #4
BHPian

Truly horrible.
Its nice on FIAT part to fix the issue but really being let down by Tata A.S.S.

If FIAT have any serious business intentions in India, better they look into Dealers & Service Centers first.
Old 9th February 2011, 13:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

Isn't there any other dealer other than cargo whom you can go to?
Old 9th February 2011, 14:13   #6
BHPian

Re: FIAT aftersales - Cargo Motors (S.G. Highway) Ahmedabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Isn't there any other dealer other than cargo whom you can go to?
Yup, there is Universal ASPI. But that's like the other end of the town! I might shift over to them once I get a clarification from FIAT and Cargo regarding the present issue.
Old 9th February 2011, 14:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

Call the other dealer and ask them for the same, who knows that you would be lucky..
Old 9th February 2011, 14:39   #8
BHPian

Just called in at ASPI. They transferred my call to so many persons except the Service Advisor that eventually, I had to hang up!
Old 10th February 2011, 13:00   #9
BHPian

So apparently, raising a complaint at FIAT actually compelled the Service Manager at Cargo to take heed. Received an email from him yest evening.

Dear Sir,

This has reference to your email feedback on dated.7/2/2011 regarding
your vehicle grande punto.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We would like to inform you that required spare which will be received at our end in due course of time.

Kindly bear with us till then.

Please feel free to contact undersigned.

Thank & Regards,
KANDARP BHATT-CRM

No idea what due course of time translates to. I have replied to them to explain that due course of time.
Old 12th February 2011, 11:05   #10
Senior - BHPian

Someone once joked saying "customer woh hain jo kasht kartha hain aur phir mar tha hain!!!"........... lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by @tombum View Post
Yup absolutely! I am sending them reminders. As this is my 3rd experience with them, I am quite used to reminding that I am the customer here!
I found a new meaning for Customer Service - Customer Providing the service....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by @tombum View Post
No idea what due course of time translates to. I have replied to them to explain that due course of time.
I doubt you will get any mail at all if not a specific date!!!
Old 12th February 2011, 16:48   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Someone once joked saying "customer woh hain jo kasht kartha hain aur phir mar tha hain!!!"........... lol

I found a new meaning for Customer Service - Customer Providing the service....lol

I doubt you will get any mail at all if not a specific date!!!
Yeah! Exactly! During my last email exchange with the GM of Cargo, I had specifically mentioned that it seems you guys are the Customer here!
Old 12th February 2011, 16:54   #12
Senior - BHPian

tom,

sad to hear about your experience man. Its scary. Just the other day when we guys met we were discussing this issue cargo v/s ASPI but had no clue this would come into picture so soon.
Old 15th February 2011, 14:47   #13
Senior - BHPian

thats nothing new to hear for Cargo motors.Yes Aspi motors are nothing exceptional as well but still better to cargo motors.Sorry to hear your bad experience as well.Get in touch with Jigar as Aspi motors in service centre and he would look forward to your problem, nice chap to deal with.
Old 21st February 2011, 12:20   #14
BHPian

Thanks guys! Well, it comes as no surprise as I expecting a well 'not care a hoot?!' attitude from Cargo.

It's 2 weeks since the CRM of Cargo assured me that he will revert back to me within 8 days for the upgrade. I followed up on the complaint that I raised today with the Customer Care dept of FIAT. The guy assured me that he will escalate it to the Regional Manager and confirm by today evening or tomorrow.
Old 24th February 2011, 16:07   #15
BHPian

So, I am pretty frustrated as once again, as expected, the Customer Support din not follow up on the complaint. So I shot an email again to almost everyone on the contact list of Fiat, the IDs of whom I sourced from another forum and could manage to elicit a response from someone at FIAT.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your communication, we regret the inconvenience caused to you with regards to concerns referred.

We have coordinated the matter with our distributor Tata Motors /Dealer Cargo Motors Ahmedabad for update , required back up is rendered on priority , we assure you concerns will be resolved to your satisfaction , you will be hearing shortly , till then we request to please bear with us .

Thanking you for your cooperation & assuring you of our best services at all times.

With warm regards,

Mangesh Kodalkar
Customer Services
Linea & Grande Punto
Fiat India Automobiles Limited
B 19 MIDC Indusrial Area
Ranjangaon Tal Shirur
Pune 412210
India

Now, another round of waiting for some response and meanwhile Cargo Motors has not even bothered to reply yet!

Update: Suddenly, out of the blue, Cargo decides to respond.

Dear Sir,

As per your trailing mail, we are continues follow-up with spare part dept,

but it takes a some more time at least 1 week.

We have intimate to you immediately after receiving spare.

So kindly bear with us till then.

Regards,

Kandarp Bhatt-CRM

One more week, I just hope they get it done before the Summer sets in otherwise the whole upgrade will be futile.

Last edited by @tombum : 24th February 2011 at 16:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks