Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2011, 19:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Showroom - MyCar, Wakad (Pune) - tries to sell me a defective / DEMO car!

HMK, it does sound fishy. It was quite daring of you to have interrogated the sales rep on seeing the discrepancies. I just hope this is a one-off incidence with this one particular dealer.

Old 13th February 2011, 19:22   #17
BHPian

re: Maruti Showroom - MyCar, Wakad (Pune) - tries to sell me a defective / DEMO car!

I was shocked to read this. I was under the impression that the Mycar dealership was reputed for its quality customer service.
etchemkay, I appreciate your alertness and also thank this forum for empowering us with the requisite knowledge.
Old 13th February 2011, 19:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post

The Tickets also shows it as Maruti SX4 ZXi MT, Azure Grey Color, BS IV - so the make model is correct isnt it?

narayanang76
Yup .. the make and model are correct. I inspected the engine bay and saw that it is not a DDiS. Also, the ABS/EBD module (not sure what it is called) was also present.
The issue is that the badging (of the car I saw on Saturday) said DDiS although it was clearly not a diesel (manufacturing defect?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
I was shocked to read this. I was under the impression that the Mycar dealership was reputed for its quality customer service.
etchemkay, I appreciate your alertness and also thank this forum for empowering us with the requisite knowledge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
HMK, it does sound fishy. It was quite daring of you to have interrogated the sales rep on seeing the discrepancies. I just hope this is a one-off incidence with this one particular dealer.
Thanks guys, I was just doing what any forum member here would've done. And shared it here because knowledge is power after all.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 13th February 2011 at 21:53. Reason: Please use the EDIT function instead of posting back-to-back posts within 20 minutes. Thanks.
Old 13th February 2011, 19:27   #19
BHPian

According to the VIN the car is a Jan 2011 produced car, as narayanang76 said the may have been ordered and modified with the kits for some other customer.

I think the discs are fine, nothing suspicious about it. Check with some other dealers, 2011 made cars may have reached their stockyard by now.

EDIT: etchemkay if you've seen SX4 Diesel in the stockyard, the launch of the SX4 Diesel is very near.

Last edited by adishenoy : 13th February 2011 at 19:30.
Old 13th February 2011, 19:33   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adishenoy View Post
According to the VIN the car is a Jan 2011 produced car, as narayanang76 said the may have been ordered and modified with the kits for some other customer.

I think the discs are fine, nothing suspicious about it. Check with some other dealers, 2011 made cars may have reached their stockyard by now.

EDIT: etchemkay if you've seen SX4 Diesel in the stockyard, the launch of the SX4 Diesel is very near.
The sales rep, after I started questioning, mentioned that this was actually meant to be a demo car.

Alright .. I thought the discs looked used (to my untrained eyes) so I took a snap.

Yes, the launch is very close (19th, right?). And I saw not one but at least 4 ZDi vehicles excluding the ZDi demo car which was there for cleaning.
EDIT: Incidentally, all 4 ZDis were white in color ..
EDIT AGAIN: I was also offered a test drive .. But, in all this mess, I skipped the offer.

Last edited by etchemkay : 13th February 2011 at 19:35.
Old 13th February 2011, 19:48   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by etchemkay View Post
The sales rep, after I started questioning, mentioned that this was actually meant to be a demo car.

Alright .. I thought the discs looked used (to my untrained eyes) so I took a snap.

Yes, the launch is very close (19th, right?). And I saw not one but at least 4 ZDi vehicles excluding the ZDi demo car which was there for cleaning.
EDIT: Incidentally, all 4 ZDis were white in color ..
EDIT AGAIN: I was also offered a test drive .. But, in all this mess, I skipped the offer.
The grille and the alloys clearly show that it is a VVT. They might have changed their mind to use it as a display car after you showed interest in a Azure Grey SX4. The car is fine but looks like it has not been handled properly.

I'll suggest you to go for another car.
Old 13th February 2011, 19:56   #22
BHPian

Something is fishy. What did they say about the remains of the DDiS Logos? Forget this showroom, and go to some other one as suggested by the others. I didn't expect this kind of a patch-up by a Maruti showroom! Try bringing the matter to the notice of the Media and/or consumer court. Hope everything goes about fine.

Slightly OT: Have you no plans of considering the SX4 ZDi??
Old 13th February 2011, 20:06   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Slightly OT: Have you no plans of considering the SX4 ZDi??
Nope .. purchasing a diesel isn't justified by my typical mileage (averaged around 13K kilometers per year in the last 4.5 years).

EDIT: .. and it is WAY off budget for me. 8.5L on-road is the maximum I could stretch my budget.
Old 14th February 2011, 11:22   #24
BHPian

etchemkay,

I visited the mycar showroom in Wakad 3 weeks back just to have a look at Ritz. I was having a hazy memory that Ritz having a variant (special edition) called Genius (actually it was Genus). Though the sales guy was a gentleman but when inquired he got blank and was having no idea abut any such model ever existed! Later he went to confirm with other guys and returned with the answer that it was a special edition during some festivals and now not available. He kindly explained me that see now Alto comes with a FLASH badge, but its for limited period and may not continue so (he meant "FLASH" badge) after some time.
Anways, I shared this incidents with friends too that see this is the direct effect of MS enjoying good sales numbers. They don't care to train their sales persons about their own products contrary to my belief that one should be knowledgeable about even competitors products.
Old 14th February 2011, 12:29   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

etchemkay,

Sorry to hear about your experience and am so glad that you got out of the mess. Frankly most people would have only seen the car cleaned up in the dealership and would probably not even know that they had been stuck with a used/demo/Godknowswhat car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etchemkay View Post
Wow! I've washed my hands off MyCar forever. I really wished they were good because they are conveniently located from my home and office. But, better go that extra mile than regret later..
Yup- the fact that they are located so close to a lot of people's office is probably what gets them so many patrons. Self included. I have had indifferent experiences with MyCar- they once charged me 7K for a regular Swift service and when I checked, they had put in all kinds of additives etc. which were totally unnecessary.

I have since transferred loyalties to Chowgule, which though located in Katraj, offers a pick-up/drop service and is a much better bunch of people to deal with. Sai Service on JM Road are also pretty good, I hear. Mahalaxmi on SB Road is still new but apparently they have a good reputation in Baramati (not verified)- in fact anyone is better than MyCar for sure. How did they dare pull off something like this?

I am sur you have grounds for criminal proceeedings against these losers: in any case, I hope you get your blocked money quickly and your SX4 in desired trim and condition from some other dealer. Keep us posted!
Old 14th February 2011, 13:17   #26
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 16th February 2011 at 17:37.
Arkin evoisrevo is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th February 2011, 14:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

Stay clear of places like this. It is disgusting the way dealerships employ tactics like this to pass on cars that have been used for demo, driven or not taken care of properly to unsuspecting customers.

Even if you do go ahead and buy the car from some other place, do send the email with proof to the Maruti officials. This will benefit other unsuspecting people. Remember, if not you, someone else will have definitely fallen prey to those two cars. Though there is nothig wrong with those cars, but you know the feeling. And dont go by odo readings, very often, they disconnect the odo cable and drive it for a longer time

Last edited by thedreamcatcher : 14th February 2011 at 14:11.
Old 15th February 2011, 11:05   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Even if you do go ahead and buy the car from some other place, do send the email with proof to the Maruti officials. This will benefit other unsuspecting people. Remember, if not you, someone else will have definitely fallen prey to those two cars. Though there is nothig wrong with those cars, but you know the feeling. And dont go by odo readings, very often, they disconnect the odo cable and drive it for a longer time
Exactly what I suspected .. the state of the car was such (used bottles, bits of snacks littered, condition of matting, stained sets and on and on ..) that there is NO way that it had done only 63 kms .. definitely had a disconnected odometer.

Actually, I have shared this story with all my close friends and one of them who had recently booked a new Yamaha FZ rushed to the showroom to inspect the piece allocated to him before his cheque for final payment got cleared. So, stories like these tend to help not only those who would interact with MyCar or Maruti, but everyone in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
etchemkay,

Sorry to hear about your experience and am so glad that you got out of the mess. Frankly most people would have only seen the car cleaned up in the dealership and would probably not even know that they had been stuck with a used/demo/Godknowswhat car.

Yup- the fact that they are located so close to a lot of people's office is probably what gets them so many patrons. Self included. I have had indifferent experiences with MyCar- they once charged me 7K for a regular Swift service and when I checked, they had put in all kinds of additives etc. which were totally unnecessary.

I have since transferred loyalties to Chowgule, which though located in Katraj, offers a pick-up/drop service and is a much better bunch of people to deal with. Sai Service on JM Road are also pretty good, I hear. Mahalaxmi on SB Road is still new but apparently they have a good reputation in Baramati (not verified)- in fact anyone is better than MyCar for sure. How did they dare pull off something like this?

I am sur you have grounds for criminal proceeedings against these losers: in any case, I hope you get your blocked money quickly and your SX4 in desired trim and condition from some other dealer. Keep us posted!
I have heard great things about Chowgule from many folks (here and otherwise) so, am seriously considering them. Spoke to Mahalaxmi folks yesterday and they said that delivery of a new Azure Grey ZXi could be given to me latest by 5th of March which sounds reasonable too.

Updates regarding MyCar :
I got a visit from MyCar folks yesterday - the sales manager Mr. Pradeep and the team leader (forgot his name). I spoke to them very briefly because I was busy in meetings. They basically agreed that it was a "mistake" on their end - the car was a demo piece and apparently NOONE in the entire the sales organization knew that a demo piece was being allocated to a customer till 2 days back !! They basically pushed all blame on the sales rep (Swapnil) which I think is not entirely his - they're all likely to be knowingly involved.
He also tried to persuade me to keep my booking but I told him in not-so-kind words that if he were to bring that topic up, I may lose it and stop talking to him courteously and really start blasting him. He didn't say anything after that.
I sent across the email for cancellation of my booking to MyCar last evening too. I'm hoping that at least the cancellation goes ahead without any issues.

I'm hoping I get contact details of any senior Maruti folks to escalate this issue with. Anyone?
Old 15th February 2011, 11:22   #29
Senior - BHPian

While I have only had a TD experience with Chowgule, it went very well. In fact I had made a TD booking on the Maruti website. They called me only once to arrange for the address and timing. Agreed they were late by about 20 mins, but the SP called to say he was caught in traffic. Unfortunately they had only an AT version of the SX4, but they answered all questions patiently and said they would arrange for the MT TD at my convenience.
In terms of sale, one of my relatives looking for the Vista landed up at Pandit Auto only to be told that no TD is available as it is a tried and tested car. They called Chowgule who landed at their residence the next day with a WagonR. After a convincing TD, the SP managed to convince them to sell their old hatchback (also some Maruti) to the dealer and provided a really good price + loyalty discount. Within anhour, the guys were out of the door with the old car and the new booking signed. Delivery is expected in a week
To summarise their behaviour seems reliable and to the point. I havent seen them make any unnecessary statements.
Disclaimer: I am in no way related to Chowgule motors or MSIL and one should consider previous experience is only an indicator but no guarantee for future dealings
Good wishes for your dealer search!
Old 15th February 2011, 12:44   #30
Senior - BHPian

send a courier with your experience and the link to team-bhp too to marketing head "maruti udyog limited" gurgaon.

once i had couriered a 3 page handwritten letter to QA and SERVICE head MUL gurgaon and a team of 8 people came to my house within 15 days.

My CAR was knowingly trying to pass a demo car which must have run a lot with disconnected odo to you.

with all the evidences posted here i suggest you courier the same to MUL and write a note below " if this is not dealt with disciplinary action, you will publish this in media and news paper".

and i suggest you sai service if you want to book the SX4.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks