Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2011, 17:25   #1
BHPian

My email to Hyundai A.S.S. after 6 incidents with my Santro Xing in Noida

Folks, below is a personal and harrowing experience with Hyundai Service Centers in Noida.
Email to cr@hmil.net
Hi,

This is with reference to my car number UP16 X XXXX (transferred to Noida - old number KA 51 X XXXX).
First of all thank you very much to the Hyundai corporate team - Mr Ahmad, Mr Bali, Mr Vivek Garg for a speedy resolution of an incident involving my 2007 Sep Hyundai Santro Xing.

Background:
This is my third Hyundai vehicle since 2003 (all 3 purchased from Mr Roshan at Advaith Hyundai in different years). I have been a big fan of Hyundai sales & service for the last decade and specially Advaith Motors in Bangalore.

Present:
However, I moved to Noida in 2008; got my current car transferred to a Noida number (as stated above).
My first service in Noida was done by Nimbus. After trying them a few times for service (and being highly dissatisfied) I switched to Capital. In fact, I was so unhappy with Nimbus that I had to escalate an issue to Mr U K Sharma (GM Service) & Mr Sunil Dewan (Owner). Only then was it resolved. Capital Hyundai has been a better experience than Nimbus but leaves a lot of room for betterment.

The latest issue:
In the latest incident, my car was serviced on Monday (14-Feb-10) and it was hardly driven 50 kms after that. But on 16-Feb-10 the car refused to start. I promptly requested the service team in the evening that my car be checked the next morning.
The Service technician (breakdown service) arrived at 10.30 (as promised). However, the gentleman instead of using a G-Scan swapped parts from his car into my santro to find what the root cause was. This hit & trial method (which I personally think is highly inappropriate) went on till 1 PM. By this time my patience had run out and I decided to escalate the issue to Capital. Not much moved and then I had to escalate to Hyundai Corporate. After this things started moving very quickly. Another car with a G-Scan arrived and the issue was diagnosed to a failed alternator. The car was driven to the dealership and the part promptly replaced.
Am currently satisfied with the intervention from Hyundai & the resolution by Capital Hyundai.

Takeaway:
There has been a pattern which I have observed with Hyundai A.S.S. after moving to Noida (NCR). My car gives me some or the other trouble only after a service at the dealer. Not sure if this is too much of a co-incidence (6 of them in the last 2 yrs at 2 different dealerships in Noida) or just my bad luck.
Whatever it is, it does dent the confidence of an old and repeat customer of Hyundai.

Regards,
Nitin Rai

Last edited by nitin.rai : 18th February 2011 at 17:28. Reason: Spell check
Old 18th February 2011, 18:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: My email to Hyundai A.S.S. after 6 incidents with my Santro Xing in Noida

Quote:
Not sure if this is too much of a co-incidence (6 of them in the last 2 yrs at 2 different dealerships in Noida) or just my bad luck.
Hope its just a co-incidence. Also i think Hyundai has done a good job ensuring your escalation was responded promptly. This is how a company saves its face by providing the support to the end customer and making the service stations do their work properly.
Old 18th February 2011, 19:20   #3
BHPian

Hyundai's after sales service has taken a beating in the recent years, more so in the last 5 years. Talking about co-incidences, is it merely one that Hyundai's troubles have steadily escalated in the last 5 years, with absolutely no resolution in sight?

It is interesting to note here that B.V.R Subbu played a pivotal role in estabilishing the brand from zilch in India. He has largely been credited with the success of Hyundai in India. Subbu laid emphasis on after sales service and rightly so during the initial years HMIL's service made headlines all across the country. is it merely because of Subbu's exit in March 2006? In the recent years the same after sales service has dented Hyundai's image in India.

Don't get me wrong, I WAS a Hyundai fan too, we owned an Accent in 2001(GLX, top end variant then, before the launch of GTX Tornado), sold it for a Swift and then came back to Hyundai for i-20. But now the after sales service of Hyundai has deteriorated, and i will not be wrong if i call it rotten.

Just hope Hyundai learns from its mistakes and is more careful in appointing dealerships, who really are responsible foe shunning customers with their lack of experience.

Last edited by saurabhkanchan : 18th February 2011 at 19:41. Reason: missed out a detail, sorry!!!
Old 18th February 2011, 21:04   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Hope its just a co-incidence. Also i think Hyundai has done a good job ensuring your escalation was responded promptly. This is how a company saves its face by providing the support to the end customer and making the service stations do their work properly.
@VW2010 - I personally believe that its more than just coincidence. Parts failure noticed only after service (thrice) within 1-2 days post service & that too within 40-50 kms. Though I dont have any evidence to corroborate what I feel; thats why didnt mention this in my call or email.

@saurabhkanchan - Am with you. I have personally felt the A.S.S. quality go down in the last 9 yrs owning 3 vehicles. Sad but true; the NCR (Delhi street smartness) amplifies it in the north I guess.
Old 20th February 2011, 11:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

Its sad when a loyal customer of hyundai who was happy with past service has to write a letter on service quality to hyundai.
I have been told too by friends that after sales service quality has been going down the drain. There are a couple of other threads on the forum, highlighting the shoddy service practices of hyundai dealers. One poster also mentioned on his thread, of how the service guy conned him telling him he needed to put some additives or something, which in turn ended up doubling his service bill.
Old 19th August 2011, 18:04   #6
BANNED

was thinking of getting my accent serviced from capital this time.. but have noticed too many dissatisfied bhpians recently..
& that "coincidence" - something i experienced with my matiz (FNG in this case) , the car would have some trouble or part failure after every service at a particular FNG.. things were back to normal as soon as i switched to a different one.
Old 21st August 2011, 13:39   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Its sad when a loyal customer of hyundai who was ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
was thinking of getting my accent serviced from capital this time...
I was so tired of HASS that I finally sold off my car.
Was not exactly happy to let it go but the service guys didn't leave me with an option.
I am looking at a sedan and trust me did not even consider the ANHV.
Old 21st August 2011, 21:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai

I was so tired of HASS that I finally sold off my car.
Was not exactly happy to let it go but the service guys didn't leave me with an option.
I am looking at a sedan and trust me did not even consider the ANHV.
It' really sad, but you were really left with no option.
Are you starting a new what sedan thread?
any cars shortlisted.
Look forward to joining you on that thread.
Good luck!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks