Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2011, 16:23   #1
BHPian

A different TASS - Pandit Auto @ Bhosari (Langewadi). Excellent experience!

Recently had to get the first free service done for my newly purchased Tata Safari 2.2 VTT displaying 1500 odd kms on the odometer . The service got due on the 12th day from the purchase . The odometer was already in the range of 1300 kms , reminding me its due for a service .

The run-in period was going by and the engine demanded the regular tune-ups for better performance .

It all started with a call to a couple of TASS @ Pandit Autos, Sehkaar Nagar , Pandit Autos , Tilak Road etc etc .

As all are aware the service department of TATA seems to be loaded extraordinarily (atleast they pretend so ) . I gave a call to the Tilak Road guys just to listen " Sir Safari yahan service nahin hoti , kahin aur try karo" (We don't service Safari's , try elsewhere ). Before I could even speak the long tone , Trrrr , the guy just hanged up .

Agitated , dialled the number for the Pandit Autos ,Sehkaar Nagar . Somehow was greeted ok , just asked if a service booking for the current month is available , a YES was replied followed by a question sir Free or Paid , couldn't understand how would it affect told the receptionist "Its Free First Service " The immediate response was (within fractions of a second) " Sir we don't have any free appointments for Safari before 06 of March (almost 20 days later )" . Please try for other locations .

Irritated , was just cursing why TATA gives a free service coupon if its that great a burden for their dealers to do it. Poor customers almost struggle to get the appointments and then the robust Service Advisors (to be read DUMB ) .

Anyways , had to get it done , so finally called up the Pandit Auto @ Bhosari (Langewadi) . The call was answered by a female voice and greeted . Told the lady the details for the service . There wasn't a question asked if its free or paid . All details were taken and I was informed that I can get it for anytime on/after the coming Monday ( I was calling on a Friday noon ) . Happy with the response , took an appointment for the Wednesday (9:30 AM) . Planned to take a day off and get it done . I didn't knew the driving directions from my place to the the service centers and was helped every bit with the directions . All set ,happy I was .

Wedesday (8:30 AM ): Left from my place to pick up a colleague to accompany me to the place . Drove close to the place then somehow managed to get lost in the industrial area . Took the all successful indian approach of asking pedestrians/ halwkers / pan tapri wals's but no luck . NOBODY had a clue where it was . Called up the booking number of the center again to get directions , some rings and the phone was answered . Told the scenario asking for driving directions . Every possible effort was made to make me reach the service center and the phone was continuosly on until I reached the main gate of the Center .

Well I somehow felt it was my bad not to spot a small looking place(atleast the entrance ) while going past it . I was somehow assuming the gates and the boards to be a lot big . My bad .

Reaching the main gate , was greeted by the security gaurd and was shown way to the parking area for inspections of the vehicle . The gaurd came up with a token kinda thing which had my registartion plate numbers on it . Was told sir please wait here only , need not to search anywhere , I'ld get you a Service Advisor in a minute .

Wasn't expecting this treatment at all from the TASS guys , I still made my way to the reception behind the gaurd . Spoke to the receptionist and was told the Service Advisor would be there in a min. Please wait !!

The second surprise , a guy came with a tray in hand with water to offer followed by Tea/ Coffee . This was a real shocker for me . In the last 12 years of visiting the TASS / TATA showrooms across places never had seen this as a practise . Trust me nobody cared to offer a glass of water even when I was buying a 9 Lac vehicle . .

Anyways series of shocks , and I was wondering what's next !!

The SA arrived with the Job Sheet in his hands and a smile on his face . "Gud Morning Sir " . I was like What the heck , is it real .

The SA went inside the parked vehicle and asked me to join in on the co-driver side . Started with all the usual inspections / problems / niggles etc etc . The SA kept noting down all the problems being told . I handed over a sheet with probably 22 complaints about the vehicle ( I had been noting them down , since day 1 ) . He carefully read all of them and said all seems to be genuine problems ( Hurray Team-BHP , we know our vehicles , better than anybody ) .

He suggested adding additive & tyre polishing . The answer as expected from a BHP-ian was " NO Please ". No glitches , he said the Service Bill would be Rs 0 . I was like how can you say that , without topping up and he was like , " Sir Top ups are our responsibility for the Free services , hence No charges , its Warranty " Couldn't believe my ears .

He attached the sheet to the Job card , gave a copy to me and asked if I would be waiting or would take the delivery later in the evening . I said I came far from 40 odd kms and hence would be taking it along .

He said "Sir vehicle should be ready in a couple of hours ( aprrox 4 hrs ) . Please have a seat in the lounge . "

I preferred to take a look as the problems are solved in the workshop so told him I would like to watch the work being done . Happily , he said " Sir your call if you want to see the grease and the oils , you are free to move anywhere you like , just be careful about oils etc " WHOA !! where am I , I can't believe it .

Went out for some morning Tea / Bfast / Smoke kind of things and returned to see the vehicle being done . Had some issues with the hose pipes ,power windows etc . Watched the work being done including replacements etc to my satisfaction before it was Lunch time bell . It had been 3 hours and the vehicle was just awaiting a pressure wash and a wipe before delivery .

Whiling time around the workshop the SA came and said "Sir a few minutes more and your ride would be ready , lets get the Gate pass done to save time menawhile ". I didn't had any reason to question his intent , he billed for Rs 0 and got the Gate pass done . I couldn't resist myself telling him what I am trying to tell here about the exceptional attitude .

Finally after 20 mins came the vehicle , ready . I inspected for the reported problems and all looked good , except for a blower motor which was not in stock .

Happy with the experience gave them 10/10 on the Customer Feedback form and left .

The LTD sticker at the back probably did the trick .

After 300 more kms of driving after the service I can say " This Service Center is unlike TASS " Hope they continue to serve like this

Fellow BHP-ians " Try it " .

Regards,
Pankaj

Last edited by Stratos : 2nd March 2011 at 17:09.
jealousdiamond is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2011, 16:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: A different TASS - Pandit Auto @ Bhosari (Langewadi). Excellent experience!

@Pankaj - Great to read about your pleasant experience. Is this a new service centre that has opened? My paid service is due at 40,000 KM and can think of going to this place.
Old 28th February 2011, 16:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thats a great service experience. But did it happen in reality or is it just a dream you had, I believe you can understand my skepticism.

If it's for real kudos to Tata.
Old 28th February 2011, 18:54   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
@Pankaj - Great to read about your pleasant experience. Is this a new service centre that has opened? My paid service is due at 40,000 KM and can think of going to this place.
Well not really , it doesnt seem like a new one but honestly speaking even in a free service I was satisfied , though still to try a paid one on my Indica . Leme know in case you plan to go and I can get you the details and push the SA to provide the same quality to all BHP-ians .

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Thats a great service experience. But did it happen in reality or is it just a dream you had, I believe you can understand my skepticism.

If it's for real kudos to Tata.
Sir I too had to experience it to believe it . Just wish its not a one off lucky case and more people get the same treatment from them .
Old 28th February 2011, 19:07   #5
BHPian

Is this a dream or did that really happen, Well forget the tea,coffee and good morning stuff, I'd be extremely happy If i got a proper appointment and a hassle free service.

Well I got a question, is a car from another state entitled to the free service if it is taken to lets say the above mentioned service center?

Last edited by richie4u : 28th February 2011 at 19:09.
Old 28th February 2011, 21:15   #6
BHPian

Tata, job well done. I wait for the day our home grown vehicles trample the like of Hyundai, both in technology and customer satisfaction index. Kudos to the A.S.S the great work done, word-of-mouth publicity has a strong way in our country and this service center will defnitely get noted.

FIAT is steadily climbing the customer satisfaction index, Tata is also trying hard, watch out, our desi car companies are on a roll (i prefer to call FIAT desi because it has been around for a long long time in India)
Old 28th February 2011, 21:17   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
Well I got a question, is a car from another state entitled to the free service if it is taken to lets say the above mentioned service center?
AFAIK, you can get you car serviced at any of the company authorised dealerships across the country, irrespective of the state the car belongs to
Old 1st March 2011, 11:44   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: A different TASS - Pandit Auto @ Bhosari (Langewadi). Excellent experience!

Dude, you just had a dream experience! Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
The immediate response was (within fractions of a second) " Sir we don't have any free appointments for Safari before 06 of March (almost 20 days later )" . Please try for other locations .
In short, she's telling you "I couldn't care less that you have bought a million rupee Tata product. If you are going to pay me, only then you are welcome". Please complain about this experience to Tata. The attitude is shocking.

Quote:
The second surprise , a guy came with a tray in hand with water to offer followed by Tea/ Coffee . This was a real shocker for me . In the last 12 years of visiting the TASS / TATA showrooms across places never had seen this as a practise . Trust me nobody cared to offer a glass of water even when I was buying a 9 Lac vehicle .
Quote:
He said "Sir vehicle should be ready in a couple of hours ( aprrox 4 hrs ) . Please have a seat in the lounge . "
Truly impressive.

Quote:
I preferred to take a look as the problems are solved in the workshop so told him I would like to watch the work being done . Happily , he said " Sir your call if you want to see the grease and the oils , you are free to move anywhere you like , just be careful about oils etc " WHOA !! where am I , I can't believe it .
While you are happy he accepted your request, this is against insurance laws. Customers are not supposed to be allowed in a sensitive area like the workshop. Face it, you could get hurt. Who is liable then?
Old 1st March 2011, 12:01   #9
BHPian

Pankaj,
I think you are the first such guy I ever heard in the recent past, to have a pleasant experience with TASS. Congrats!
I too will surely take my would be 'Manza' to this place only, for its first service.
Also, came to know from their Mumbai corporate office, TWO more dealerships and their TASS are coming to Pune. Out of which one has already got its LOI. Hope this works out as a good competition to Pandit and also the image make over of Tata's in the A.S.S dept. Good Luck Tata Motors.

Let's hope for the best for all the Tatas' owners in Pune.

Regards,
Maverick79.
Old 1st March 2011, 12:31   #10
BHPian

Well guys I just wish it doesn't turn out to be a 1 off lucky case . I still can't believe it though I have experienced it .

I had been to TASS across various cities and this was just the second best experience I ever had with a TASS , first one is of a dealership owned by a friend of mine at my native . Have almost visited all TASS in Pune ( least to say Pathetic as usual ) until I went here .

This was just simply good so had to write about it .
Its simple when it was good it deserves to be appreciated , even if it was for once . Job well done .

Well , just to honest and mention the truth that I somehow got irritated with the amount of time being taken for a first free service , though I could see the vehicle being attended (all time through), My bad .

To be honest the SA said 4 hours approx and it was there in 4.5 hours (10 AM - 3PM ) which included the 1 hour lunch . Lets discount the guys for the Lunch time

Hope somebody (a Team Bhpian ) else quickly vouches for this Service Center .

Last edited by Stratos : 4th March 2011 at 16:20. Reason: Refrain from using more than 2 smileys per post. Thanks
Old 1st March 2011, 12:54   #11
BHPian

I don't think that it's new here in Bangalore. Guys at KHT and Concorde are very courteous and I have never had any problems with the TASS! Having said that, I do have a problem with the truck for it's niggling issues and their technical competency! At the end of the day the only thing that matters to me is that the car should be in a good condition and not about whether the TASS talks to me rudely or nicely! Most of the times the "Meethi churi" rips us off unknowingly! Having a TBHP sticker? Hell yeah, I've seen it work (Though I don't have a sticker on my truck)!
Old 23rd March 2011, 13:34   #12
BHPian

Well , Just returned yesterday evening from the reported service center once again . I now can vouch for this Service center . The Service center is just a real Non - Tata experience .

The reason for the visit : The great build / QA quality of the TATA vehicles . The radiator Hose pipe went kaput . Bursted all of a sudden , spilling 6 ltrs of coolant and leaving the radiator and the supply tank empty .

Topped up with a few litres of water in the radiator /aux tank and drove staright to the Service center .

The Venue :
Reached the service center (asked for the SA (Amol) who attended the car the first time(service)) . The fellow appeared with a smile and said " What happened Sir , you back again so soon " . Told him the story .
He was happy to acknowledge the complaint and said " Sir it just might take a few minutes if its just replacement of the Hose Pipe and we would try to deliver it ASAP, please be around . I opted for being with the vehicle and he was cordial enough to say " Completely your call " . The vehicle went inside the workshop with the Job card . Diagnostics performed on it revealed the burst Hose pipe . Replacement pipe was called for , meanwhile I had a discussion with the Chief Supervisor kind of guy for the workshop Mr Raghunath (a gem of a person ) , pateint enough to listen to the troubled customer and suggest possible solutions to it .

I was very keen on getting the diagnostics to the second level as the kaput hose pipe was for sure related to something creating some extra pressure /choking somewhere resulting in a burst (blown twice in 3000 kms ) . Mr Raghunath obliged by instructing the head mechanic to find the Root Cause for the blown hose pipe . Hit and Trial techniques performed , all found OK and the only culprit that can be seen was a bigger hose Pipe connecting the Radiator and the engine (Sunam's experience was at the back of my mind ) . This pipe was somehwhat bend at the center and was of a length more than what was required . A cross check was done with some other Safaris lying out there and was observed that it definately was a bit longer tha required . A replacement was out of stock , so the existing one was chopped off a few inches (3 inches) and refitted . This time the fitting looked tad proper . No bends whatsover . I was assured that the replacement hose pipe would be ordered for the next due service . All good reasons to trust such guys .

Have driven around 100 kms from the change / mod and no problems surfaced till time .

The coolant was refilled and I requested for headlamp levelling (due from 1st service ),since I had been with them for almost 4-5 hours , they were impressed by the patience I had to get things done and started with the levelling . The guy tried levelling the RH light which was going way up even on the lower beam . Tried , tried and tried , no luck the adjusting motor seemed kaput . The RH headlight was removed from the body and the assembly opened , tweaks performed , no luck . Tried everything , no luck, a warranty replacement was ordered . New headlight console replaced and was fully functional .

Further I requested just for a quick engine bay wash , as there was collant spillage all over the place due to the burst hose pipe . The SA was humble enough to accomadate that and vehicle was taken to the wash bay for wash .He offered a complete quick wash /vaccum , but I was running short of time , hence refrained from the chivalray on offer .

Trust me guys if some TASS even offers such things , polite words ,its just a wonderful feeling .

The engine bay washed / dried and vehicle driven outside the gate , ready for the drive back home .

Gate pass signed by Mr Raghunath and I was off to home .

On my way and looking at the experience at the workshop , was wondering the poor guys at such TASS somehow gets a double beating (from the customers for the faulty TATA vehicles and from the company for not minting profits ) .

These guys just suffer for no fault of thier own . As obvious the pathetic build /cheap spares / bad QA quality of the manufacturer floods the service centers with unhappy customers .

All in all a wonderful customer experience yet again .
This TASS , till time !!
jealousdiamond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2011, 12:40   #13
BHPian

Unreal is the only word that comes to my mind.

Its is the attitude of such service centers that would eventually drive up the Tata Sales figures. If only Tata Motors identify this one as a model dealership and set up service centers with caution can we hope to see our home-grown cars take on the might of the worthless, two-timing cheats such as Hyundai and Skoda who only take customers for a ride.

Kudos to this TA.S.S
Old 24th March 2011, 13:10   #14
BHPian

The title itself was too appealing to check this thread. I dont own a Tata but way too much spoilt by M.A.S.S.

However, I always thought of getting my hands on a Safari but support was a concern. Obviously they been overloaded coz of indica with T permit which affect them overall.

Reading through your experiece with T.A.S.S. was like watching Alice in wonderland.

But good to see a new beginning.
Old 24th May 2011, 16:09   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hi JealousDiamond,
Can you please share their phone number and address ( PM, if you want), soon i would be going there for 30K servicing for my Safari. Last time i gave my vehicle in Nigdi TASS and they brushed my rear bumper. let's see Pandit's Quality of Work. Have hell lot of work pending in my vehicle ( basic niggling problems). Soon i would share my experience.
One more thing: whenever you guys are going for photo shoot, please let me know, i saw your Safari Pics on FB and they are awesome.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks