Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2011, 11:17   #16
BHPian

re: VW- Service centre - Chennai - Service Feedback updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Didn't know that. Is ABRA Motors(chennai VW dealer) a subsidiary of the dubai based ETA group?
I dont think they are a subsidary like CARS India but owned within the family.
Same applies to Zulaikha and probably Trans Car (??)

oh btw had the chance of visiting VW yard before delivery and that truly is a fantastic dust arena !!!! Could you see lots of entire spectrum of VW cars (yes there were a couple of beetles as well) and also dust covered AMG mercs
Old 14th March 2011, 11:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

@vw2010

Is this place on Usman road near the DSC Hyundai? Pathetic will be an understatement. If and when I spend good $$ to buy a piece of expensive German engineering, I would hate to see it handled like that.

But the BMW place I see at Meenambakkam every day looks classy.

Why, even my humble Alto is treated with a lot more respect in the MASS. What you say is true! Even if you drive in your 800, you and your car get the same respect as the guy who brings in his GV. (Well .. OK, not quite, but almost!).
Old 14th March 2011, 12:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

QUOTE]@VW2010- You should email those pics to VW India. Lets' see what their repsonse is.[/quote]

Quote:
Is this place on Usman road near the DSC Hyundai? Pathetic will be an understatement. If and when I spend good $$ to buy a piece of expensive German engineering, I would hate to see it handled like that.
The new service centre is supposed to be one of the best and lets wait till they open the new one.

Good news everyone:-

The Good:-

- VW service agents listen to customers
- Very cordial and very friendly.
- Finish of any body work is very impressive.
- I painted my scratched front end and the cost is highly comparable to what maruthi charges(I would say a bit cheaper). But the ability to match your paint is far far better than maruti. I say five start for paint works.

The ok's
- Requires you to talk to get your things done(Good part being things will be get done if you push right)
- A little long wait in the service station is sometime frustrating for customers.

The Bad:-
- Service station is in a bad condition due to the renovation happening at the original place.
- I do not see a proper process to welcome customers and enable them feel very comfortable in the first half hour(Though as a customer i started feeling comfortable after seeing the work done)

Current feedback - Positive.

Expectation - Needs to be highly Positive and highly recommended.

Note:- Always ensure you meet the higher ups in the service centre and explain your problem. Make sure you let them know you are serious about your feedback.

Last edited by VW2010 : 14th March 2011 at 12:30.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2011, 19:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW- Service centre - Chennai - Service Feedback updated

@VW2010 - Is this service station in ambattur industrial estate? and Where is the new one coming up? I might need some reference from you in the near future
Old 14th March 2011, 21:29   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Didn't know that. Is ABRA Motors(chennai VW dealer) a subsidiary of the dubai based ETA group?
Yes, they are subsidiary of ETA western group which is once again part of ETA conglomerate
Old 15th March 2011, 10:50   #21
BHPian

Well it looks like the parking. What about the service area ? Is it equally shabby ?
Old 5th April 2011, 12:40   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post

Sundaram Motors and VW - arrogance is joining hands with arrogance!
They have started off in style. Today morning went to TVS VW to inspect the Vento TDi alloted to my friend.

Me: Key Please
Sales Rep: Sorry sir you can only see the car. You can open, start the car etc. only after it's invoiced to you. It's a VW rule. Once we open the car/start it will be registered to the owner/kms will start.
Me: Brilliant. How did the car come into your showroom?
SR: We used temporary key.
Me: Please use that key.
SR: No sir, need to get high level approval for that.
Me: Wonderful. Let me check with my friends who have taken delivery of VW Polo. Confirmed. They did check the car before paying the money.
SR: Sorry sir, need to get high level approval for that. Not possible to open the car.
Me to my friend: I cannot stand here for one more minute. I'll wait outside, you make the decision and come. Left the service area.

After some drama His Highness The Sales Rep Of The Royal Kingdom of VW did get the key and we were allowed to open and see the car. No starting though.

Was informed that the Vento TDi Test Drive car has arrived but the Royal Highness of Highness The Top Brass of TVS have stashed away that car safely. No TDi Test Drive. Passat TD is available though.

God bless my friend and the poor subjects (aka customers) of the Kingdom of TVS-VW.

Last edited by kiku007 : 5th April 2011 at 12:42.
Old 5th April 2011, 12:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

^^

I am glad TVS is still maintaining their "You Suck" standards with customer service and this time with VW!

Feel bad for the unsuspecting customers though!
Old 26th July 2011, 17:26   #24

I have been to this service station and it is a nightmare. I am planning to give my VW Jetta which is just going to complete a year for service and was wondering if anyone had any updates on the Abra Motors Service Station at Chennai? Should I go to Sundaram? Would be happy to have your views.
Old 26th July 2011, 18:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
wondering if anyone had any updates on the Abra Motors Service Station at Chennai? Should I go to Sundaram?
Both are good if its just a regular 1 year service. Sundaram is newer to Abra and myself and my friend have visited this showroom to get our car checked. My friend did his first service with Sundaram and he gave a thumbs up.

I did a couple of visits when a rat bit my external temperature sensor wire as well as to top up the fluids. Both the time i felt the service was as expected.

We wont know about the shock stories of these two unless there is something very wrong with the car. For normal year on service, i dont think you should worry about either of them

The nearest one is what i would chose.

All said and done, i fell Sundaram has better set up compared to Abra and Abra is yet to refund my 500 odd rupees. I would pick Sundaram for i can still go and see what work is being done and the mechanics are friendly enough to help you understand any issues.

During the rat related visit, the mechanic showed me the areas where the rat had access to and also showed me where the sensors are and what they have done to the wires. None of the wires were replaced and he adviced even on how to access the bottom tray to check for anything every week.
Old 29th July 2011, 15:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

VW2010 - Thanks for your feedback, Can you also tell me if Sundaram provides pick-up/drop facility for service? Is it chargeable?

And please do PM me if you have any friendly SA there that you would recommend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post

All said and done, i fell Sundaram has better set up compared to Abra and Abra is yet to refund my 500 odd rupees. I would pick Sundaram for i can still go and see what work is being done and the mechanics are friendly enough to help you understand any issues.
Old 31st July 2011, 20:44   #27

Hi all,

I own a Volkswagen Jetta Diesel, Trendline, which I bought about 11 months ago from Abra Motors Chennai. I did visit their service station once (about 5 months ago) since my music system display had a problem and they had to change the whole unit. I was shocked to see the state of their service station at Ambattur. They did say that it was a temporary place and they are moving to their own state-of-the-art facility within a few months.

Now that I plan to give my car for service in about a month from now, can someone share their experience on both Abra Service and Sundaram Service?

I may decide to take my car to Sundaram based on feedback.

Thanks,
Old 1st August 2011, 19:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

I dont think Abra has yet moved to their new facility, Atleast that's what I heard from their sales team when I was speaking to them last week. I would suggest give Sundaram a try - fellow member VW2010 have also recommended it over Abra.

One request though - Whatever you do, Please do come back and post your experience here for the benefit of others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crsvasan View Post
Hi all,

They did say that it was a temporary place and they are moving to their own state-of-the-art facility within a few months.

Now that I plan to give my car for service in about a month from now, can someone share their experience on both Abra Service and Sundaram Service?

I may decide to take my car to Sundaram based on feedback.

Thanks,
Old 3rd August 2011, 23:29   #29

Sundaram is good!
I bought from abbra and had my bumper replaced and painted there at abrra due to an accident.They did a good job.(jetta tdi comfort line)
thanks to ambipur had one of the ac vents replaced. Did not find issues with
Sundaram and did my 1 st service back in may and things seem ok.
One gripe is they did not have the wheel alignment machine so dint do it. Promised to call me back but haven't heard from them yet. It's only 3 months. Have had 5 calls on customer satisfaction tele survey though.
Also had a issue with my horn and they replaced under warranty ! Turns out that it's a recalled part!!! No hassles. Was a few mins job and things went smooth.

Overall I guess to each his own. Sundaram is far closer to me so chose them over abra. Else I guess both are similar if not same.
Old 5th August 2011, 20:51   #30
BHPian

Guys

I am planning to buy a Polo 1.6 from Sundaram motors. Have had couple of calls with them regarding that.

Spoke with a couple of persons who told they will call back but didnt turn up. But there is another guy there who is regularly following up.

Can any of you guys post your service and buying experiences from Sundaram motors.

Most Viewed