Team-BHP - VW- Service centre - Chennai - Service Feedback updated
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   VW- Service centre - Chennai - Service Feedback updated (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/97688-vw-service-centre-chennai-service-feedback-updated.html)

Hi

Thought of creating a thread on VW Service centre in chennai.

Currently they are working out of a secondary location (The main SC is getting renovated).

There are no special service lanes for Jetta, Passat or even the Touareg. The cars are parked in an open ground with very little protection from weather/dust.

The cars are pretty dirty and the first sight of the service centre treating them with utter disrespect is when they take a dry cloth and start rubbing the car which is now completely covered with mud/dust mixed with early morning dew(but dry). It just wrecks your heart knowing you almost take 3 hours to protect that paint and your car whereas the service centre of VW treats it with utter disdain.

A Touareg was parked with open windows. The interiors are completely filled with dirt. The car is a dust bowl inside.

They have too many Polos to attend that they dont have any stratergy to deal the rush. Instead they are struggling to keep customers satisfied with service.

If someone in chennai is planning for a service for their VW, please wait till they shift back to the old place. The new place is a disaster for your cars. The cars are parked like old cars parked in a junkyard.

VW is struggling with service due to the Polo and Vento rush.

The customer service is not too good either. There are running short of employees and SA's and the SA's are over loaded. This inturn reflects in their careless approach towards customers. Most of the customers have to chase the SA to even get their scheduled service(booked days/weeks before) attended.

The initial feeling doesnt look and i am not even going to compare it with a Maruti.

Driving a Maruthi 800, you get enough response and respect from a maruti service centre.

Note : The renovation work for the VW service station in Vavin road is in progress and is supposed to be one the finest service station in India.

It is supposed to have four floors with two floors for service station. The service station will provide what we expect from a company like VW.

Expected date of opening is sometime early May.

VW

New showroom and service center is coming up in Chennai and post which situation should ease and improve.

Sundaram Motors is opening a new showroom in whites road (besides Sathyam theater entrance) VW Mount Road.

@Camchennai - I also heard Sundaram has taken a VW dealership in chennai and are in the process of opening a sales and service center. Is the service center also going to be in Mount Road or somewhere else? Also, any other dealerships/service centers in pipleline for chennai?

Sundaram Motors!? Starting a VW showroom!?

Thats one awful place to deal with anything, I mean anything! Not VW please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bala80 (Post 2270775)
@Camchennai - I also heard Sundaram has taken a VW dealership in chennai and are in the process of opening a sales and service center. Is the service center also going to be in Mount Road or somewhere else? Also, any other dealerships/service centers in pipleline for chennai?

Service center should come up in Mount Road as they have ample space behind the showroom, which was also used as a service center earlier for some other brand.

Nothing else in pipeline to my knowledge.

@anachronix - There has been a good feedback about Sundaram Motors from many customers, I am not sure why you hate them.
Is there any personal experience which you would like to share with us??

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW2010 (Post 2269133)
A Touareg was parked with open windows. The interiors are completely filled with dirt. The car is a dust bowl inside.

They have too many Polos to attend that they dont have any stratergy to deal the rush. Instead they are struggling to keep customers satisfied with service.

If someone in chennai is planning for a service for their VW, please wait till they shift back to the old place. The new place is a disaster for your cars. The cars are parked like old cars parked in a junkyard.

Please post pics and expose VW India. We need to see the ugly truth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by camchennai (Post 2269867)
New showroom and service center is coming up in Chennai and post which situation should ease and improve.

Sundaram Motors is opening a new showroom in whites road (besides Sathyam theater entrance) VW Mount Road.

Yes ,Sundaram is coming up with a Sales and service station.

BTW i think the services is once in 10000 or 15000 kms ,then how come there is so much rush in Service?

Its not only the Service ,the sales team is also pathetic,my friend booked red polo TDI on 15 dec 2010 and delivery was promised by jan end,now it has become 20th march 2011.

There is no proper commitment by the sales team till date

Quote:

Originally Posted by anachronix (Post 2270818)
Sundaram Motors!? Starting a VW showroom!?

Thats one awful place to deal with anything, I mean anything! Not VW please.

I heard lots of horror stories on Sundaram group,be it honda,GM, ect ect..

if someone is supporting sundaram,just find out why MERC cancelled the dealership from them and you will get a idea

One more skeleton out. That's all I can say about VW.

Sundaram Motors and VW - arrogance is joining hands with arrogance!

I have dealt with TVS chevrolet and man, they give you a taste of license raj India!

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshguy (Post 2271073)
if someone is supporting Sundaram,just find out why MERC cancelled the dealership from them and you will get a idea

Chennai Mercedes showroom was closed for a different reason and not for lousy service, MBIL want to consolidate their showroom across India and for Chennai potential they decided they can go with only one showroom and that was the reason it was closed. Even Trans car which was the other dealer was not happy with having 2 showroom in Chennai as the market potential is very less here.

FYI - Sundaram Motors are still dealers for Mercedes in different cities (Bangalore, Mysore, Coimbatore and some other cities as well). If your case is true then they would have closed the other dealership as well.

Here is the next piece of update. VW charges 300 rupees for drop and pick up. I just asked if they can drop my car at my home and the response was we do it for a moderate charge of 300 rupees.

The funny part is it takes exactly 180 rupees to reach the workshop from my home in a call taxi.

Maruti - You guys are not just leaders of service but just keep improving the bar. I love maruti. Buying a kizashi looks far more favorite over a German car :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by camchennai (Post 2271016)
There has been a good feedback about Sundaram Motors from many customers,

Even i'm a customer of Sundaram-GM and till now everything has been so smooth. The Salesmen are not pushy types, very humble and decent.
When i told them that i wan't to take insurance on my own for my new car i expected them to tell excuses, but they didn't protest or try to scare me saying claims will be problem,etc,etc.

The awaited pictures for the VW owners. The current service station which should be avoided for all the reasons.

Please wait till they move to the new location. The current Service centre is just a little better than road side body shop.

Will post some close ups to let you guys decide whether you want to wait or give your cars for repair/service now.

Seriously this doesn't look like a service station, it looks like a dealer yard. Are there any service bays or they do the work under huts??

ETA is a big group but can't understand why this attitude towards VW!! Even their Mahindra showroom is much bigger than this.

I guess their Merc showroom would be the smallest Merc showroom in the world!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by camchennai (Post 2274851)
ETA is a big group but can't understand why this attitude towards VW!!

Didn't know that. Is ABRA Motors(chennai VW dealer) a subsidiary of the dubai based ETA group?

That is really a sad sight! Didn't expect such a shoddy VW workshop in a city like Chennai.

The Mumbai VW Shaman workshop is extremely good with lots of cars to park inside. Everything is very organized and clean there.

VW does need to pull up their socks quickly if they want negative publicity like Skoda. @VW2010- You should email those pics to VW India. Lets' see what their repsonse is.