Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2011, 14:59   #1
BHPian

Honda Jazz X ready for delivery, accessories aren't. What should I do?

Hello BHP'ites!

I have recently booked a new Jazz x. The vehicle is supposed to be delivered by tomorrow. Today I got a call from the dealer saying that the front grill and rear spoiler which comes with the Jazz x is not shipped from Noida. Usually it ships with the car but somehow it got missed (As per the dealer).
Now I am in a fix whether I should take the delivery without these accessories or not?

I would really appreciate your quick advice!

PS : The dealer has promised to get them within next 7 days.
Old 12th March 2011, 18:19   #2
BHPian

Re: Need help! - Honda Jazz x

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 14th March 2011 at 09:45.
anky is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th March 2011, 20:07   #3
BHPian

I am sorry but what's so unusual? From whatever I have heard earlier the front colored grill and rear spoiler for jazz x is always shipped separately and never comes as factory fitted. Is that true?

I have not yet signed any forms as the delivery will happen tomorrow. I don't think there is any possibility of the vehicle being banged earlier n fixed.. I have done a pre delivery check yesterday and it seems perfect except these addons which come only with X..

I still don't understand if there is any risk? Please advice!
Old 12th March 2011, 21:25   #4
BHPian

Hi
Never take delivery of the vehicle without the accessories. Plus do a thorough pre registration check before you accept the vehicle. Something sure does feel funny here. Cheers.
Old 12th March 2011, 21:53   #5
BHPian

whysoserious - make sure you do a thorough PDI. refer the PDI thread, and follow it. Take a friend along.

For the accessories, ask the dealer to give a letter, on their letter head, signed by the Sales Manager, and Spares Manager and anyone else deemed necessary. Let it state your name, car chassis number, your P.O (if there is one) and the number of the invoice (ensure that the invoice is in your name, if not in your name, make sure the letter given by the company is the same as the name in the invoice), and that the accessories were not given by the company for whatever reason. The same will be delivered to you at a specific date (not more than 10 days maybe) and installed at no additional cost to you. Also make sure that the letter has the Dealers seal.
Old 12th March 2011, 22:10   #6
BHPian

Thanks everyone! I will make sure to get this matter written on the dealers letterhead with the seal.

I just confirmed with the other honda dealer here and he said that these accessories are delivered separately from noida and installed by the dealer after the paint job. (as the parts are delivered without specific paint) Has any jazz owners heard anything similar?

Btw the dealer is not at all forcing me for the delivery of the vehicle. The frustration of looking at the Car in the showroom is killing me! Literally I have been to the dealer thrice in the last week..

I will make sure to carry the PDI checklist tomorrow. Any other advice except the PDI? Anything specific to Jazz?
Old 12th March 2011, 22:19   #7
BHPian

Since today and tomorrow are holidays, I suppose the vehicle is yet to be registered.
It would be worthwhile to check with other dealers whether the front grill and spoiler are indeed shipped separately.
Also if these parts are painted, then it is necessary that they should be painted within the same batch of the paint mix so that exact color matching is achieved.
Please take care of these as well as what rg_chn had written about, they are very important.

HC
Old 13th March 2011, 02:26   #8
BHPian

Hi,

It would be a good idea to ensure that documents are made available to you through the dealer promising the delivery and installation of the missing grill and spoiler. And I do agree with the point that the shade matching should be ensured.
That being said, this is not really a big problem. It's a slight glitch on the side of the dealer but can be easily sorted out.
And the PDI checklist should be followed to ensure problem free ownership of the vehicle.

Congratulation in advance.

Cheers and drive safe.
Sam
Old 13th March 2011, 11:47   #9
Team-BHP Support

Usually, the accessories are shipped separately and installed by the dealer who sells you the car. The Jazz X, is just a market strategy, and not a fully blown version of the Jazz. It is done by the dealers.

Despite this, I'd suggest you go through the paperwork thoroughly. And I would not recommend you take delivery of your car if you're not completely satisfied.

Shoot a mail to Honda SIEL and wait for a response.
Old 23rd March 2011, 19:43   #10
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz X ready for delivery, accessories aren't. What should I do?

Hi whysoserious,

Hope you have got the delivery of your car and are enjoying it.
Please share the OTR price for Jazz X and discounts / freebies that you might have got on it. Since I could not locate an ownership thread from you, asking here.

Cheers
Old 23rd March 2011, 21:21   #11
BHPian

Following are the details in short..
I got a total discount of whopping 55K on Jazz X! I think they have stopped giving this discount after Feb end on Jazz X. You can still avail the same on select variant but not sure.
Along with the discount I got the dealer to get me the 3M coating and HP 50 film at a minimal 2K. In all this package saved me another 5k as per the dealer.
I did not bother to check the price of this 3M package in the market but really satisfied with the overall deal!

Ownership thread coming soon!
Old 23rd March 2011, 23:25   #12
BHPian

First things first, many congratulations on owning this lovely beauty. That sounds like a lovely deal, 55K on Jazz X. Is this a 2010 model or a 2011 model?

When I went to check Jazz with the dealer here, he offered 65K off on Jazz X 2010 model (last piece with him) and nothing on Jazz X 2011 model. On Base and Select variants for 2011 model the discount being offered is 35K.

Plus free insurance on all vehicles, irrespective of model / year. However if one chooses to get insurance done from outside then the cash discount on insuracne of 20K is 15K (after reducing commissions).

No freebies like active kit or anything else is being offered here.
Old 24th March 2011, 12:34   #13
BHPian

I had specifically asked for 2011 make. The dealer was generous enough to offer me that after a 2-3 weeks waiting. Along with that I had made a request for Michelin tyres which was also provided as promised.

I did a thorough PDI check to ensure that the make is 2011 and the form 21,Windshield series clearly states the make as "February 2011"!!
Old 24th March 2011, 12:49   #14
BHPian

I would strongly suggest that you insist for 2011 make. If at all you need to think of selling the vehicle it definitely matters. Also, I don't think any of the dealers are offering the active/mode kit as a freebie anymore. Even if you get the 55k cash off it's a very nice deal!

PS: Also, checkout the corporate discounts. I remember most of the big companies in India will get another 4K corporate discount on Jazz. Goes up to ~10K for ANHC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks