Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2012, 09:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore : Southern Motors Mitsubishi Dealership Closed. Service experience at SVR

Interesting, so has anyone tried out the Ars Pacifica workshop for service ? SVR is average to good - for somethings, I got the feeling/heard from a couple of other owners, they push for more parts replacement than necessary! Also, the workshop width is too narrow causing lot of difficulty for their mechanics to move cars around, and slot into bays for alignment etc...
Old 5th January 2012, 10:00   #17
Team-BHP Support

re: Bangalore : Southern Motors Mitsubishi Dealership Closed. Service experience at SVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by megger View Post
Auto Pacifica workshop should be operational now, they are again too far. Opening up near Bangalore University.

It is better to take car to Chennai and get it serviced than to rely on unreliable service in Bangalore
I would not judge Auto Pacifica until there is proper feedback
Old 5th January 2012, 10:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I would not judge Auto Pacifica until there is proper feedback
Agreed, no one should. The service has to be experienced first. Hope Pacifica will stick to Mitsubishi/ HM for few years at least.

Had harrowing time with Mitsubishi for last 4 years due to dealer closures and no timely roadmap.
Old 24th January 2012, 08:37   #19
BHPian

I called Auto Pacifica. It will take them at least a couple of months more before they open their service center. I've heard this 2 months story many times before and therefore I'm not very convinced.

BTW the person wasn't too keen to talk - abruptly cut the call after he had conveyed that the opening had been delayed. Felt like I was dealing with an ultra busy shop owner from Avenue Road.
Old 24th January 2012, 09:14   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
I called Auto Pacifica. It will take them at least a couple of months more before they open their service center. I've heard this 2 months story many times before and therefore I'm not very convinced.

BTW the person wasn't too keen to talk - abruptly cut the call after he had conveyed that the opening had been delayed. Felt like I was dealing with an ultra busy shop owner from Avenue Road.
So only service centre is SVR in bangalore? Auto pacifica has sales but no service. How weird.

Any idea where the old guys from India garage are. Laxmikanth?
Old 26th January 2012, 22:12   #21
BHPian

Yes, HM has an unique strategy. SVR's service is okay, but they are over loaded. It drives me crazy to take the car so far for every little thing.

I had heard the Mitsubishi guys would move to the Mahindra service. Not sure about Laxmikanth though. With so many new car brands/dealerships people like him should be in good demand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
So only service centre is SVR in bangalore? Auto pacifica has sales but no service. How weird.

Old 9th March 2012, 22:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

As I understand, Laxmikanth is with Mahindra service now, as several others.
Old 23rd April 2012, 11:11   #23
Senior - BHPian

Auto Pacifica closed & HM/Mitsu spares up 22%

Went for 100k service (96k) to SVR in the weekend. Learnt that Auto Pacifica has shut shop, so no dealer sales outlet for Mitsu in BLR :-(

Also, HM has increased spares prices by 22% (including taxes) across the board . Luckily, the Motul synthetic oil price is not revised (was already high @1100/l).

Service was done reasonably well, though I had to remind a few things here and there (eg. the mechanic retorqued the rear suspension, but was forgetting the front). Changed wipers (price has crept up to about 700 for a pair, also no Bosch markings on these unlike the last change), couple of tail lamp bulbs, a couple of brake clips for FR. Total came to 8200 including taxes.

SVR complained that HM is not making available parts promptly, and some parts are long pending...

Car feels free and engine more refined after the service. Last oil and air filter change was 14k back. About 7k back, had got the air filter blower cleaned (advise of SVR mechanic), so air filter was really due for change!

Last edited by lancer_rit : 23rd April 2012 at 11:13.
Old 23rd April 2012, 11:23   #24
BHPian

Re: Auto Pacifica closed & HM/Mitsu spares up 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Went for 100k service (96k) to SVR in the weekend. Learnt that Auto Pacifica has shut shop, so no dealer sales outlet for Mitsu in BLR :-(

Also, HM has increased spares prices by 22% (including taxes) across the board

SVR complained that HM is not making available parts promptly, and some parts are long pending...
No dealer in Bangalore?c'mon Mitsubishi what is happening?

The increase in parts prices could be due to the fact that most parts are imported.

Sad to see this happening with Mitsubishi.which is a good independent garage in Bangalore to service my Cedia?
Old 23rd April 2012, 11:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Pacifica closed & HM/Mitsu spares up 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
No dealer in Bangalore?c'mon Mitsubishi what is happening?

The increase in parts prices could be due to the fact that most parts are imported.
I have a feeling its not so much to do with import prices since a lot of things are made locally. I feel HM is trying to recover some money! Also, a lot of Mitsu imports are now from Thailand instead of Japan, so the price in the outside market is lower for certain components than before - like KYB suspension struts...

On the dealership front, apparently HM is asking to invest 6cr for a car dealership (stocks etc), which doesn't make any business sense! Will it take 6 years to just sell 6cr worth of cars ?
Quote:
Sad to see this happening with Mitsubishi.which is a good independent garage in Bangalore to service my Cedia?
If anyone can tell me, I would be most happy!! I did my rear suspension replacement outside and am quite happy with the results - but this is not a service/engine/technical option for me.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-work-90k.html

What still gives me a smile is the Lancer itself. What a car even at 9+ years, and 96k km ! I am thinking to retain it for some years still :-)

Last edited by lancer_rit : 23rd April 2012 at 11:33.
Old 23rd April 2012, 11:48   #26
BHPian

I guess i will continue to stick to the service center at Mangalore for the time being.i will be in Bangalore for a period of 3 months, so i thought of getting it serviced there, but i guess it is better to service it here and get the car to Bangalore

@mav2000 do let me know if you can find a good independent garage!!

Last edited by carfreak : 23rd April 2012 at 11:49.
Old 23rd April 2012, 11:48   #27
BHPian

I am looking for a garage outside as well..SVR is not very good in their work and have always sent the car back without doing even basic service, and even adding a bit of grease here and there on the cream colored leather interiors....
Old 23rd April 2012, 12:08   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
I am looking for a garage outside as well..SVR is not very good in their work and have always sent the car back without doing even basic service, and even adding a bit of grease here and there on the cream colored leather interiors....
Well, the only way you can get ok service from SVR, is to be personally present all the time. I have been there 3 times now, and I have similar experience. Skip wheel alignment there, unless they have improved...
Old 23rd April 2012, 12:12   #29
BHPian

Not possible to be there while going thru regular service...I stay and work near MG Road, so its a bit of a hassle. Last time they took the car for a regular service and took two days to return it. First they gave me some really stupid reasons for the late delivery. I had asked them to change the battery lead holder as it was corroded. The guy tells me tat since it takes 4 hours to do that the car will be returned tomorrow. When I told him I have done more than enough crimping to last a lifetime and it does not take more than five minutes, he kind of got stuck and then after some more arguing, when he realised that I know quite a bit about crimping he said that they had taken mroe cars then they could manage so I got bumped to the next day.

basically they sent the car back with the terminal crimped and thats it...didnt do anything else....
Old 7th May 2012, 07:58   #30
BHPian

I am going through a nasty phase with SVR for last few months. There was minor damper misalignment due to which I was not getting little air in center grills. All illogical things including evaporator coil cleaning was tried (and I had to pay everytime). Finally got corrected after 4th attempt. They have spoilt many other related things by repeatedly opening the dashboard. I have sent car "7 times" already and my air flow mode selection doesn't work now. They are due to repair/ replace. Everytime they kept car there for 2-3 days. Damaged thermostats that I had to pay for. Have already spent some 8-10k for their lack of skills. Car comes back every time with new problem, worst of which is missing screws multiple times. Even lost the plastic harness covers under the dashboard.

Everyone I got to know there in the process has already quit! HM won't give me any Japan escalation contacts. I just don't know what to do with Mitsubishi/ HM as I don;t want to part with my beloved Cedia.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks