Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2011, 11:25   #1
BHPian

Mahindra First Choice (Borivali - Mumbai)

I would like to share my experience I had with Mahindra First Choice (Borivali-Mumbai).

I had received an email from ebay.in with Subject "Give your car an experience of World Class Service for just Rs. 399. Original Price Rs. 1000" this was an offer from Mahindra First Choice, I decided to take the offer as the term "World Class service" tempted me.

After buying the coupon from eaby.in a couple of days I received a call from Mahindra First Choice (MFC) for an appointmnent at their garage, I confrimed a date and time with them and took the car there on the due date and time, after waiting more than an hour a service Advisor attended me and wrote down the job card and told me that I would receive a call from him on the work estimate soon. As promised he called me and gave me a huge estimate of Rs 11000, major parts to be replaced being engine mountings,front brake pads,EGR pipe etc. etc. My vehicle had only 34000kms so I only agreed on the front brake pad replacement with disk skimming, eng oil and filter, air filter, fuel filter, and alignment. they charged me around Rs 7000 for this job, I had to leave the car there overnight, the next day I went to pick up the car, it was washed but I was shocked to see the drivers seat was full of grease and oil stains, I showed this to the Service Advisor, who managed to get it cleaned somewhat but not completely as the oil and grease stains are difficult to remove from leather, I thought the 1st thing a mechanic would do before starting work is to cover the seat to protect it from stains from their coveralls, apparently in MFC they dont.

Anyway I took delivery of the car, while driving home I noticed that the brake pedal was spongy, alignment also didnt seem to be proper as it was still pulling to left slightly, after driving a few kilometers I saw that there were fine drops of some sort of liquid appearing on the front windscreen, I stopped the vehicle and opened the bonnet and noticed that the guys had not closed the Cluth Fluid container lid properly, fortunately the lid did not drop off while I was driving.

After the service the ride had become rough, the ride was unusually bumpier so I decided to check the tyre pressure, the front tyres had 37psi in them, specified tyre pressure as mentioned on the inside of the door is 32psi max, this happens to be a Mahindra vehicle so the Mahindra mechanics should have been aware of this, probably they had increased the presssure while doing the alignment but didnt put it back to normal.
After about a week I received a call from MFC for a feedback on the service, I told them how unsatisfied I was with the service, she said "sir, why dont you send the vehicle back?" I said I have no time they should have done it right the first time and not fix it after a negative feedback then she said dont worry sir I will get the Works Mgr to call you and we will fix your issues, its been a month now I have still not received a call from the Works Mgr. Just last week I sent a feedback online to MFC HO on this 3rd class service but havent heard from them either.

Mahindra First Choice will never be my First Choice again.

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th March 2011 at 15:15. Reason: Please use line breaks between paragraphs, it will make your post a lot more reader friendly. Thanks.
Old 14th March 2011, 13:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra First Choice (Borivali - Mumbai)

Why no details of the car been included in the post? What car are your referring to? Had you tried contacting the car brand A.S.S first and then tried other sources if unsatisfied.

Looks like you desire of getting a "world class service" ended up in getting a India class service.
Old 14th March 2011, 13:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra First choice is a used car seller. They do not have a full fledged service centres. I do not understand why you went to them instead of your car's ***. I guess that you own a mahindra vehicle.

Quote:
Looks like you desire of getting a "world class service" ended up in getting a India class service.
There is no need to bring "India's" image here.
Old 14th March 2011, 14:02   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Why no details of the car been included in the post? What car are your referring to? Had you tried contacting the car brand A.S.S first and then tried other sources if unsatisfied.

I have a 2007 Scorpio SLX and normally get it serviced at Sai Service in Borivali, but like I said the words "world class service" fooled me in trying it out and got totally disappointed.
Old 14th March 2011, 14:06   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Mahindra First choice is a used car seller. They do not have a full fledged service centres. I do not understand why you went to them instead of your car's ***. I guess that you own a mahindra vehicle.
There is no need to bring "India's" image here.
Sorry I did not mention my vehicle type in the post, I have a 2007 Scorpio SLX, the only reason i went to them were the words "world class service". in their offer.

I will never go to them again.
Old 14th March 2011, 16:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

No offense meant, but it was a cheap trick to fall for. I mean you purchased the coupon even without checking out the MFC workshop or other people's experiences with them. So you had already lost your Rs. 399/- and had no option but to go ahead with MFC. You could at least have backed out saying you didn't want anything other than the routine service.

Are you even sure they carried out all the work that you had asked them to carry out? Did they give you any documents on the wheel alignment, your old oil filter, fuel filter, air filter and brake pads?

Before you try any non-authorized service station (even if the name contains Mahindra), you need to first check the reputation of the same. Also you need to familiarize yourself with your vehicle to know what is wrong and what is not wrong. In your case, I doubt if the brake pad and disc skimming were even necessary. Or for that matter even the oil/fuel filter changes. It seems they took you for a bumpy ride.

Now, take your vehicle to an authorized service centre and get everything checked, to ensure the MFC guys didn't 'inadvertently' get your original parts out and replaced them with aftermarket ones.
Old 14th March 2011, 17:29   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
No offense meant, but it was a cheap trick to fall for. I mean you purchased the coupon even without checking out the MFC workshop or other people's experiences with them. So you had already lost your Rs. 399/- and had no option but to go ahead with MFC. You could at least have backed out saying you didn't want anything other than the routine service.

Are you even sure they carried out all the work that you had asked them to carry out? Did they give you any documents on the wheel alignment, your old oil filter, fuel filter, air filter and brake pads?

Before you try any non-authorized service station (even if the name contains Mahindra), you need to first check the reputation of the same. Also you need to familiarize yourself with your vehicle to know what is wrong and what is not wrong. In your case, I doubt if the brake pad and disc skimming were even necessary. Or for that matter even the oil/fuel filter changes. It seems they took you for a bumpy ride.

Now, take your vehicle to an authorized service centre and get everything checked, to ensure the MFC guys didn't 'inadvertently' get your original parts out and replaced them with aftermarket ones.
I was getting brake vibration at speeds above 80kph so I knew that the pads needed replacement and disks needed skimming, besides change of oil, oil filter and fuel and air filter were also due, that is why I only agreed on these services + alignment, they did show me the old brake pads which were worn out by about 70%.

I doubt a Mahindra garage will remove any original parts out of any cars especially Mahindra cars, but i will get it checked.
Old 19th July 2017, 12:10   #8
BHPian

Trying to bump this thread to life.
I will have completed 90000kms on the ODO on my 2012 Skoda Rapid Tdi and would like to try out first choice.
No really impressed with JMD in Kandivali/Malad during my last service as I felt they are trying to fleece.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks