Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2011, 10:06   #1
Team-BHP Support

Ravindu Toyota - Somewhere after KR Puram - Experience

Ravindu Toyota has opened up a new showroom/service centre on NH4 enroute to Hoskote.

Location: After KR Puram bridge drive towards Hoskote on NH4. The road widens to 3 lane and you see a lake on both sides as well as the Cipla plant to your right. You have to go over the first flyover to reach the lake (one can see the huge Toyota sign on your right) then take the road below the second flyover and make a u-turn. Stay on service lane and the place is to your left.

People staying in Sarjapur or Whitefield, don't bother using the above route. Just use varthur road to reach hope farm junction and make a turn onto Kadugodi. This is a nice 2 laned road which meets NH4 before hoskote. Take a left and go over the first flyover. Take the service lane before the second one starts and you'll see the place to your left.

Ravindu Toyota - Somewhere after KR Puram - Experience-map.jpg

Experience:
This place is massive almost as big as the Ravindu opposite Iskcon. They have sales and service within the same roof. The reception for incoming vehicles is massive.

Since this place is out of town a bit, it's relatively empty which means you get personal attention and not the usual rush and chaos.

They have a huge service area which is open for view for customers from a lounge area. Also the service advisors there are from the Ravindu at Iskcon.

My car had gone for painting work which is on the 1st floor. Again a well laid out body repair shop with 2 paint booths. They have the paint mixer as well. The place is not congested at all and there is ample space for quite a few cars.

Workmanship:
The left door of my car was painted along with removal of exterior emulsion paint when car was parked near a building that was being painted. The only solution to remove the well dried emulsion paint was rubbing I thought but these guys said they have a very mild 2K thinner that may work. Applied a few drops on a micro fiber cloth and the paint spots just vanished. I did not see any black paint on the cloth so I'm assuming this worked without affecting the OE paint at all.

The paint job on the door was done very well. It's almost impossible to make out the door was painted. Only give away is that the left door has a deeper gloss compared to other panels as the entire car is heavily swirled and looking faded. A good detailing job will fix that.

What I did not like:
The place is too far away from the city. If you leave your car there getting transport to go back is a pain. Same when you go to pick up the car. Luckily the body repair shop head Mr. Vallish Rao was very cooperative and he arranged a pick up for me from KR Puram bridge.

Also if you leave the car there make sure you collect it as soon as the work is done. With all the construction going on the car picks up duct like crazy even when parked in their basement. I couldn't collect it because of it's location for a week and the car was filthy when I went to pick it up. They had cleaned it but the job was done was very bad. I believe it was washed and then parked for a week. Before delivery they did not wash it again, just dusted it off. I refused to accept deliver in that condition and had to come back the next day. The next day car was washed properly with a complimentary Diamond Blue polish.

Verdict:Both Nandi on Hosur Road and Ravindu opp. Iskcon are way too crowded and you don't get personal attention when you take your car there. They just want to get your car out as soon as possible and not look too much into diagnosing issues. I got good attention at Yeshwanthpur Ravindu only after going through Mr. Gubbi, the service manager there.

The advantage with this place is attention. Since the place is not too crowded they spend more time on your cars and as a result the quality is better.

My next service will also be done here as I was happy with the work overall.

Last edited by ajmat : 15th April 2011 at 10:19.
Old 15th April 2011, 10:21   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ravindu Toyota - Somewhere after KR Puram - Experience

If you are prepared to use buses, any Hoskote bus should take you there, else it is a MERU cab
Old 15th April 2011, 14:09   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
If you are prepared to use buses, any Hoskote bus should take you there, else it is a MERU cab
Or if you have a friend working in ITPL. It's very close like 15mins drive from there to this place from the back route.

Another thing I forgot to mention. This was the only place who agreed to order the front grill for me. I wanted the diesel Altis black grill and they agreed. Not only that but they have also placed an order for the wind deflectors from the diesel Altis.

Nandi and other Ravindu refused saying that it wont fit and we cant just order a grill like that.

Ofcourse the grill costs a bomb at nearly 5K.
Old 15th April 2011, 15:54   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Always nice to hear of a positive after-sales experience (in the midst of reading about the idiots who end up filling dealer staff positions)! Thanks for sharing Vid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Again a well laid out body repair shop with 2 paint booths.
Quote:
The paint job on the door was done very well. It's almost impossible to make out the door was painted.
Quote:
Luckily the body repair shop head Mr. Vallish Rao was very cooperative
In other words, a typical Toyota after-sales!
Old 15th April 2011, 20:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

On a related topic, I saw a new Viva Toyota service centre on Kogilu Road, for folks who don't know the place, it is just off BIAL road as you cross Yelahanka, approaching from the city, you need to turn right at the second signal after Jakkur Flying club.

The showroom for Viva Toyota is on Bellary road at Hebbal, just before the Hebbal flyover.
Old 26th April 2011, 19:20   #6
BHPian

Nice to hear about your experience at Ravindu. How much did they charge for the paint job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Nandi and other Ravindu refused saying that it wont fit and we cant just order a grill like that.

Ofcourse the grill costs a bomb at nearly 5K.
Great! Never knew A.S.S. folks could be so accommodating. I was unable to get the old look front bumper/grille for my Cedia.

You won't complain about the cost if you see this

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2321730

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks