Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2006, 15:34   #1
Team-BHP Support

Bosch service center feedback?

At Auto expo I visited the Bosch stall, not the main one, but a dude who deals in bosch parts etc., There he gave me a card of a worshop in noida who service all cars and have bosch trained engineers. They are also authorized dealers of All bosch parts like wiper blades etc.,
Its continental Automobiles in Sector 11.

anyone here got car serviced from bosch? I am planning to give them my indica on the next service. At the expo that guy told me that lots of people come to them for Fuel pump tuning esp in diesels. Also some people put in Sumo fuel pumps in indicas(Its a bosch in sumo and Lucas in Indica I guess).
Am planning for a routine service and they charge 450rs for it. (Tata dealerships charge 600rs).
Old 18th January 2006, 17:50   #2
Team-BHP Support

Do they also have a service center in hyderabad?

Btw, are you really unhappy with the Tata service? I got the first service done recently at Autofin. I found the work pretty ok (alright, so there was no problem in the 1st place) and the service amazingly courteous. In fact the follow-up calls (2 about the service and 2 regarding a parts arrival status in the inventory) are what is more amazing! Tata ASS is always this good kya?

Last edited by Zappo : 18th January 2006 at 17:53.
Old 19th January 2006, 10:37   #3
Team-BHP Support

Tata ASS ranges from avg to good. I am satisfied with them. the problem is labour costs. A simple thing like leaking master cylinder will set you back by 500+ in labour though part charges are 300 rs only.
Tata spares are cheap and labour rates are really high
Old 19th January 2006, 13:12   #4
BHPian

Zappo, check http://boschindia.com/. They have service centers in Hyd too.

I was wondering if they do plain servicing or could handle things like suspension improvement (not total revamp) etc. My 2001 Zen's (60K) suspension feels very weak when compared to newer zens and I feel some clutch slip too. Are they skilled enough to provide us with correct solution? My regular mech just says it's all fine and happens with all zens and blah blah.
Old 19th January 2006, 13:37   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Heres is what Bosch is trying to accomplish.

Current scenario in India for automotive repairs / service :

At one end of the scale is the unorganised segment offering cheaper, faster but unreliable service to your car. There is a lack of credibility but many owners are forced to choose this option due to convenience or lower cost.

The other end consists of manufacturer authorised service stations which are not only much more expensive in terms of money but also time. The wait periods are long, and the locations are restricted. The only upside is guaranteed quality - original parts, trained service staff and no malpractices.

Bosch's plan:

Is to create a position within these two extremes i.e. offer Bosch authorised service stations that are fully equipped with the right information technology, genuine parts inventory, trained tech staff and high service quality while at the same time beat the cost of the authorised service station and convenience of the unauthorised segment. Their pricing strategy is somewhere in between the two ends.

The idea looks very promising. I do hope some people can give a review on whether Bosch has been able to accomplish their commitment of high quality at a realistic price.

GTO
Old 19th January 2006, 16:09   #6
Joz
BHPian

Spot on GTO.

In fact TVS has been in this space for sometime now. They have a chain of outlets, mainly in Chennai, called MyTVS which is basically a mutlicar service station... The other problem is, with vehicles having more electronically contorlled parts, the lower end independent garages are not able to service them to the fullest. The investment required to obtain equipments that are required is very high and this actually brought about a lack of alternatives for servicing.

Many car manufacturers are also making it difficult for independent garages to procure spares for their cars. All vehicle manufacturers are looking at increasing revenues from serivce and are looking at a level where the entire cost of running a dealership can be met through the income from service.
Old 19th January 2006, 16:19   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz

Many car manufacturers are also making it difficult for independent garages to procure spares for their cars. All vehicle manufacturers are looking at increasing revenues from serivce and are looking at a level where the entire cost of running a dealership can be met through the income from service.

...and as we become a free market, these independents can always import the parts instead of facing local stonewalls
Old 19th January 2006, 16:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

Zappo. This is one address of Bosch service center in Hyd. I never went there for service.
Fansa Motors
3-6-280/B/1Himayatnagar
Next to Hi-King
Hyderabad 500 029
Old 19th January 2006, 16:42   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Many car manufacturers are also making it difficult for independent garages to procure spares for their cars.
There should be an anti-monopoly law against this - just like the US of A.

GTO
Old 7th February 2006, 17:24   #10
Senior - BHPian

Very true,GTO.

For a few spares that are difficult to source, i'm forced to send my car to the ASS which i hate to do. :(
Old 7th February 2006, 17:57   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
Zappo. This is one address of Bosch service center in Hyd. I never went there for service.
Fansa Motors
3-6-280/B/1Himayatnagar
Next to Hi-King
Hyderabad 500 029
Thanks Satish bhai. I did not see this earlier. I guess Hi-King means the Hiking restaurant (a fantastic chinese restaurant) in Himayatnagar? I have been there, though never saw/noticed Fansa Motors.

In any case, I just discovered from the BoschIndia site that these are spread all over Hyderabad! There is one so close to my house as well. Its Asco Mobiles. I saw a lot many Opels (Astras) serviced by them and yet was not aware its a Bosch Car Service Center. I am amazed to say the least. They are segregated into Car Service, Diesel Service etc.
Old 4th October 2008, 20:43   #12
BHPian

sorry for waking up an old thread - but i wanted to know if since the 2yrs this thread was started, if bosch has made any improvements and are a worthy competitor or better than regular manufacture servicing.
I don't mind paying more, but if i get quality reliable service, I'd be happier.
I guess thats quite the contrary to bosch plans, right? (as they planned to be priced in between roadside and manufacturers)
Old 18th December 2009, 10:44   #13
BHPian

Hey folks, Did not want to start a new thread and hence reopening this old one!

Could I get some feedback from fellow members on bosch car service in Bangalore? My indica is due for the 40k service and this time i really want to get away from Concorde/Prerana. I've sorta had enough of these guys - poor wash quality, expensive labor and what irks me most is the casual and careless attitude shown by many of the service advisers.

Would really like to know from members on the quality of service offered by Bosch and also the cost. I have seen a bosch service centre near BHEL circle on Mysore road - would appreciate any feedback on them, before I give the car in early next week.
Old 20th November 2010, 03:20   #14
BHPian

Bosch Service

Sorry for waking up almost this year old thread.

Recently Bosch started to market via Lotus Motors(Mysore Road) Bangalore a new scheme for wooing customers and I happened to try my luck.

Basically the idea is to sell lots of goodies for as low as Rs.699/, one gets coupons for paid services with discount upto 50% off starting from 25% off on paid services along with free welcome offers like Wheel Balancing, free wash coupons etc.

I bought one and recently availed the W/B W/A offer along with paid service for my Santro.

Experiences /Ratings ( Max 5).

Reception : 1/5 --> No SA welcomed me, neither did anybody ask me what I need unless I went in and told them that I need Paid Service.

S A Outlook 2/5--> tried selling me Mobil 1 engine oil the very first thing for 4.6K and I outright refused, told him that I only need regular OIL change and don't need synthetic. He did know about KN filters though and offered to clean it for me which he claims he did, I still need to verify.

Washing : 3.5/5 --> Frankly I felt that Advaith is better in cleaning and polishing the car.

W/A and W/B was done to my expectations however the weights were stuck at the wrong place on my front right wheel, the weights were touching my brake pads/shoes.

Engine Work --> OIL & OIL Filter changed, no fuss, engine is smooth.

Overall --> 3/5 --> I will give them another chance to prove their worth, else will go back to Advaith.

Hope this helps others as well who decide to go to BOSCH CAR Service.

I don't know how's the service in other BOSCH Service centers.

Thanks,
Rajiv
Old 9th December 2010, 17:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bosch service center feedback?

Reviving an extremely old thread.

What is the current status & feedback on Bosch service?

I'm also a bit clueless as to what KIND of service do they provide?

Is it a typical routine service (oil+filter change, air filter change, preventive maintainance etc) or do they do just electrical servicing?

Also, are they open to having customers standing & watching their cars being worked upon? I'm the kind of person who'd buy spares, oils etc from outside and just have the technician work on my car. Is this possible at Bosch service center?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks