Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2010, 09:48   #16
BANNED

Re: Bosch service center feedback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
...and as we become a free market, these independents can always import the parts instead of facing local stonewalls
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
There should be an anti-monopoly law against this - just like the US of A.

GTO
Let me add - It is impossible to get the service manual. I guess the independents have their own ways. I wish Haynes become easily available in India
Old 13th December 2010, 21:06   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post

What is the current status & feedback on Bosch service?
Bosch Service is available across various franchisee in Bangalore, rating varies from franchisee to franchisee. I got mine done @ Lotus Motors Mysore road, happy to give them 3/5, meets expectations.

Quote:

I'm also a bit clueless as to what KIND of service do they provide?

Is it a typical routine service (oil+filter change, air filter change, preventive maintainance etc) or do they do just electrical servicing?
Regular service, oil change, Periodic Maintenance plus breakdown services.

Quote:
Also, are they open to having customers standing & watching their cars being worked upon? I'm the kind of person who'd buy spares, oils etc from outside and just have the technician work on my car. Is this possible at Bosch service center?
As per my experience (only one time) Bosch centers are very very crowded perhaps they may not encourage somebody watching, with regard to getting oil from outside that should be acceptable. As far as spares are concerned you're getting Bosch spares then why buy outside or come to Bosch in the first place ?

hope this helps,
BR,
Rajiv

Last edited by rajiv.kulkarni : 13th December 2010 at 21:08. Reason: Quote tags
Old 13th December 2010, 22:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I had been to Bosch service centre in Pune today. I did engine de-carbonising, oil change, oil filter change and engine flush. Their service was very good. The de-carbonising was done with a Wuerth machine. They recommended Bosch 15W40 oil for my Chevy. The oil filter was Bosch and the engine flush was Wuerth.

I am extremely satisfied with Bosch. It was much better than the company service centre. I will update more details in my ownership thread.

And yes, I stood and watched the whole time. No questions asked by them. But they replied patiently to my hundred odd queries!!

Last edited by Chevy_lover : 13th December 2010 at 22:19.
Chevy_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2010, 15:10   #19
BHPian

I recently got some minor servicing done for my mom's OHC, They changed the rear muffler assembly+ engine oil change, I havn't driven the car myself yet, but from what the driver told me, They did a decent job. Bill-4k change
I had given my Hyundai Getz for regular servicing there about 6months back
they changed the engine oil, cleaning the car, windshield wiper fluid, basic check of everything. 1500bucks!
This is the Bosch Service centre on ring road outside PESIT college in banashankari in bangalore. Adiga Automobiles
Satisfied service.
Kind of developed a good rapport with the person who runs the place, I would say reliable place!
Thinking of giving all the cars in the house for regular service here on a regular basis since I'm out of warranty period
Old 26th December 2010, 16:02   #20

I am posting this feedback for a Bosch Service Centre in New Delhi - Wheel Force Centre at Rajouri Garden.

I own a Maruti Swift (Petrol), with about 22,000 kms on odometer. The car's performance had come down drastically and there was no change in the car condition despite regular visits at Maruti service stations. This I am comparing with the condition of car at about 7,000 - 10,000 kms.
Through a friend, I recently learned about Wheel Force Centre. After a thorough inspection at Wheel Force, I was suggested to conduct three main changes in the car, which I agreed to do. These were 1). change the spark plug to Platinum Plugs, 2). get the injectors cleaned and lastly 3). switch to synthetic oil. They also fixed my long due AC problem through a strange looking automatic AC testing machine of Bosch. Besides this they also rectified the left pull in the car, which has been there since the beginning.

After this service, the engine felt like new with a perfect linear behavior of the car along with an all new torque in the car. What I liked best about Wheel Force is that they listen to customers and believe that a customer is genuinely facing a problem. This was quite a difference from a regular Maruti experience where the service advisers will unnecessary argue with you to make you realize that the vehicle is running perfectly fine.

I firmly believe that it’s true that Maruti engines do lose their punch after 10,000 kms, but it can be brought back too. Hail the German technology and thanks to Bosch Wheel Force for a fantastic job done.
Old 3rd January 2011, 22:52   #21
BHPian

Just saw this old thread and thought of putting in my experience!

I had a 2001 model Santro which I'd bought in 2006. Was getting it serviced at the Yeswantpur Hyundai service station in Bangalore. But, I hated the Hyundai guys! They don't always know what they are upto. They just follow standard procedures and they charge way too much! They charged me 45/- labour to change the cabin lamp's bulb whose cost was 11/- and all this when I went for a complete service after 50k kms!

However, I found the Bosch service station in West of Chord Road (near Padmavati kalyana mantapa) and the manager (then, Dhiren Mehta) was very good! He had much better technical knowledge as well. I dint get a chance to interact with the actual mechanics though.

The cost of service was marginally cheaper but quality of work was way better than Hyundai service! Only the cleaning part was not great as Rajiv.kulkarni had already pointed out.

However, for tinkering, dents and small electric and mechanical problems the local garages are the best! Cheap and effective!
Old 11th July 2011, 21:14   #22
BHPian

Went back to Bosch for the 2nd time and they did an excellent job with the car. No oil change was required, Bosch service centre guys told me that an oil change is due only after 10K Kms unlike Hyundai *** who change oil every 3/4/5K whenever you give for service and charge you for that.

This time cleaning was good too
Old 19th April 2012, 19:03   #23
BHPian

Went back to Bosch again in Oct and they did a fantastic job, only my SA was out of town. I have fixed another appointment tomorrow so hopefully they live upto the expectations this time too. On the other hand my Brother in law had given his Getz to Adiga Automotive, he got a hefty bill may be because his is a used car. Anyways so far I am happy with Lotus and will continue to be with them unless something drives me away....
Old 30th September 2012, 13:30   #24
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

A new Bosch Service Center has opened up at Ghatkopar West, Mumbai called Nisha Services. If anyone has any experience with them, please post your review.
This is the address34, Gamdevi Road Sanghai Estate Ghatkoper-W, Mumbai,
Maharashtra - 400086

If there is no negative feedback, I am planning to take my car there next time.
Old 3rd May 2013, 21:38   #25
BHPian

80K Servicing done @ Lotus Motors Mysore Road

Timing Belt replaced
4 new Spark Plugs replaced
Engine Oil & Gear Oil Replaced
Brake Drum Cleaning and Greasing
2 new front speakers replaced.
Wheel Alignment + Rotation
Paid service

Total Bill 7K Plus, if I leave out the speakers it comes to around 5.5K.

They did a good job as usual.

Thanks & Regards
Rajiv
Old 15th May 2013, 12:04   #26
BHPian

Took my Maruti 800 on 12/03/13 to the Rapid Bosch service centre at Miyapur X Roads Hyderabad.It was been started since 2nd week of March 2013.
Was impressed with the workshop and with the professionalism of the owner and of the service Manager Mr.Mastan Ali.
The servicing and washing was done well and a few extra jobs which I had to do like the rear bumper alignment,exhaust fitting etc was also done well.Refreshing to see was that they took approval for any extra jobs to be done.No sales talk was given for fuel additives-this i have often faced at Maruti workshops and is quite irritating.
The charges were reasonable.As compared to my previous experiences with other workshops in the last 10 years I rate this as 8/10.I hope they continue the good work.
Old 13th August 2013, 00:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone used the MUDRA service centre (Bosch) at Kasturinagar in Bangalore? A friend of mine is looking at servicing his I20 there and is looking for feedback. I searched the forum, but did not find any reviews.
Old 25th November 2014, 12:55   #28
BHPian

Gave our M800 for service today at Bosch, Nacharam. They sounded like just any other workshop, but hopefully they have more time per each car.

Went with a huge list of issues to be worked on, and they want 1.5 days for delivery. Hope they do a good job. Will post back tomorrow night!

EDIT: Also noticed a TVS Workshop (for cars) just near Bosch. Maybe next time I can give them a try!
Old 25th November 2014, 13:30   #29
BHPian

Has any Mumbai BHPian, especially Navi Mumbai BHPian got the service done from, Agast Brothers Auto Works Pvt. Ltd. Plot No- 58, Service Ind. Area, Sector- 23, Turbhe, Navi Mumbai. Pin Code: 400 705. Maharashtra.? This is a Bosch authorized service station. As i have discussed in other forums about the BAD service i got from ASC of Skoda, i am desperately looking for a reliable option to get my Fabia serviced. Its been 6 years for the car, so i have minor issues like rattling here and there, plus some suspension issues. Skoda guys outrightly told to get the suspension plus the brake disc rotars replaced (wondering why.?).
I do not trust these people at all. Hence need a reply soon.

Regards

Keep Revvin'
Old 28th November 2014, 19:19   #30
BHPian

Okay, Bosch Nacharam promised a 1.5 day delivery but hadn't finished it in time and needed another day to complete work on my car. Work involved - gear bush change, brake overhaul, clutch cable change, and some very minor items. This is a delay, but if work is good then it is acceptable.

Their work related to the main cash-bringing jobs - brake, gear, clutch - were done well and satisfactorily.

Other work that I reported was done rather shoddily or not done at all - excuses of several kinds were given for not wanting to touch tasks that wouldn't fetch them any money.

On top of that, they installed an unsightly sticker on hatch, on the paint (not even glass) and they brought a paint removing tool to remove the sticker. They also damaged beadings on all 4 windows - excuse given was that they had to do that to get to the window pane mechanics. When I complain to job supervisor, he says "For all I know it was probably already damaged when you brought the car in". After this, I completely lost all interest in the conversation and the place.

Also, they replaced a clutch cable for my complaint about squeeky clutch - mere lubrication could have been sufficient. I was already tired of arguing with the job supervisor and listening to his explanations, so I didn't pick this up.

Overall, less than OK experience, I will not return to this place. MyTVS, anyone?

Last edited by hellmet : 28th November 2014 at 19:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks