Team-BHP - Car Transportation without Insurance...Big Mistake?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Loans & Insurance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/)
-   -   Car Transportation without Insurance...Big Mistake? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/103590-car-transportation-without-insurance-big-mistake.html)

Hi All,

I have used www.leoindiarelocations.com for transporting my car from delhi to bangalore and that is expected to arrive in next 6 days.
Now the mistake i did was that i have not opt for the travel insurance that they were offering (1% of car value).:Frustrati

Was that big mistake? Any experience people have with leoindia?

Please i need some feedback from you guys.please:

Thanks in advance!

Ohhh Gosh, i thought something had already gone wrong. So are you implying that the car is currently in transit and is yet to reach bangalore? If yes and if you have already done then don't sweat. Leo are good and usually there wouldn't be any problem. I have used them and others (Like Agrawal) multiple times and never had any problems, never took extra insurance from them.

I am assuming you do have a comprehensive car insurance.

Thanks buddy.

Actually i was concern as i heard that Car Insurance dont imply when car is in transit on other vehicle. I dont know if that is the correct information.

Also, how much time they are going to take. They told me for 10 days which i think is too much.

As long as you have comprehensive insurance there is no need to worry. I had got my car transported from Delhi to Bangalore (and back) without the transit insurance (I did get my household goods insured though). There were no issues at all. The only 'damage' you can expect is the fuel meter reading near zero when the car is handed over to you.

Well, chaudharysaab, it's not long till you find out if it was a mistake. Just wait till the car is delivered and you will know.

Jokes aside, please be careful next time on, as sending such a valuable asset without insurance is not a wise move.

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybee (Post 2408968)
Well, chaudharysaab, it's not long till you find out if it was a mistake. Just wait till the car is delivered and you will know.
Jokes aside, please be careful next time on, as sending such a valuable asset without insurance is not a wise move.

chaudharysaab just mentioned that he didn't take the insurance offered by the transporter for moving his car from one city to the other,

This 1% is nothing but a freebie for the transporter, because all transits are covered if the car has a "comprehensive" insurance, he needs to worry only if his car has only "third party" cover.

So if you have a comprehensive cover, just chill! I am saying this from my personal experience of transporting 2 of my own cars, and suggesting more than this number to others in my friend circle.

One of my friend's car got damaged and he followed the regular procedure with his car insurance company and settled the claim.

On the main car transportation thread, atleast 4 BHPians have stated that the car's comprehensive insurance policy is enough. Apparently, Agarwal packers & movers also confirmed the same.

Rest easy :)

When you transport your car, it is not necessary, rather it is not required to take a further Insurance since your car already has comprehensive Insurance.

From my experience, all the car transporters themselves say that there won't be any Insurance. (Unlike that provided when you transport house items)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaudharysaab (Post 2408948)
Actually i was concern as i heard that Car Insurance dont imply when car is in transit on other vehicle. I dont know if that is the correct information.

Also, how much time they are going to take. They told me for 10 days which i think is too much.

Your car Insurance will be valid. It should take anywhere between 10 to 14 days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaudharysaab (Post 2408590)
Hi All,

I have used www.leoindiarelocations.com for transporting my car from delhi to bangalore and that is expected to arrive in next 6 days.
Now the mistake i did was that i have not opt for the travel insurance that they were offering (1% of car value).:Frustrati

Was that big mistake? Any experience people have with leoindia?

Please i need some feedback from you guys.please:

Thanks in advance!

I have used Leo Packers & Movers multiple times; they are good. I have recommended them to several friends too, and nobody has any unkind words to say about them (this includes car shippings too). Their website is Leo Packers and Movers India Pvt.Ltd.™.

The website you have provided appears to be a copycat. I checked with my contact in Leo Packers, who says they are involved in litigation with this company for misusing their trademark.

You mean the web site I provided is not valid. Am I using wrong people because I got mail from them only and also all number available there are as per the mail I got

So there are two companies with almost same name and are in same business.??

BTW the one you used have quite a good corporate client list listed on their website.

Exactly the reason SirAlec i used that as i am also in Accenture.
Lets see how that ends up in coming week as it will arrive in 1 week from now

I am transporting my Honda Civic from Delhi to Hyderabad. I have selected Leo. My car has only 3rd party insurance.

- Should I opt for insurance?
- How much should it be? The quote says 1.5% of car value
- How to calculate the car value to arrive at the insurance figure?
- Can I get the same directly from a insurance provider?

Thanks for your time

First, having only third party insurance on any vehicle is not a good idea. Always better to have a comprehensive policy. I for one, would think it a bit strange to own and drive a reasonably expensive car without comprehensive insurance.
With ref to transporting your vehicle from one city to another by road or by train or whatever, it is always sensible to pay the premium and insure it specifically, in the event something goes wrong.
I think you will need to have your car evaluated first and then arrive at the requisite value for the insurance premium to get calculated. This may also be a good opportunity for you to get the comprehensive policy done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokie (Post 2996202)
I am transporting my Honda Civic from Delhi to Hyderabad. I have selected Leo. My car has only 3rd party insurance.

- Should I opt for insurance?
- How much should it be? The quote says 1.5% of car value
- How to calculate the car value to arrive at the insurance figure?
- Can I get the same directly from a insurance provider?

Thanks for your time

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 2996438)
First, having only third party insurance on any vehicle is not a good idea. Always better to have a comprehensive policy. I for one, would think it a bit strange to own and drive a reasonably expensive car without comprehensive insurance.
With ref to transporting your vehicle from one city to another by road or by train or whatever, it is always sensible to pay the premium and insure it specifically, in the event something goes wrong.
I think you will need to have your car evaluated first and then arrive at the requisite value for the insurance premium to get calculated. This may also be a good opportunity for you to get the comprehensive policy done.

The reason why it doesn't have comprehensive policy is because it's hardly being used.