Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2011, 20:26   #16
BHPian

Re: Unsolicited telecallers for car insurance renewal

Well I don't think there is much of a debate. Telling a telecaller that you are on the Do not Call list and would not like any further calls works as well as the long list of innovative excuses.

What got my goat was the sheer numbers of unprofessional calls from different numbers that have been hitting my phone. Now on I am making use of the DNC registry complaint facility for all errant numbers.

I do wish that we had better checks and fines for violating privacy regulations like most other countries...& some corrupt, paan chomping Govt. babu hadn't leaked the list out in the first place!
Old 8th September 2012, 15:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

I tried the "sold my car " line but the calls just don't end.

This is the third time I got a call from Bajaj Allianz for insurance renewal of my car. I never asked anyone for insurance renewal - plan to renew my old insurance with Future Generali.

I got really frustrated and I finally sent a complaint on the DND registry ( my number's on it).

Let's see if anything happens out of it.
Old 9th September 2012, 15:23   #18
BHPian

My friend gave me a very good idea to stop all these nonsense.
1st time you decline politely since, even though they are troubling you, you should tell them your disinterest and hope they stop.
Next call from same company... That time you call them in your office. Meet them at reception and tell that you dont want insurance. Also tell that everytime someone calls, you will say yes, then make the agent come down to your office and refuse to take insurance.
This works not just for insurance, but also credit cards and other stupid people.
This mentalilty is known as "vighna santoshi", haa haa! But they are breaking the law. :P
subscrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2012, 21:36   #19

I use this excellent app on my android called "India Against Spam".

This app gives you a list of all the calls and sms from your log from the last 3 days. All you have to do is select the telemarketer's number and it will automatically extract all the information about the call/sms ready to be sent to 1909 in the format given by the TRAI (which can be quite a pain if you have to write everything).

Once the complaint is sent to 1909 (toll free number), I get a confirmation sms and a complaint number from my service provider. After a few days I get a call or sms or email from the service provider informing me what action they have taken. They fine the caller and give a warning for the first time. And they discontinue the number if there are more than one complaint for one number.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks