Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2011, 21:50   #1
BHPian

Bajaj Allianz refusal to give me 24/7 roadside assistance!

Just had a terrible experience with Bajaj Allianz on Friday and thought I will share it with you guys. Total rip-off and feel cheated.

I went to the station to pick up a guest visiting us. while waiting there inside the car, the key was in battery 2 mode, but no radio or wiper was running, except the tail red light. after about 15 mins, the twisting the key, car would not start.After another 20 mins of frustration, i decided to avail the 24x7 help the policy promised. First a lady picked up, kept asking my name, policy, engine details, blah blah.Still no sign of helping. After about ten minutes of going nowhere(she did not even know where Navi Mumbai is!), I got heated up. She realized my anger at the handling and said that I need to call another number.

Called the other number, again same story. Told them all the details and ,you got to believe this, I had to repeat my policy number 6 times before our pal thought he heard it correct. Again after 10 more minutes, he is still clueless. Says he will call back in 5 mins. Sure enough he calls, only to tell me that my policy does not have the 24x7 support. I said, I bought the policy year before last for this feature and renewed it last year as well. But the fellow was adamant. He took on conference somebody at BA and restated the same. I was furious, stranded in the pounding rain and after 30-35 mins of phone despair with my policy provider, but nothing I could do, nobody to give some fistfulls.

My trust in them is eroded and hunt for a new service provider has started.

I am sure many have better experiences with them, but in my experience, this is downright cheating.

I wish we had better on road support like in other developed countries.
longford is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 21:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ripped-off by Bajaj Allianz

I think this is in the same class as Skoda ripping their customers off.

I have a Bajaj Allainz policy too - and they have given me a 24x7 support card too. Did you get a card and use the number on that card. Just asking so that I know not to rely on these morons.
Old 1st August 2011, 22:14   #3
BHPian

No Card, but I got the policy wording document when I transferred to them from Reliance General.

Personally, it sounded shady right from the moment I called them. The lady kept saying about accidental damage and I had to keep reminding her that I do not have an accident but merely need roadside assistance. This happened at least 3 times, some kept-on-holds and finally a bounce off to another number. When she could fathom where Navi Mumbai is, long pause, followed by a suggestion that I call up the local branch office!

Another thing that might get you is that when they put you on hold, there is no music or teaser to indicate that you are in hold state. You will be tempted to think that you were unceremoniously bounced out into empty telecom space. In those times of need and frustration, that can also significantly traumatize.

Learning from this experience, I would suggest that you call up the Emergency Assist number of Mondial service and run your policy number on their database. Just to be certain that when uncertainty strikes, this will be one less problem

All the best
Old 1st August 2011, 22:21   #4
BHPian

Bajaj Allianz has a 24x7 motor claims support. They will tow your car only if you would claim insurance on the breakdown. They should have been clear with you on the phone. From your response, it looks like the lady tried asking about accident support, whereas you were asking for roadside assistance. I guess this is where things got lost in translation and the lady got confused and transferred the call. Still the other party should have made it clear that they do not provide roadside assistance.

24x7 roadside assistance is provided by some dealers. I won't expect an insurance company to provide such a service. Please indicate if I am wrong.

Last edited by echo77 : 1st August 2011 at 22:24. Reason: edited after your response
Old 1st August 2011, 22:38   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

horrible customer service! i thought at least BA will be a bit better!

What did you do finally?

OT: off late, you really need a very thick skin and lot of time and patience to get something through to the people on the customer support. the worst customer support is provided by telecom companies followed by insurance companies i guess.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 05:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

Sad to read about such experience. I have been having my BAJAJ Allianz Insurance for last 4 years and only once i had to use it for Towing and claim when i had an accident 2+ years ago.

If i remember it correctly i did call them as soon as i had an accident and was asked if the car needs towing. When i said yes they did arrange for someone to tow my car from accident spot to the Bimal Service Center in Whitefield, and i don't remember paying for the towing service. Overall experience was positive at that time. Looks like the quality of service has deteriorated over the years.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 2nd August 2011 at 05:21. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 2nd August 2011, 08:27   #7
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

This is the same with any insurance. When I had Maruti insurance, I was promised free towing. I had water accidentally go into my petrol tank & the car wouldn't start. The insurance didn't give me free towing to the workshop. The free towing was only in case of an accident insurance claim.
Old 2nd August 2011, 08:37   #8
Team-BHP Support

I never trust any 24x7 policy help products. If you have a 24x7 service from the guys, managing the company leased vehicle (in case its company leased), that would be better.

Its also easier to call the car dealer's 24x7 service. They may provide much better service. Though you pay for it, but its peace of mind.

PS; I have the same, but never ever called them for the 24x7!
Old 2nd August 2011, 09:31   #9
BHPian

I think there is a big misunderstanding going on in this thread... it is an insurance company. Why will they offer free towing or roadside assistance if you are not claiming insurance?

This snipped from their website: Car Insurance | Buy Car Insurance, Motor Insurance, Vehicle Insurance

Overview section:
Quote:
24 X 7 claim support
Key Benefits:
Quote:
Avail of our 24x7 Telephonic Service
Towing Facility in an event of a breakdown/accident 24x7 service by phone or online-even on holidays
Instant Claims Assistance and SMS updates on your motor claim status through our 24x7 call-centers
echo77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 10:25   #10
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo77 View Post
I think there is a big misunderstanding going on in this thread... it is an insurance company. Why will they offer free towing or roadside assistance if you are not claiming insurance?
Exactly my thoughts. Why would an insurance company offer a 24 x 7 "service for the car?" Guys, Bajaj Allianz seems to have cleverly worded their policy and the marketing guys simply made a mockery of it.

I would rather trust a Authorized service centre's 24 x 7 number to a Insurance provider
Old 2nd August 2011, 10:42   #11
Senior - BHPian

Ok. Even I was a bit puzzled when reading this initially and was surprised to know that an insurance company was offering road side assistance in the first place. Dealers and other independant garages etc, offer road side assistance for general repairs etc. But definitely not by an insurance company. I mean why should they? They have no connection to repairs, but only a towing service incase of an accident. I hope this is the actual case. Please check the documents again.
Old 2nd August 2011, 10:45   #12
BHPian

I had a policy for my Bolero with the BA guys and I think these guys are very arrogant and non co-operative. The Customer Support have "Take it or Leave it" attitude and they never offer any discount for the new policies.

For my Scorpio, I switched to Tata AIG and had a pleasant experience so far, not very good, but are better than the BA. I paid the least for my new policy compared to other policy providers are very responsive if any correction is required.
Old 2nd August 2011, 12:18   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Slight departure in experience for me with BA.
I also got the same policy last year because of the 24/7 roadside assistance.
2 times i got stranded, two times i called these guys.

Difference was they didnt say anything of the sort that breakdown assistance is not provided, only accident etc..

However, when they contacted their tow trucks, and those guys called me back, they asked my location, and said it would take 2-3 hours to get to my location.

luckily, both times i managed to fix up the car, so didnt get to see if they even turned up at all.

So, i think the tow bit IS covered(in word at least).
however, a 3-4 hour wait is sort of an indirect "no", isnt it?
Old 2nd August 2011, 12:31   #14
Senior - BHPian

@Longford

I fail to understand when there was an issue with the car why call the Insurance guys for that? Did you contact the car manufacturer/dealer/workshop helpline. Maybe they would have helped you faster than the Insurance guys. No point in blaming the Insurance co.

If the car needed to be towed then a towing no would have been more handy. Even I have a 24X7 helpline given by Royal Sundaram but alsl do have the Ford RSA no and Ford workshop helpline no which I will attempt to call first.
Old 2nd August 2011, 12:36   #15
BHPian

The 24*7 is indeed a Spot Assistance which is advertised by BA. It does not have anything to do with claims. In fact they're supposed to help you even for flat tyres, flat battery, fuel assistance (none of which you'd end up claiming). There's a limit to the number of times you can use this (per year). I think it's 4 times but for fuel/flat tyre, etc. its just 2 times.

This is packaged with the Drive Assure package.

Most Viewed