Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2011, 14:07   #1

The so called Maruti Hub & National insurance local branch office!!!!

Hello all,
This is my experience on National insurance. If anyone has any idea why are they doing this..

I bought a used maruti 800 for my spouse and got it registered in her name. The car was insured with comprehensive insurance from the so called maruti hub from khivraj motors. I approached to the local national insurance office to have the insurance name transferred. They checked and told me that this has to go to khivraj motors as they dont have online connectivity to the policies which came thru maruti hub.

Question: does it really make sense. wont they dont have a complete online database of all insurances applied for all vehicles. if they dont have connectivity to khivraj motors hub or rather visibility to the policy of a car, what kind of mechanism they adopt for claims etc.

I mentioned to the national insurance people that i want to continue the policy thru their branch and would not want to go to khivraj or any other intermediary. they said that maruti hub is best for you , because they process cashless claims and user friendly. Rather if i pursue with their office, it will be a tiresome experience for me for claims.

Question: Is this true. Have any of you experienced difficulty with national insurance if you directly deal with them

After which i went to maruthi hub in khivraj motors for name transfer. The lady over there took over the transfer request and was pushing too much to renew the policy with them asap( insurance was nearing the renewal date) and she will provide water service and so on. I said, to her that i need time to review on how and why khivraj is best.

Question: Are they really providing good service and benefits? any thoughts

I then asked them for a quotation on the premium. Since my spouse is a new dirver, and she dont have NCB, they calculated IDV for a sum for 62000 and for that they charged a premium of 3105/-. this is including PA cover.

I went back to national insurance local office and asked for a quotation. they calculated everything and provided IDV for 70000 and premium is around 2800/- including PA cover. I immediately opted for them to go ahead with policy.

Looking from this, its more clear that National insurance is much cheaper than going thru their intermediary as in this case Maruti hub or whatever.

the funny part now starts. After i got the policy copy, they gave me another broucher of national insurance. In that pamphlet it cleary states how to claim cashless thru national insurance central office for any claims.

so what i feel is either the local branch office personnel is not interested to work and hence tried to dive me away or they have something going on with maruti hub and hence they are pushing me to them rather where i would pay more than what iam supposed to.

any thoughts or experience is highly appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks